It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Saddam's officials to begin trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There is little news on this at the moment, but it appears that officials from the old Saddam regime are to begin there court trials next week.

The trials of former members of Saddam Hussein's Iraqi regime will begin next week, interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi has said.

In a speech to Iraq's National Council, he said the "symbols" of the former regime would be tried "one by one".

There was no indication when Saddam Hussein himself would face trial.

Source:news.bbc.co.uk...

All I can say is it's about time. Still nonews on when Saddam will go to court, other than it may be early to mid 2005. I still want to know that if he was so obviously an evil man, why is it taking so long to get him in court?

Lawyers representing the members of the old regime have said their clients will not recognise the legitimacy of any courts established under US occupation.

That is interesting but not surprising, I wonder how they will get around that.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Look at milosovic, he is still being tried to this day, and thats in a country where there isn't any sort of war or insurrection at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Look at milosovic, he is still being tried to this day, and thats in a country where there isn't any sort of war or insurrection at all.

Milosovic should not be on trail and niether should Saddam. Saddam should be executed in a wood chipper on world TV. Milosovic should be set free, he was fighting muslim terrorist. He is a hero. Let him operate the wood chipper.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by Nygdan
Look at Milosevic, he is still being tried to this day, and that�s in a country where there isn't any sort of war or insurrection at all.

Milosevic should not be on trail and neither should Saddam. Saddam should be executed in a wood chipper on world TV. Milosevic should be set free, he was fighting Muslim terrorist. He is a hero. Let him operate the wood chipper.

Sigh... Do you ever actually try to add anything to a discussion DrHoracid?
It just seems that everything you post is either overly bloodthirsty or totally fanatical.

As for the trials, yeah I reckon probably mid next year for Saddam himself.
But then again I seriously doubt that any decision made by such courts would be seen as legitimate under international law, since the country is still under illegal occupation.

top topics

join