It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean and John Kerry...2 peas in a pod that won't call a Spade a Spade...Islamic Terrorists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I wish some of you so ardently defended Christianity on the forum,

sheeese

I am not even religious and I starred you.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just how is it that muslims shooting non muslims is islamaphobia? (news from muslim states) I don't understand how those people think

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am not positive on ALL of those, but as far as I know they were not, and never claimed to be doing it for Christianity. The Islamic Extremists ALWAYS claim they are doing it for Islam, which unifies them in a way the ones you listed can't be unified.

So? They are radical extremists. Why take their word for it? If they were doing it in the name of Ronald McDonald would you stop eating burgers? It seems to me that some want to label it MUSLIM because it's easier to hate someone(even though they have done nothing to deserve it) due to fear of these maniacs. Slander ALL Islam. Pfft.

That makes no sense at all....they ARE Muslim and claim such and kill in the name of such and practice the religion of such. Not slandering all Islam here, but not calling them what they are (Islamic Terrorists) is simply trying to brush it under the rug. There is a problem with this. There is a reason for labeling and it is used in ALL court systems. If it weren't then murder would be murder across the board. Fact is, you have to have divisions/classification/labels because there are divisions/classifications/labels for each type....this type happens to be a religion and this religion happens to have a LOT of violence associated with it.

All these posts about going back to Christianity and what they have done years ago....same could be done for Muslims and Islam, though it can continue through today...literally today.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

sheeese

I defend true Christianity all the time. True followers of Christ act very differently than the people who judge, bully, abuse and demean others while claiming to be Christians. I say all the time that the ones doing all those hateful things are not true Christians.

Must of missed it.

link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

sheeese

I am not even religious and I starred you.

lol ty

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

All these posts about going back to Christianity and what they have done years ago....same could be done for Muslims and Islam, though it can continue through today...literally today.

See my post above. Christians ARE doing it TODAY.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
All I've learned from you guys arguing is that all religion sucks.
Some just suck more than others.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Source

THOUSANDS of fan mails, dozens of 'communities' call this person a hero.

~Tenth

Please.....you know what I meant. So he has fanboi's. He is not linked to any group nor are there any other members. He was a lone wolf that no GROUP has claimed membership nor have they taken responsibility for his actions.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

i love you anyway

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I wish some of you so ardently defend Christianity on the forum,

sheeese

I'm defending the undefendable. How many Muslims are on this website to defend Islam? How many Christians are on here to defend Christianity?

This forum has a history of anti Christian post.

I don't want the elimination of Islam like many here wish to see the elimination of Christianity, I hope for reformation, and that they start policing themselves.

You know who you are.

Why do you defend one and not the other?

And I don't want to see the elimination of Christianity, nor do I see a need for reformation. What I DO see are certain groups of people who use/misuse certain parts of the Bible to justify their horrible and hateful behavior. You have to admit that there is some awful violent stuff promoted in the Old Testament. But true followers of Christ ignore that part, and live their lives according to the teachings of Jesus. So, it's not about reforming the religion, it's about getting people to have love in their hearts and follow the good stuff in the Bible. True Christians are pretty good about doing that. Same with true Muslims.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

See my post above. Christians ARE doing it TODAY.

From your source article:

Djotodia’s departure weakened the former Muslim rebels, known as Seleka, who carried out deadly attacks on Christians after they grabbed power in March, prompting the birth of Christian militias called the anti-balaka, or “anti-machete” in the local Sango language. The armed vigilantes have used the power vacuum to step up assaults on Muslims.

So they took back what was taken a few months before in March by force by who.....MUSLIMS.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: infinityorder

There is a problem in the muslim community though, and their community needs to be a part of the solution, before they are lumped in with the problem.

And that's the overall point I've made over the years.

The change won't come from outside intervention.

Not something like this that's ideological. You can't fight a war against an idea.

~Tenth

I agree, ideas are bulletproof. Courtesy of V btw.

How can the regular muslims possibly sit by and watch this and do nothing?

Do they not see what is coming on the horizon?

