It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of this years Darwin award finalist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A guy in Florida was arrested and charged with one count of possession of methamphetamine and one count of possession of marijuana

The idiot was wearing this shirt.

Ok how do you wear that shirt and have drugs on you?

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Lol what an idiot.
When I saw his mugshot I thought it was a famous actor....anyone guess who I thought it was?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Maybe not an actor but he looks like a methed up Simon Cowell to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
He's not eligible for a Darwin award.

There are 5 requirements.

en.wikipedia.org...

Inability to reproduce

Nominee must be dead or rendered sterile.

Sometimes this can be a matter of dispute. Potential awardees may be out of the gene pool because of age; others have already reproduced before their deaths. To avoid debates about the possibility of in-vitro fertilization, artificial insemination, or cloning, the original Darwin Awards book applied the following "deserted island" test to potential winners: If the person were unable to reproduce when stranded on a deserted island with a fertile member of the opposite sex, he or she would be considered sterile.[15] Winners of the award, in general, either are dead or have become unable to use their sexual organs.

Excellence

Astoundingly stupid judgment.

The candidate's foolishness must be unique and sensational, likely because the award is intended to be funny. A number of foolish but common activities, such as smoking in bed, are excluded from consideration. In contrast, self-immolation caused by smoking after being administered a flammable ointment in a hospital and specifically told not to smoke is grounds for nomination.[16] One 'Honorable Mention' (a man who attempted suicide by swallowing nitroglycerine pills, and then tried to detonate them by running into a wall) is noted to be in this category, despite being intentional and self-inflicted, which would normally disqualify the inductee.[17]

Self-selection

Cause of one's own demise.

Killing a friend with a hand grenade would not be eligible, but killing oneself while manufacturing a homemade chimney-cleaning device from a grenade would be eligible.[18] To earn a Darwin Award, one must have killed oneself; merely causing death to a third party is insufficient.

Maturity

Capable of sound judgment.

The nominee must be at least past the legal driving age and free of mental defect (Northcutt considers injury or death caused by mental defect to be tragic, rather than amusing, and routinely disqualifies such entries). After much discussion, there also exists a small category regarding deaths below this age limit. Entry into this category requires that the peers of the candidate be of the opinion that the actions of the person in question were above and beyond the limits of reason.

However, in 2011 the awards targeted a 16-year-old boy in Leeds who died stealing copper wiring (the standard minimum driving age in Great Britain being 17). In 2012, Northcutt made similar light of a 14-year-old girl in Brazil who was killed while leaning out of a school bus window, however "disqualified" the award itself because the likely public objection due to her age, which she asserts is based on "magical thinking."[19]
Veracity

The event must be verified.

The story must be documented by reliable sources: e.g., reputable newspaper articles, confirmed television reports, or responsible eyewitnesses. If a story is found to be untrue, it is disqualified, but particularly amusing ones are placed in the urban legend section of the archives. Despite this requirement, many of the stories are fictional, often appearing as "original submissions" and presenting no further sources than unverified (and unreliable) "eyewitnesses." Most such stories on Northcutt's Darwin Awards site are filed in the Personal Accounts section.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Lol what an idiot.
When I saw his mugshot I thought it was a famous actor....anyone guess who I thought it was?

My first thought was Mel Gibson. Am I right?

Or, is it Simon Cowell as another member posted?

Either way, that dude is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Ha him also.
I thought Mel Gibson lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Lol what an idiot.

. What actor? Mmm, that's a tuff one one.. Estelle Getty?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Darwin Award winner gives his or her life in the lauded act. The winner dies as the result of his/her own idiocy. Thus idiocy became a lauded act. The home made rocket car slams into the mountain, it just couldn't corner too well at supersonic speeds

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I like this one....I don't think it can be true but..

www.darwinawards.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Anyone remember the guy who had his head swallowed by an elephant anus? If he would have died, that would meet the qualifications of top spot in the category. Top 3 at worst.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
A guy in Florida was arrested and charged with one count of possession of methamphetamine and one count of possession of marijuana

The idiot was wearing this shirt.

Ok how do you wear that shirt and have drugs on you?

www.nydailynews.com...

I wonder whats stained on his shirt lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Looks like Robert Downey Jr would've looked like
If hadn't cleaned up his act

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Looks like Robert Downey Jr would've looked like
If hadn't cleaned up his act

Very possible.

My first thought though was of good ol' Mel. The mug shot looks very similar to the one he got for a DUI.

That's when he went on a rant about jews and all other kinds of racist and crazy stuff.

To this day, my husband will still often refer to me as sugar tit$.

He took that phrase and ran like the wind with it.

Bless his little perverted heart. (I mean my husband of course)

My stance on the dude arrested is still where it should be...he is an absolute idiot.

In all fairness though, I too was an idiot at many stages in my life and it's a miracle I never got pulled over and arrested.

I used to drive around in car covered in Grateful Dead, Phish and all other kinds of band stickers that tend to stereotype a persons lifestyle. I guess I was just lucky. Even back in those days though, I would never walk around with a shirt that said:

"Hey, I got drugs"

Tit for tat I suppose.

new topics

top topics

join