It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loss of Femininity in The USA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth
I think there is way to much # going on to even attempt any of that, not only does nobody have the time for it. In our economic situations and society at large it just may be going the way of the dinosaur. In the end I think its likely to all fall, or eventually and I have been saying this for some time, that some centuries from now humanity will turn into something like the vogons from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy are. Were pretty much that already in many ways.

I mean what you say is a nice theory for those who have the means or even the time and are free'er then 99.9% of the rest of us. But other then that, when you apply reality, its a slow steep on downward and has been for a long time. But hey! At least now we got more things to keep us amused and occupied. Femininity is not only lost, but the very meaning of it is changing and has been for along time, in our kids kids heads, it may not exist or be something entirely else.

But ya! Vogons, and that is only for those who survive and conform to the brave new world.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
I think the answer is...All of the above. Plus, you know this place is also a prison, and you cant get out of life alive. In all it depends on which paradigm its molding itself to, and looking at the world its really quite obvious which it is. That can be not only quite a ride, but very deceiving, the end result is more often then not, always be what you did not expect.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
The S3 plan, Selection For Societal Sanity. The past becomes meaningless, and only the future effectiveness exists. Turn your back on the world.

edit on 10pmFridaypm092015f5pmFri, 09 Jan 2015 22:31:17 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: celticdog
WoW. Now that is some real seething, but hey at least she is not hiding it like the rest. Either way, I think the problem of all this.

Well first I dont really see a problem, and second its all probably either comes down for men to social standing, and money, and for women control, and social standing, money, and sex. It's probably why all these feminazis are weird and stuff, they cant get any.

They actually still believe we have lived in a patriarchy this whole time.

Considering all the things on her list were either created or supported by women for centuries all the tyrants of history were mamas boys even, or the other things on the list were created and done so they dont have to do them, I mean why do it when you got a man to do it, its what there still looking for even though they do not necessarily have any real issues or problems, even the well to do one, somebody to take charge...Well its a given probability 100% certain that somebody will.

It all backfired though in the past ebb and flow, as such things are want to do. And its likely to happen with any new and bright idea the people get. But YA! Says it all. Its the way it goes.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie
That may have been bred out of humanity, the past two world wars killed of a great number of the tribal protectors. # even now a day, I still think some years ago when we first went to Iraq there was a piece on the news about a guy who could have went on to play football making millions but would have rather served his country and well got killed. I am sure Bush and Cheney is glad for his effort but many forgot him already, in fact I am probably the only one besides his family who ever remembers that story from back then. In this world those without a concious pray on those with one. And women are merely that which show up when the dust settles and a winner has been decided.

So really, ya. Are you surprised when you all have been supporting the systematic death and breeding out of the gene pool of those men? When you all have been supporting it for ages and ages even as far back as the industrial revolution and even farther back.

As for all you say. Its not all that hard, be glad you have something to hold on to, many men do not, not even there kids. In fact most women, and as everybody knows life is much easier and much better when you have something to be there for. So no, taking care of children is not harder, its easier, most especially for women and because it keeps you tied to life and socity and moving on. And last I heard these poor fools dont even have that, some threads ago in another such mix match you had story from another women about a guy sleeping in his care while trying to find a job with no liscence because they took it way when he could not pay the fee, and they did not give him the kids either.

So no. Nothing you say means that you have it harder then the average guy. In fact in most cases much easier. Now if we took your kids away forced you out of your job, took your liscence away, and made it impossible to leave even the county, and be treated as a criminal, well how far do you think you will get? Well since your a women as far as the next guy to give you a ride and take you places. But men do not have that option you know.

The majority of women use kids as something for them to hold on to there lifes, so really there more of help then a hindrance, and for some there also a crutch. Well since your a women as far as the next guy to give you a ride and take you places. But men do not have that option you know.

In all there is a whole hell of a lot of seething hatred. And it ain't going nowhere. Not anytime soon. And that is the least of it. Some sneaky # is going on. And you all will likely not hear of it or see, but maybe your kids kids kids will one day understand it all in hindsight.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Amen brother

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think it goes both ways honestly. Women expect this idealistic man that is a provider, strong, athletic, blah blah...then when men are like we want more feminine women we're chastised about out unrealistic expectations. I saw a picture a while back that rang true to me. Nowadays they're coming up with "realistic Barbie" because it puts all the false expectations on women. Women said that this was a mans idealistic view and they were having to starve themselves and such. The next picture over was he-man, wolverine, and captain America action figures. Not once have "average men" gone out with picket signs talking about how it's unrealistic to say that not all men should be barrel chested with like rippling 20 pack abs. NOT ONCE. I'm all for women doing whateved they feel like they need to do. I've seen women do things that men couldn't do and vice bersa, but let's not swing this one way and say men are evil and women are oh so victimized.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

To much information, lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's evolution, the universe has both masculine and feminine qualities. You're just fulfilling your sacred androgyne form. All the new generations to come will have this inherently built it. You are but transition beings going through growing pains to a more perfect form of evolution. Indeed Leonardo Da Vinci a man far ahead of his time painted himself as a woman (Mona Lisa). And many of the enlightened thinkers who drafted your country's constitution/ forefathers had long hair and looked sacred alchemy had taken place in their body and they had consecrated their sacred feminine, including Benjamin Franklin who ominously resembles the women of his era.

