It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean and John Kerry...2 peas in a pod that won't call a Spade a Spade...Islamic Terrorists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maher also issued a general challenge to all liberals who vigorously police the words and actions of Jews, Christians and non-religious people — but who won’t criticize Islam.

www.theblaze.com... lism/

Funny how Maher is bout the only one who calls it like it is.

I wonder why some people no matter what just won't hold Islam to the same standards we christians, and jews are held to.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What's this have to do with what I wrote? Why didn't you answer any of my questions?

For the record, I'm not defending these extremists. They are despicable human beings. They should all rot in some dark cell somewhere. I just don't like people labeling the entire religion as extremist like has been the norm in the media for the last 20 years.

I also recognize that the Muslim religion has some pretty intolerant views namely towards women, homosexuals, etc. But that is their religion and they practice it in their country. They come here and abide by our rules (except for the few nutters) though.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Maher is not the voice of all liberals.

He got so much wrong in that rant he went on.

If you are you want to hear from some one that knows a thing or more then maher

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Ok. When was the last time the KKK shot, beheaded and killed anyone? When was the last time Muslim extremists shot, beheaded and killed anyone Go.

Is this for real? Are you honestly trying to suggest that the KKK isn't actively doing violent things in this country? They may not be beheading people, but they are certainly doing violent, terroristic things.

Please link a source where a KKK member has been in the news for doing violent, terroristic things causing death in the past 20 years. Thank you in advance.

Louisiana woman set on fire; 'KKK' smeared on her car, police say 2012

There are more than those just type in "KKK murders" plus the year and you will find what you are asking for.

Those are just the ones that are known of. As I am sure you know in the US they are not big on taking credit or implicating themselves so who knows how many have been murdered where they either couldn't be tied to it or the victim just became another missing person.

I am just saying it happens.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have hundreds of friends from all over the planet on my facebook page, I am a bead weaver and have liked many other jewelery artist and beaders from around the world

I wanted to share a comment from France, I hope it is ok

Text I am i am muslim and like hundreds of millions of muslims around the world, i Can take no more to see my religion kidnapped by these crazy - furious, these murderers who sow Fear and hatred against islam in the world. I am sick of the see use and abuse our silence and divert our identity, Our values, for the strategic purposes purely terrestres. Kill 12 people, 12 fathers,, son, husbands, children, blood Cold, because their values and their constitution guaranteed freedom of laugh at everything, even the Sacred, whether we like it or not.. Kill them and say that it is to avenge our prophet! My prophet, it is well above this act of pure barbarism.. I do not think it was proud today that 12 human souls, 12 Creatures of god, have been murdered in his name.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Fighting for simple words, there winning and we are letting them get away with murder and rape of land and cultures.
When the president says god bless amurika before bombing another country,'it should be called mass murder, but we cant offend the weak minded drones so they call it bringing democracy.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

There are plenty of horrible acts promoted in the Bible:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

I will make Mount Seir utterly desolate, killing off all who try to escape and any who return. I will fill your mountains with the dead. Your hills, your valleys, and your streams will be filled with people slaughtered by the sword. I will make you desolate forever. Your cities will never be rebuilt. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)

While the Israelites were camped at Acacia, some of the men defiled themselves by sleeping with the local Moabite women. These women invited them to attend sacrifices to their gods, and soon the Israelites were feasting with them and worshiping the gods of Moab. Before long Israel was joining in the worship of Baal of Peor, causing the LORD's anger to blaze against his people. The LORD issued the following command to Moses: "Seize all the ringleaders and execute them before the LORD in broad daylight, so his fierce anger will turn away from the people of Israel." (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Wow. It's a good thing most Christians don't follow the Old Testament, isn't it. I say most, because there are a few "Christians" who think gays should be put to death. Point is, there is violent stuff in the Bible, just as there is violent stuff in the Quran. The Bible and the Quran are not the problem. People are the problem. We don't need to get rid of the Quran any more than we need to get rid of the Bible. People have to decide whether they will be hateful murderers who won't get along with anyone different from them, or peaceful brothers and sisters who welcome everyone into their community. Most Muslims are peaceful. The religion is not the problem.

You have a sub-culture of people who glorify violence. Getting rid of the religion won't stop the violence. That's because the religion isn't the problem. It's a cultural problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Now now hoosier, would you not be one to say that we need to not denounce the many for the actions of the few on those first two?

So do we not want to do it, or do we want to do it?

Uuhhh...what?

