It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Dean and John Kerry...2 peas in a pod that won't call a Spade a Spade...Islamic Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well...if this doesn't tell you how our government is trying to portray what is going on then I am not sure what does.

So here is a article excerpt:

Former Democratic Party head Howard Dean objected to calling the shooters in the Paris attack "Muslim terrorists," though the attackers were witnessed shouting "Allahu akbar" as they fired.

Dean, speaking Wednesday on MSNBC, argued that they should be treated as "mass murderers" instead.

"I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists. They're about as Muslim as I am," he said. "I mean, they have no respect for anybody else's life, that's not what the Koran says. And, you know Europe has an enormous radical problem. ... I think ISIS is a cult. Not an Islamic cult. I think it's a cult."

www.foxnews.com...

So, let's not call them what they are, just what we want everyone to call them.

Sorry, but I don't see these Islamic terrorists portraying anything other than being Islamic. Why is it so bad to call them such? They are acting in a manner based on the way they translate the Quran.....just as there are numerous translations for other religious writings.

However, these are Islamic in nature and as such are Islamic terrorists. Is the danger in this only calling them by what they are, simply because it may cause hate against other Islamic people? Doubtful....there is something more to this...not wanting to call a Spade a Spade is odd to me...what could the actual reasons be? It isn't as if there is going to be some revolution against all people of Islam anytime, so what is the real reason behind wanting to distance these Islamic Extremist Terror group from Islam being used to describe them....after all, they are Islamic.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I see where your coming from, but there's something important here I think we are leaving out.

We have casually branded all Muslims as extremists and terrorist for the better part of two decades now.

They don't do it Christians, they call them mass murderers or serial killers or "Freeman" or something else that's not as incendiary.

I think that having our leaders express sympathy for those who follow those religious beliefs ,without the obvious insanity is good, because it shows a willingness to understand the moderate concepts of Islam.

~Tenth

(post by Granite removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

What's the difference between a religious cult that is violent and a religious terrorist organization? We call crazy Christians like the WBC cults so that we can avoid lumping all Christians into their crazy beliefs. How many people would get upset if I were to casually call all Christians a bunch of nutters then cite the WBC as an example? Yet here you are ranting and raving because a few politicians want to take the time to clarify that not all Muslims are extremist assholes just like we do with Christians here.

Do you call the nation's forefathers terrorists? Because they certainly fit the description of what is a terrorist. Me, I'd rather stop calling anyone a terrorist. Violence is violence and it is illegal everywhere.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Only after Muscleman Terrorists squad enters their homes screaming "Allah Akbar" will Kerry, Dean utter a bad word...

Hopefully, that really happens soon for "Progressives" and their families.

So just because they don't want to label terrorist as Muslim they should have terrorist break into their homes? What kind of twisted thinking is that?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What's the difference between a religious cult that is violent and a religious terrorist organization? We call crazy Christians like the WBC cults so that we can avoid lumping all Christians into their crazy beliefs. How many people would get upset if I were to casually call all Christians a bunch of nutters then cite the WBC as an example? Yet here you are ranting and raving because a few politicians want to take the time to clarify that not all Muslims are extremist assholes just like we do with Christians here.

Do you call the nation's forefathers terrorists? Because they certainly fit the description of what is a terrorist. Me, I'd rather stop calling anyone a terrorist. Violence is violence and it is illegal everywhere.

As far as I know WBC hasn't done anything like and Islamic terrorist group. And they are called Christians...they are consistently referenced as Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH....I think that signifies Christian pretty well....I mean we call Islamic State ISIS right....implies/says Islam....

If you are killing for a religious belief under a religious name then why would those in power shy away from calling it such? I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to correct this in their own way.

As far as the nation's forefathers....no idea.....I wasn't around then. I am around now and dealing with this now....what they did at the time they were alive has no bearing on what is going on with current affairs in all parts of the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

"Twisted" thinking was the Progressive policy, insanity of the past 7 years thrown on its rear in November...

Remember November...Buster?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
As far as I know WBC hasn't done anything like and Islamic terrorist group. And they are called Christians...they are consistently referenced as Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH....I think that signifies Christian pretty well....I mean we call Islamic State ISIS right....implies/says Islam....

The point is that we don't lump all Christians into the WBC boat and let them speak for Christian beliefs. Instead we work to actively marginalize their opinion so that it doesn't become stereotyped as the overarching opinion of all Christians. Yet we allow the exact opposite to occur in Islam. Day in and day out we hear about Muslim extremists and how they hate western ideals. Yet proof after proof shows that they are the minority. Most Muslims want to live peacefully just like most Christians. But we don't hear about them.

This has gotten so bad that we have people advocating the wiping out of the Muslim religion, calling all Muslims evil. Heck I was reading in another thread where someone straight up called the Muslim religion the Anti-Christ.

If you are killing for a religious belief under a religious name then why would those in power shy away from calling it such? I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to correct this in their own way.

I think it is ridiculous that you think that killing someone for a religious belief is different than killing someone for any other reason. Killing is killing. At the end of the day, they are murders and bad people and should be condemned regardless of what we call them. What we SHOULDN'T be doing is calling them blanket names that allow people to correlate the less extreme people in those groups with the extreme people.