As for the women, as farfetched as HIVE mentality sounds, they are programmed worker bees. It's more obvious and evident in upper facets of government employment. Worker bees do not have genitals, they are stingy. That would explain women swearing off men after a certain point the programming reaches a point of no going back. Again this is all transition behaviour as evolution does not end here. It does go both ways and its a divine concept called "androgyny". I would expect someone with an angel as their display picture to know this OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
*Puts down the weights and backs slowly toward the door*
Nah, just kidding! I love feeling strong as a woman, physically and mentally. I absolutely love what zazzafrazz and misskat had to say on the matter, and I'll leave it at that.

edit on 10-1-2015 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is an extremely insightful post and I agree with you 100%

One side shouldn't be more masculine, and one side shouldn't be more feminine.

Androgyne form is the perfect balance of energy, thus allows for a peaceful existence.

Now getting to that point without destroying the entire world is another issue.

Peace,

RT

originally posted by: narin
It's evolution, the universe has both masculine and feminine qualities. You're just fulfilling your sacred androgyne form. All the new generations to come will have this inherently built it. You are but transition beings going through growing pains to a more perfect form of evolution. Indeed Leonardo Da Vinci a man far ahead of his time painted himself as a woman (Mona Lisa). And many of the enlightened thinkers who drafted your country's constitution/ forefathers had long hair and looked sacred alchemy had taken place in their body and they had consecrated their sacred feminine, including Benjamin Franklin who ominously resembles the women of his era.

As for the women, as farfetched as HIVE mentality sounds, they are programmed worker bees. It's more obvious and evident in upper facets of government employment. Worker bees do not have genitals, they are stingy. That would explain women swearing off men after a certain point the programming reaches a point of no going back. Again this is all transition behaviour as evolution does not end here. It does go both ways and its a divine concept called "androgyny". I would expect someone with an angel as their display picture to know this OP.

edit on 10-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There may be some truth to this idea. Although I don't really like the sound of it on its face Then again, I'm always hearing people saying that America is feminizing our males as well. So therefore, I have to conclude there is something more complex going on, and I refrain from passing judgment until I can see what that is more clearly.
edit on 10-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Maybe see those females as.....persons.....

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
The feminine qualities described in the op, are such an idealised unrealistic view of what a woman should be it's almost disturbing.
Women who dont meet up to this odd standard are not feminine and we've lost something?
i think a lot of those characteristics, may have been survival instinct for a weaker repressed women to gain favour in a masculine society. Thank goodnes women are no longer forced into and made to feel inadequate for not living up to such idealised "feminine valuees"

INDEED, I just want to be me!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

Maybe see those females as.....persons.....

I think that bit of wisdom should be applied to everyone, not just females.

Objectifying anyone can result in not seeing who, or what they really are.

In today's world of narcissistic, self-centered, me me me generation, not only do we not see others as people, but we diminish ourselves as human beings.

But yes your wisdom is one everyone of us should follow.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
The feminine qualities described in the op, are such an idealised unrealistic view of what a woman should be it's almost disturbing.
Women who dont meet up to this odd standard are not feminine and we've lost something?
i think a lot of those characteristics, may have been survival instinct for a weaker repressed women to gain favour in a masculine society. Thank goodnes women are no longer forced into and made to feel inadequate for not living up to such idealised "feminine valuees"

Are they now?

The qualities and examples came from female sites, and a hybrid of the definition of femininity.

Why is it women spend hours doing their hair, make-up, and dressing up every single day, because they want to look masculine?

Why is it more that 14 million women get plastic surgery for various body parts vs only about 1 million men per year. And these stats are just from the USA.

www.plasticsurgery.org...

Who or what drives women to do this are they victims, or are they making these choice all by themselves?

And again thanks for your input very insightful.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie
You know that pretty dam tempting...But should not that sort of stuff be left for other websites. I mean, this is a conspiracy site you know. Besides do you really want to tempt some of these people, this site is wacky crazy enough as it is, even if that got going it would be confusing as hell and go nowhere but in circles.

Wrong place wrong time sort of thing...Just saying, ya know. But ya! Cool chainsaw, and lady, and that's a very spiffy vogue looking goat you got there. I mean dam that goat hair is stylish.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nowadays, for the working class, we either have to lose our femininity or starve.