The point is that we always judge a group by the actions of a few. Muslims are no different

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Moral of the story
I think that anybody who uses religion to justify senseless acts of murder
should be locked into a mental asylum.

you can add George W "God told me to invade Iraq" Bush to the list of terrorists
www.iraqbodycount.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

originally posted by: infinityorder
And what is your point buddy?

When is the last time they did anything, at all, that even resembles violence?

1970?

Lol, oh no, 8000 in a population of 300,000,000. It is an epic peoblem.....

So how many Muslim extremists are there in a population of 1.57 billion?

You are really reaching here man. Come on, surely you have a better strawman than that to throw out.

Once again, the kkk is nothing. They are a few loosely affiliated inbred douche bags.

That talk stupid and do nothing.

Muslim extremists could be considered the same thing if we'd stop giving them a platform for their violence.

I can only guess but I would say tens of millions minimum.

Why are you guessing when the internet is available at your fingertips?
Debating: How many Muslims are terrorists? Percentage-wise, very, very few

Zakaria noted that, according to the State Department, there were around 11,000 terrorist attacks committed in the world in 2009. He said he would be “generous” to Beck and assume that a hundred people carried out each attack — even though, in reality, most involved from one to three people.

“One hundred people times 11,000 terror attacks equals 1,100,000 people,” Zakaria said. “But Glenn Beck’s figure is 157 times higher than that. If in fact there are 157 million Muslim terrorists in the world, what would the other 155,900,000 of them doing last year?”

1.1 million / 1.6 billion = .0006875 or 0.06875% and again the 1,100,000 figure is a generous figure.

I estimated which is probably more accurate than that bs number.

Lets see, no kkk members were involved in terrorist attacks last means there are none. This is the same thing you just did.

You are assuming quite wrongly that every single terrorist was involved in an attack.

There are always more people involved in anything than just the people physically involved in the action.

If only 2 kkk members commited terrorist acts does that mean there are only 2?

Obviously not. You are being disingenuous and you know it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Did you read the link at all? The link gives a healthy estimate of 100 people per terrorist attack. This despite the fact that most terrorist attacks are planned and carried out by 3 - 4 people. Heck you didn't even have to click on the link. Just read the excerpt that I posted. So try again.

Here I'll post the relevant part again:

Zakaria noted that, according to the State Department, there were around 11,000 terrorist attacks committed in the world in 2009. He said he would be “generous” to Beck and assume that a hundred people carried out each attack — even though, in reality, most involved from one to three people.

Emphasis added by me. I'd say that 100 people per attack is a good way to account for behind the scenes terrorists who don't carry out the attacks since only really a handful actually carry them out.

The estimate I found is certainly more reliable than your estimate. At least the person making it used actual figures. You just pulled yours straight out of your head with no corroborating evidence then you have the GALL to say that your estimate is more reliable.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That is a bit different.....you are talking about centuries of occupation/conflict.

It hasn't been centuries it hasn't even been one century. The Jews, Christians and Muslims lived there in relative peace until the Zionist showed up. So no it isn't in any way different both Muslims and Christians had their homes stolen from them. So why shouldn't they have the right to fight to get them back. So in your viewpoint it's ok for Christians to kill for what they want and not be terrorist but when a Muslim does it then they are terrorist.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Are there Christians shooting cartoonist?

I know they have a history, but at this point not comparable to extremism.

The question presupposes that Christianity (or Islam) is the motivating force rather than the façade/excuse/justification.

Cultural forces..a violent or oppressed climate or economically depressed climate that grows hopeless children into young sociopaths..who then use religion to justify their actions is the premise IMO.

Another way to look at it...In the post civil war south were the war left that region economically ravished and feeling deeply disenfranchised...some of the children of that generation grew into hateful, bigoted violent adults fueling the height of KKK's violent retributions. The decline of the KKK's prominence and power followed the slow economic recovery of the south.

It is not RELIGION that drives terrorists or hate groups...It is oppression, whether it be cultural, economic or political. It creates fertile ground for sad kids to grow into angry sociopaths.

Back to your question...Christianity...The "Lords Resistance Army"...LRA...Congo, Uganda, South Sudan...Wiping out towns, raping women, recruiting child soldiers...It's aim is to create a theocratic state based on the 10 Commandments...Joseph Kony being it's spiritual leader.

"Christians" are doing much worse than shooting cartoonists...depending on whether you want to call them Christians....or for that matter if you want to call ISIS Muslims.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join