It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people critical after second Paris shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
the incident this thread refers to is been treated as "terrorist"

The AFP news agency is reporting that French prosecutors are officially treating Thursday's shooting in Paris, in which a policewoman died, as a terrorist act.

bbc news link

The 2 from yesterday are in the north east robbing a petrol station around the same time as this even in the south, sounds like the 3rd man or in a worst case scenario some form of copycat crazy
edit on 8-1-2015 by kamatty because: my input

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
from bbc live news feed

Posted at 17:26

Police sources have told the AFP news agency that two suspects are in custody in connection with the fatal shooting of a policewoman in Paris this morning. The suspects are reportedly a 52-year-old man and one other.

bbc news link

Im looking for more information now and will update when I find something

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
But... But... I don't understand??? I thought gun laws were extremely strict in France! I hear your application to own a firearm has to be endorsed by a local shooting federation, you must have passed three different shooting examinations to determine if you can safely own one, and you have to be licensed for 6 months before you are allowed to buy one, and even then you must keep it in a specially reinforced safe by law so no one can steal it!

Surely these people must have complied with all the national gun laws in France??? They couldn't be criminals and still own guns, could they???

Sorry but I can't resist. So long have Americans been cast in a die for "allowing" mass shootings thanks to our second admendment. The fact is: In a country with no constitutional right to own a firearm, only the criminals will own them.

I feel bad for the people who got shot - but I'm so very glad I don't live in France.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
But... But... I don't understand??? I thought gun laws were extremely strict in France! I hear your application to own a firearm has to be endorsed by a local shooting federation, you must have passed three different shooting examinations to determine if you can safely own one, and you have to be licensed for 6 months before you are allowed to buy one, and even then you must keep it in a specially reinforced safe by law so no one can steal it!

Surely these people must have complied with all the national gun laws in France??? They couldn't be criminals and still own guns, could they???

Sorry but I can't resist. So long have Americans been cast in a die for "allowing" mass shootings thanks to our second admendment. The fact is: In a country with no constitutional right to own a firearm, only the criminals will own them.

I feel bad for the people who got shot - but I'm so very glad I don't live in France.

French banlieues are full of military-grade weapons. Cops don't go in there anymore.

Said weapons are smuggled from eastern countries or north africa.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Gun are easy to get, if a person is a criminal. Its the law abiding that have the hard time acquiring fire arms.
edit on 8-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
HEard these guys lived in the sharia controlled zones where police are not allowwed to go. I think that needs to stop. time for a military sweep of these zones to confiscate weapons and contraband.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD
a reply to: VirusGuard

That´s because real world doesn´t function like in the movies.
Human beings don't fly backwards when they are shot; they collapse.
Blood doesn't burst out of the tissues; it seeps.

When they are shot at close range with a high powered rifle, it would blow a hole the size of a grapefruit in the torso, and would take half of the head off. Yes, there would absolutely be blood, and immediately. I guarantee it.
edit on 8-1-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

ETA: They used AK47's. The ammo is 7.62x39. This WILL go through metal and concrete. Dont tell me that would not take off half or all of a human head fired at close range. Her is a ballistics test for you.

edit on 8-1-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Depends on where the shot was. torso is softer than the head. And were these bullets were not hollow points were they? a FMJ if its single will go through pretty easy. ALthough We do nto have close ups of the footage so both of you could be wrong or right.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You seriously need to do some more research on ballistics before commenting. I guarantee they were using military surplus full metal jacket rounds which are super abundant and not hollow point rounds like the video you posted. Your assumptions of what a 7.62X39 FMJ round are capable of doing is based in a combination of Hollywood and fantasy.

Full metal jacket rounds are not intended to fragment upon penetration, they are meant for deeper penetration and do not fragment unless striking bone or something more dense than flesh. In the short amount of time that film of the shooting was there would not have been a pool of blood. It was mere seconds, clearly not enough time for blood to pool. There would also be no blood splatter because of the direction of the entering bullet. The exit wound would have been under the victim.

edit on 1/8/2015 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: LionOfGOD

That´s because real world doesn´t function like in the movies.
Human beings don't fly backwards when they are shot; they collapse.
Blood doesn't burst out of the tissues; it seeps.

When they are shot at close range with a high powered rifle, it would blow a hole the size of a grapefruit in the torso, and would take half of the head off. Yes, there would absolutely be blood, and immediately. I guarantee it.
ETA: They used AK47's. The ammo is 7.62x39. This WILL go through metal and concrete. Dont tell me that would not take off half or all of a human head fired at close range. Her is a ballistics test for you.

since your "knowledge" is apparently based off youtube videos, your "guarantee" doesn't really mean squat.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Saying somebody has training and professionalism doesn't make them a professional hitter. A professional hitter is somebody who does wetwork for a living, not somebody who spent a few weeks in the desert blowing through AK rounds and climbing monkey bars.

