It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could really use a little spiritual guidance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Do you have to make a choice? Can’t you be your weird self, seek God and truth, and still maintain a relationship with family and friends?

I mean, I do understand you wanting to guard yourself, and on some levels, I can totally relate, but as for myself, and to those I share a close personal relationship with, I go the other route: I own my weirdness and I celebrate it with them. I am weird because I do think waaaay too much, and they, as it seems to me, don’t think at all - not about anything that really matters anyway: about what this place is and what it all means. And I let them know it, and they let me know it, and at times it may cause confrontation, but I think that, as long as no one tries to back the other into a corner, or give the other an ultimatum, then likely nothing will every be said that can’t be forgiven -- there hasn’t been anything, yet, anyways...

Nevertheless, you don’t have to tell everybody all of your business all of the time, so if you feel like you need to be especially guarded, then be especially guarded: be mindful of others’ level of awareness, and choose your words for them carefully; be mindful of what you seek, and whose words you trust in; and when it comes to you and God: be mindful and guard against those who would stand in the way of you finding him.

And that’s my only real advice here: don’t let anyone stand in your way of finding God - never - never ever let anyone dishearten you so that you stop seeking -- finding God is the only thing that really matters.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Me and You are the same or rather You and I lol.
I was raised to be loosley christain i love jesus but got the gnostic and new age in me too ....a little .
For my advice im going outside of relligion here becuse we both have the same doubts sometimes .
And this is a fact that brings me comfort sometimes ................I Am Energy and energy is not created nor is it destroyed it is only transformed......to finish the phrase as a christian unless by god or yhwh or jahovah he creates at will.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join