It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean and John Kerry...2 peas in a pod that won't call a Spade a Spade...Islamic Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jamie1

Since Stormdancer seems to have skipped out of the thread, would you care to answer the question in this post?

You've linked to an article, not a post.

What's the question?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I see where your coming from, but there's something important here I think we are leaving out.

We have casually branded all Muslims as extremists and terrorist for the better part of two decades now.

They don't do it Christians, they call them mass murderers or serial killers or "Freeman" or something else that's not as incendiary.

I think that having our leaders express sympathy for those who follow those religious beliefs ,without the obvious insanity is good, because it shows a willingness to understand the moderate concepts of Islam.

~Tenth

The difference from the examples you gave is that the Christian mass murderers aren't yelling "Allahu Akbar' while on their shooting sprees. How can you not draw a relgious context to yesterdays events as the shooters even said they were "avenging the prophet"? It's time this admin. take off the kid gloves in protecting political correctness.

link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
When was the last radicalized christians perpetrated mass murder on a weekly basis in the name of god?

I've already given examples of this in this thread. Not to mention so have other posters, but to recap a few of them: firebombing abortion clinics, church pedophilia scandal, the KKK, etc.

That is the quite obvious difference.

Either by honest or stop.

This is nor the same as a christian or Buddhist who kills and just happens to be religious.

These people are actively doing at least weekly in the name of their god.

The world is a big place. Violence happens all the time. It's not like the same terrorist is doing a terrorist attack then a week later is doing another one. Would you care to read about the DAILY gang shootings in our inner cities more?

You are talking bs just like tenth.

Just call them like they are.

Muslim extremists.

I've been calling them that this whole thread, but the discussion is about whether we should call them terrorists or not.

As soon as christians kill folks weekly in the name of their god, you can try an apples and oranges comparison.

Right now you just sound fruity.

It only sounds fishy because you don't want to look under that curtain. Christian extremists can be just as bad as any Muslim extremist. Heck they can even be more sinister since they act more covertly (like pushing morality laws like anti-drug laws that destroy MILLIONS of lives by putting people in prison). At least Muslim extremists are in your face about it. You know what they are about and their intentions.

link   

If fundamentalism is the problem, then what's the solution? Forced conformity?

Ah, no, it requires the same thing that Christianity had happened to make them change.

They all decided, amongst themselves, that their behavior was ungodly and wrong. And they were laughed at for thinking otherwise, mocked and then summarily THROWN OUT of their respective religious organizations for their extreme ideology.

And you're comparing this to the Pope expressing his views on condoms in Africa 10 years ago?

More than 130 people have since died in Africa, following the Pope's advice about condoms.

So in your view more black children being born in Africa is a negative?

I'm not even going to tag onto that bit of race baiting.

~Tenth
edit on 1/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Sorry, not sure how that happened. Here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What's the difference between a religious cult that is violent and a religious terrorist organization? We call crazy Christians like the WBC cults so that we can avoid lumping all Christians into their crazy beliefs. How many people would get upset if I were to casually call all Christians a bunch of nutters then cite the WBC as an example? Yet here you are ranting and raving because a few politicians want to take the time to clarify that not all Muslims are extremist assholes just like we do with Christians here.

Do you call the nation's forefathers terrorists? Because they certainly fit the description of what is a terrorist. Me, I'd rather stop calling anyone a terrorist. Violence is violence and it is illegal everywhere.

Last I checked the WBC members haven't shot, beheaded or killed anyone through their warped, intolerant view on things, unlike the Muslim extremists .

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yea, I guess showing examples of how Christian terrorism works is offtopic from a thread that discusses Muslim terrorism but during the course of it asked for comparisons towards Christians behaving badly. My bad for not seeing the foolishness of such endeavors. OR is it maybe that you don't want to look under the curtain and see that your religion isn't all kittens and rainbows, even today?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Then you agree that Christianity is all about bigotry, homophobia, and molesting and abusing children? According to you, Christianity must be the problem here in regards to those things I just listed. The Christian religion MUST be promoting these actions as the ideal, otherwise why would anyone claiming to be Christians be doing them?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I wish some of you so ardently defended Christianity on the forum,

sheeese
edit on 103131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

What's the difference between a religious cult that is violent and a religious terrorist organization? We call crazy Christians like the WBC cults so that we can avoid lumping all Christians into their crazy beliefs. How many people would get upset if I were to casually call all Christians a bunch of nutters then cite the WBC as an example? Yet here you are ranting and raving because a few politicians want to take the time to clarify that not all Muslims are extremist assholes just like we do with Christians here.

Do you call the nation's forefathers terrorists? Because they certainly fit the description of what is a terrorist. Me, I'd rather stop calling anyone a terrorist. Violence is violence and it is illegal everywhere.