I have been an avid history buff for my neear 40 years.

I clearly see whats coming, and unless someone convinces the regular folks over there to do somthing it will be quite bad, up to and including badold days book burnings, to try to rid the world of islam, as it is seen by most as the root cause of the problem.

It is only going to take a few more big attacks like france, and a jim crow like leader will emerge, one that is truly racist and unashamed, totally believing himself correct and the ignorant masses will follow.

Anyone who decents will be labeled and jailed as a traitor etc...

I just cant see how it comes to this at least once a century.

The problem for the muslims is the west will win, badly. All the while patting themselves on the back.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

i love you anyway

Kisses!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I always love it when liberals defend right wing NEOCONS over in the ME clinging to their guns, and religion and when they go on shooting rampages in other countries across the world.

Shouting 'God is great'.

Even better they hate gays, treat women like crap,stone people,strap bombs on themselves to kill infidels to get 72 virgins.

And the kicker the same people defending terrorists, never make the distinction when it comes to Republicans.

They are all evil.

And when it comes to cops .

They are all evil.

When it comes to the rich folks.

They are all evil.

When it comes to business owners they are all evil.

When it comes to gun owners. We are all evil.

That's some epic cognitive dissonance going on.

Lol neo, it is a bit of a head scratcher isnt it.

They are actually in a war on women over there, yet....

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Agreed.

Religion in general has killed more people than time cancer aids small pocks etc... combined.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I fail to see your point. You were contending that Christians, AS A GROUP, weren't killing and mutilating others TODAY. If you read that whole article you will see the atrocities that Christians are perpetrating today.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Islam needs reforms.

No it isn't Islam that needs reforms it's psychopaths that need reforms. There are almost 2 billion Muslims in the world if their religion truly preached preached the violence that you and others in this thread claims it does do you think there would be a world left? You cannot paint the religion as a whole because of what a few people do in it's name.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sorry, but I don't see these Islamic terrorists portraying anything other than being Islamic. Why is it so bad to call them such? They are acting in a manner based on the way they translate the Quran.....just as there are numerous translations for other religious writings.

I don't know..I do get Howard Dean's point. By calling them "Muslim Terrorists" it risks inferring that their religion is actual justification...or that the Muslim religion demands the horrors they inflict. Dropping the "Muslim" part or calling them out as actually not being Muslim by religious standards is Ok with me even if it is semantically difficult at this stage.

Put another way...tons of people in the USA do horrific things in the name of their perception of the Christian God. either as mentally ill loners or as organizations KKK, Anti-Abortion clinic bombing groups etc.

Hell...the Lords Resistance Army in Sudan + Uganda and Congo commits acts in the name of Christianity including "murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery" plus kidnap/child soldiers.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Resistance_Army

Most in the USA would not call them Christians...

I don't think the LRA deserves the moniker of "Christians"...and I don't think ISIS deserves the moniker of "Muslims"..

We can just consider them ideologically retarded sociopaths chasing money and power, waving the banner of religion as a justification to rape and murder entire populations.

Let me try your quote swapping Christian for Muslim and see if that helps cast some light..

"Sorry, but I don't see these Christian terrorists portraying anything other than being Christian. Why is it so bad to call them such? They are acting in a manner based on the way they translate the Bible"

They are NOT acting on a way they translate the bible...or the Quran...they are acting as gleeful murderers, sociapaths and rapers of children...then finding interpretations of the Quran to justify it...and if you have ever read the old testament, you could find equal justifications..you just have to skip all the rest of the text.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Hell I forgot to add the star and flag fests of the Jewphobia threads.

The war on common sense coming to a thread near you.
edit on 8-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I won't label every religion or group as extreme terrorists, Christianity , in the U.S . Has some, but are denounced, like the Westboro group.They aren't bombing and beheading, or killing people. If the problem is coming from one religion, call a spade a spade. That was a terrorist attack to stifle free speech. Our politicians are spineless. Just like illegal aliens vs. Undocumented workersm SO what is the political agenda by not calling them terrorists?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join