I could make the same arguments that a street gang in Baltimore are a bunch of terrorists as they kill people to shut them up from talking to the police, deter people from going down their terroritory, etc. Terrorist is just a dumb word that we made up to replace "murderer" or "violent asshole".

As far as the nation's forefathers....no idea.....I wasn't around then. I am around now and dealing with this now....what they did at the time they were alive has no bearing on what is going on with current affairs in all parts of the world.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
-Gerald Seymour, Harry's Game

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Who cares what they are called. All those groups are murderers. Anyway, with the new congress defunding DHS, terrorism must not be that important. Just more distraction. Like chickens being hypnotized with key words.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Are there Christians shooting cartoonist?

I know they have a history, but at this point not comparable to extremism.

Some ATS posters say horrible things about Christians, right to their face here on ATS, I would never dream of talking to a forum member the way Christians are talked to.

edit on 093131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: buster2010

"Twisted" thinking was the Progressive policy, insanity of the past 7 years thrown on its rear in November...

Remember November...Buster?

Where in the election was the politicians calling for terrorist to attack families? The election has nothing to do with you calling for innocent people to be killed. You are the one with the twisted thinking. Btw voter turnouts were the lowest since WW2 the people not voting just shows they have lost faith in the government.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess my issue with this idea is that there are not other religious groups all over the world right now committing atrocities in the name of their religion. WBC may be a crazy sect of Christianity, but they are mostly localized to their small area. Islamic Extremists are popping up all over the world and killing people in the name of Islam. There are plenty of crazies out there that do things in the name of whatever they believe....this is different....there are multiple groups, all under the same religion, loosely affiliated by this religion and killing in the name OF this religion.

While it is not necessarily "organized" in a sense that they are not all working together, they ARE all working in a similar fashion with similar goals and killing by the thousands in multiple areas. I can't say the same for any other religion these days.

This implies a problem to me.....not a misunderstanding of them, but a genuine problem within the religion that allows for multiple sects to have the same belief of killing in the name of their god being allowed under their religious beliefs.

Fact is, there are multiple sects of Islam, just as there are of Christianity, yet it seems multiples of Islam seem to think this is OK.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think it is ridiculous that you think that killing someone for a religious belief is different than killing someone for any other reason. Killing is killing.

You're point makes zero sense. Let's snap back to reality, here and now.

We have a world were Islamic extremists are regularly murdering people. Their leaders are unabashedly saying the murders are justified by their religious beliefs.

They are called "terrorists" because their goal is to induce fear, i.e., "terror" in people to get what they want, kind of like a bully on the playground does when he threatens to beat up kids for their lunch money.

They call themselves Muslims. That's how they've self-identified.

When our "leaders" are more concerned about what we call them, and making sure we don't hurt their feelings, it's time for different leaders.

We either stop these Muslim terrorists, or they keep slaughtering innocent civilians.

I say we stop them.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Some ATS posters say horrible things about Christians, right to their face here on ATS, I would never dream of talking to a forum member the way Christians are talked to.

What do you think is the religious beliefs of the people who do this?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

No, but they've been killing abortion doctors...perpetuating AIDS in Africa as well as laws that make homosexuality punishable by death.

Different details, same results.

It is, Christians fight wars by proxy.

And I would never dream of speaking to ANYBODY of ANY faith the way some people around these parts talk.

~Tenth
edit on 1/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The KKK and the Army of God cry they are Christians how many have they killed? Here are some Christian terrorist acts in America but the media is never constantly crying about them like they do Muslims.
Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012.
The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009.
Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008.
The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994.
The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996.
The murder of Barnett Slepian by James Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998.
Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994.
Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010.
The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984.
Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.
10 of the Worst Terror Attacks by Extreme Christians and Far-Right White Men
Most terrorist acts in America are committed by Christians but for some reason it's only Muslims that are labeled as terrorist. People say well it's because it says so in the Qur'an while choosing to overlook that the bible has three times the violence that the Qur'an has.
edit on 8-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.theforeignreport.com...

Buddhism is becoming more militant too, people are afraid of seeing their culture and way of life disapear.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
They were Islamic terrorist. They entered a building, started shooting innocent people while yelling their Islamic slogan. If that offends muslims, well who gives a damn? Treating women like cattle offends me and they don't care how I feel.
It looks like a duck
It sounds like a duck
It acts like a duck

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When is the last time that happened, there is no comparison to Islamic terrorism.

edit on 093131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

We either stop these Muslim terrorists, or they keep slaughtering innocent civilians.

I say we stop them.

What do you think?

No, that's not how it works.

It's not one or the other but nice try.

We have a world were Islamic extremists are regularly murdering people. Their leaders are unabashedly saying the murders are justified by their religious beliefs.

Statistically speaking, more people die of heart attacks that terrorism. The leaders of these SPECIFIC groups yes, not the Muslim community at large, although I'd love to hear them make more noise about it.

They call themselves Muslims. That's how they've self-identified.

No they have not. They have identified themselves as Jihadists. Or religious extremists. And should be discussed as such.

The word "terrorist" is a catch all term, a honey pot if you will, post 911 to label somebody in a certain way, that generates certain emotions.

Like the ones you are espousing now. It leads to things like patriotism and the Patriot Act and more civilians killed than terrorists.

Critical thinking, would dicate that KrazySh0t is right.

`Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join