Last I checked the WBC members haven't shot, beheaded or killed anyone through their warped, intolerant view on things, unlike the Muslim extremists .

Same point but substitute the KKK for WBC. Go.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Remember when he went on a rampage murdering children and he even left a manifesto calling for the next crusade?

I remember because I called him a Christian terrorist and boy that pissed off a lot of Christians and they would generally say if he claimed to be a Christian, he was either lying, mistaken, or crazy.

So if we are going to call a spade a spade then do it evenly across the board not just when it suits an agenda.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It happened this Year.

Uganda passed sweeping anti gay legislation, all the result of Fundy Christianity.

The Pope not even 10 years ago, went to Africa and said don't use condoms, it'll make AIDS worse.

What do you mean when?!

ALL THE TIME.

Just because they aren't beheading people, doesn't mean the damage they do, long term isn't just as bad, or worse.

Fundamentalism is the problem, not what kind of it you subscribe to.

~Tenth

I agree with some of your points partially.

But the only groups in recent history with a similar track record as the muslim extremists is the nazis and the communists.

Look at how they act in the isis caliphate. Do you not see a familiar pattern?

Kill everyone that isnt like us, so the rest will do as we say.

This time the same radicals that keep poping up throughout all of history are simply using islam for their bloodlust.

Communism still exists and is still quite brutal.

The nazis were systematically wiped out.

Notice people still suffer today because of communism, but none suffer from nazis.

Seems easy enough to understand why some would favor wiping islam out.

Not my wish honestly, but the world will rurn to stronger leadership to put an end to this for good if they dont stop.

The world left the nazis alone until they began effecting people everywhere else.

The commies mostly turn internal, thus they are tolerated.

Muslim extremists are bent on killing everyone on the planet that wont conform.

You already know how this is going to end.

History teachs every lesson one needs to know.

Muslims for their own self preservation need to make a stand, or they will reep the whirlwind.

Sad imo, but it is coming, maybe with the next big attack, maybe 20 from now, who knows. It is coming though.

I dont hate all muslims, I dont understand them either though, as I have met so few.

There is a problem in the muslim community though, and their community needs to be a part of the solution, before they are lumped in with the problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Check elsewhere then:

BANGUI, Central African Republic – Tens of thousands of Muslims are fleeing to neighboring countries by plane and truck as Christian militias stage brutal attacks, shattering the social fabric of this war-ravaged nation.

www.washingtonpost.com... 1e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

That's from last year.

ETA: To check the link it will have to be copied and pasted.
edit on 8-1-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I wish some of you so ardently defend Christianity on the forum,

sheeese

I'm defending the undefendable. How many Muslims are on this website to defend Islam? How many Christians are on here to defend Christianity?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

There is a problem in the muslim community though, and their community needs to be a part of the solution, before they are lumped in with the problem.

And that's the overall point I've made over the years.

The change won't come from outside intervention.

Not something like this that's ideological. You can't fight a war against an idea.

~Tenth
edit on 1/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Remember when he went on a rampage murdering children and he even left a manifesto calling for the next crusade?

I remember because I called him a Christian terrorist and boy that pissed off a lot of Christians and they would generally say if he claimed to be a Christian, he was either lying, mistaken, or crazy.

So if we are going to call a spade a spade then do it evenly across the board not just when it suits an agenda.

Sure...I can roll with him being a Christian Extremist, now please link to his group of extremists he has been tied to and anyone that has claimed he represented them and they were proud of his actions. Big difference between a lone-wolf and a group.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I wish some of you so ardently defend Christianity on the forum,

sheeese

I'm defending the undefendable. How many Muslims are on this website to defend Islam? How many Christians are on here to defend Christianity?

This forum has a history of anti Christian post.

I don't want the elimination of Islam like many here wish to see the elimination of Christianity, I hope for reformation, and that they start policing themselves.

You know who you are.

Why do you defend one and not the other?

link   

Source

THOUSANDS of fan mails, dozens of 'communities' call this person a hero.

~Tenth

link   
I always love it when liberals defend right wing NEOCONS over in the ME clinging to their guns, and religion and when they go on shooting rampages in other countries across the world.

Shouting 'God is great'.

Even better they hate gays, treat women like crap,stone people,strap bombs on themselves to kill infidels to get 72 virgins.

And the kicker the same people defending terrorists, never make the distinction when it comes to Republicans.

They are all evil.

And when it comes to cops .

They are all evil.

When it comes to the rich folks.

They are all evil.

When it comes to business owners they are all evil.

When it comes to gun owners. We are all evil.

That's some epic cognitive dissonance going on.
edit on 8-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

I wish some of you so ardently defended Christianity on the forum,

sheeese

I defend true Christianity all the time. True followers of Christ act very differently than the people who judge, bully, abuse and demean others while claiming to be Christians. I say all the time that the ones doing all those hateful things are not true Christians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join