Did they have tactical proficiency? Yes. Did they receive training? Supposedly. That doesn't mean they're on some sort of Tier-1 operator level all of a sudden.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You mean like the stolen ID's found in the 9/11 investigation, most stolen from Saudi Arabia people that have nothing to do with terrorism!

Terrorist don't demand anything which seems awfully strange to me. Why would anyone risk life or limb for NOTHING. It seems that the only real outcome from these crimes is the build up of anti-muslum hatred for war and profit.

How in hell do these so called terrorist get rocket launchers through airport xray machines anyhow?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

You don't make demands when exacting "revenge".

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You mean like the stolen ID's found in the 9/11 investigation, most stolen from Saudi Arabia people that have nothing to do with terrorism!

Terrorist don't demand anything which seems awfully strange to me. Why would anyone risk life or limb for NOTHING. It seems that the only real outcome from these crimes is the build up of anti-muslum hatred for war and profit.

How in hell do these so called terrorist get rocket launchers through airport xray machines anyhow?

I think "they" would argue their religion and ideology is far from "nothing."

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

note the title of your own video.that was a ballistics test with hollow points the poster in the part you did not quote stated that FMJ or full metal jacket will go right through you where as Hollow points(HP or dum dums for our uk friends) will punch a nice fat hole like your video shows

the gunman probably assumed they would eventually be engaging police hence using FMJ as if the police like police everywhere wear bullet proof vest you will want those rounds to punch through the vest to get to the squishy insides where as if your shooting up people in general people tend to use hollow points to create massive dammage

so you kind of proved his original statement

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Revenge for what? I can imagine family members of the 1/2 million children killed on sanctions over non-existant wmd might take unkindly to west for killing their children but people don't care about cartoons to the point of killing people over them. Islam teaches tolerance and forbids murder of innocent people. The persons responsible for these atrocities do not follow the Koran.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

For the caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad. They felt insulted, they wanted revenge. It's not the first time: Link

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I am remaining open about this being a false flag after I viewed a viedo on Youtube that shows the policeman being shot in the head by an AK-47 at close range and no blood seems to come out and his head does not joit backwards as he gets hit.

Another ridiculous comment by a person who knows nothing of firearms and combat.

It's not like the movies.
edit on pThu, 08 Jan 2015 17:57:33 -060020158America/Chicago2015-01-08T17:57:33-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I will post what I posted in that person's ridiculous thread:

Let me explain how this works so this BS stops.

I've been in combat and have seen people shot in the face, head, and blown up.

When a bullet travelling at 2500 feet per second enters a negative pressure cavity, the pressure outside that cavity forces blood inward. When you shoot someone in the head it doesn't just spurt blood.

A bullet causes two types of wounds. A Temporary Wound Channel(initial entry into soft tissue) and a Permanent Wound Channel(usually a few inches where the bullet begins to lose most of its energy). The TWC will slam shut behind the bullet as the elastic tissue will try to return to its original shape. The PWC will remain open and the blood vessels, organs and arteries will fill it with blood. The PWC will build enough pressure to trickle, and sometimes steadily pour out of the TWC. If there is an exit wound this effect will take place in less time.

The Chest Cavity is a Negative pressure space. When someone is shot in the chest the Thoracic Wall is pierced and the pressure inside is overwhelmed by the air entering through the hole. That's why many people who suffer gunshot wounds to the chest tend to suffer from collapsing lungs.

Much the same happens when you hit the skull and create and channel by which the air pressure can force blood into the skull which, if it doesn't kill the person immediately, will result in brain swelling.

Lastly the skull is a very hard bone, especially in males over the age of 30. It is very likely that a bullet that hadn't even reached its full velocity by the time it hit the man's skull is still in there.

Long story short, gun shot aren't like the movies. When people are killed by a bullet through the brain they don't get thrown back. They collapse like a marionette. I'd show you some videos but that would violate T & C.
edit on pThu, 08 Jan 2015 18:22:40 -060020158America/Chicago2015-01-08T18:22:40-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

I have no doubt there are crazies in the world but there are also third parties that profit from seeing others blamed for terroist acts. Its very easy for agencies to fake terrorist act on others leaving behind discriminating evidence (ID's etc). The failed attempted Mexican Congress Bombing one month before 9/11 should at least warn people of the possibility that muslums are being setup for the slaughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join