We are really damned if we do damned if we don't. We get crap from both sides of the fence and by both genders. We are told we have to be more competitive and be more "professional" aka masculine, to keep our job. The more feminine you are in the workplace, the more you have to fend off unwanted advances on top of dealing with accusations of trying to sleep your way to the top.

Then we have to put up the likes of the op, which just make us feel worse, because we are too exhausted to maintain the multiple identities required of if we want to have relationships and families as well. Op's such as this are not helpful.

I am sure you have noticed a higher percentage of femininity in the upper class and the elite, versus the middle class and the working poor. Think about it.

However, you are completely dismissing the fact of individuality! Some men are naturally more masculine and other more feminine and the same goes for women.

Personally, I think that naturally I am more feminine than what the workplace allows, but I also like to do "guy things" as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I see where you are coming from. And it makes me sad that women have to give that part of themselves up.

The reason I brought the entire topic up was not to make females feel bad about themselves, but rather try to understand a bit more what is going on.

I have heard from female friends that they are losing themselves, and don't feel feminine, so it prompted me to do a little research. I have asked them directly, but many times the answer is "I don't know".

Your answers have helped this conversation for sure.

I'm not female, so the only thing I have to go on is what females tell me, facts, life experience, and ATS female members. I knew that I would get attacked directly from some females that over-reacted and took offense, but let the truth be known that if I didn't care, or even want to understand this thread wouldn't exist.

Personally I do not care for female's that pretend to be something they are not. I enjoy the company of women that are comfortable with themselves and happy their choices in life.

What this means is they can wear jeans, a suit, tattoos, piercings, over-all's, or anything else they feel comfortable in; I just want them to be themselves, not what they think society thinks they should be.

Also this goes for most of the people I hang out with. I understand it always takes a while to see, and understand who people are, but people that choose to be phony are a drain imo.

I think women that don't wear lots of make-up and are comfortable with whatever they put on the first time are just as sexy as a women that spends hours getting themselves pretty.

Seeing who the real human being is has nothing to do with looks, but rather what's inside and the actions of that person.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is a good thread. I thought I would just add a little bit of insight. I am a man. I am not the average man for my age. I am 21, I am married, I have a child and I am a successful tradesman. Most people my age are uninterested in anything but meaningless sex and drinking. I met my wife when I was 19. She was a single mother (divorced her husband of 3 years because he was physically abusive) with a job and a life of her own. I was an excited kid who was underemployed and sort of just walking through life. She moved in with me pretty soon into our relationship, and within a year I found myself married, now a father to the most beautiful little girl in the world and forced to step up and be a man. I got a full time job, went to school for welding and got a second job to make sure we culd make our bills.

Why did I have to work so much? Because she wanted to be a stay at home mom. All my life I had wanted the kind of family where I go to work all day and come home to a hot dinner, a kiss from my family and a clean house. I was taught growing up that I would have to do a lot of the housework and support my wife in whatever career she chose. I looked at these women who worked so much and refused to let a man help them and I became disgusted. I was once yelled at for holding a door open for a woman at the bank, because I was opressing her. I was merely being the man my father had raised me to be. When I met my wife the thing that I found most attractive was how she was with her daughter. Seeing her be the mother that she clearly was meant to be made me feel like I had to be the man I was meant to be, for her.

Jump a few months later when she quit her job and told me that someday she wanted to be a stay at home mom. I told her that I would do whatever it took to make her dream a reality. I started working 60+ hours a week while going to school so that she could stay at home and keep the house for me. I am more happy now than I have ever been. I still help with housework when I get the chance but she is the stereotypical housewife. She even makes me clothes (her mother was a seamstress and taught her how to work with cloth) and rubs my shoulders at the end of the day. We have both found the happiness that we needed in the arms of a 50's style marriage.

The femininity is there, we just have to find it. If my wife had wanted a career and not been a mother then she wouldnt have been the woman for me. I live for her, she lives for me. That was what I wanted in a marriage. She wears beuatiful dresses, swoons when I give her flowers, dances with me to our favorite music in our kitchen and cooks the best food I have ever had. She is a perfect, feminine woman, and I love her.

If there is a loss of femininity it is because of an error on both genders. Men nowadays dont like to work and dont support their families like they should. On the other side women feel like they have to do everything by themselves. If we just stepped up and did what we are supposed to do then women would have that choice again to be the feminine creatures that they are. Its when men walk out and leave them single, sont support them like they should and walk all over them that women are forced to get this thick skin and become these pseudo-women that we see today.

*as a side note. Feminists that insult my wife for being a stay at home mom and the way she lives with me do not help the situation. There are very few things in this world that upset me more than when somebody insults my wife for her lifestyle choice. If she chooses to clean the house, raise our daughter and let me slap her booty after a long day then so be it. (sorry for this rant section, I was just talking to my best friend's gf who is a feminazi and upset me)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join