It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am The Very Model Of A Singularitarian Immortalist Extropian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Yeah, advanced, body altering nanotechnology is so creepy to me its one I don't mind about keeping it suppressed. Seriously, good job PTB.

But on a lot of this stuff, like optimal health science that can make you live a really long time through balanced nutrients and so forth. Its seriously stuff where ordinary people should really sit down and do the research and the work and see where they can get - if nothing else just feeling great through right nutrients, Tai Chi, or whatever. Work out the devil in the details and get it out there.
edit on 17-1-2015 by tridentblue because: not all nano is creepy, fast computer chips ok

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

Yeah, advanced, body altering nanotechnology is so creepy to me its one I don't mind about keeping it suppressed. Seriously, good job PTB.

But on a lot of this stuff, like optimal health science that can make you live a really long time through balanced nutrients and so forth. Its seriously stuff where ordinary people should really sit down and do the research and the work and see where they can get - if nothing else just feeling great through right nutrients, Tai Chi, or whatever. Work out the devil in the details and get it out there.

Yeah thats fine for you, but what you want isnt for everyone, what might be right for some may not be right for all.

Just think if some dont want the USA to be a single country dont stop it form being one.

Or think if some dont like technology at all like the Omish dont stop the rest of us from having cell phones.

So the thought of limiting what others are capable of due to your own personal fears sounds unreasonable.

Just think if another country goes ahead with nanotech nanobots for thier public citizens, we would look like we were in the stone age in comparison. . . .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Dude, what we're talking about is the capacity to slip a mickey in someone's drink that slowly alters their DNA and turns them into a pig. That's body altering nanotech. At some point you just have to see the wisdom of keeping a lid on certain tech, and allowing research under controlled conditions. However anti-censorship you are, you probably don't want Al Qaeda to publish How to build a thermonuclear bomb in the kitchen of your mom, if the technology exists to actually do it. Not all suppressed tech is about greed or money.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue
Dude, what we're talking about is the capacity to slip a mickey in someone's drink that slowly alters their DNA and turns them into a pig. That's body altering nanotech. At some point you just have to see the wisdom of keeping a lid on certain tech, and allowing research under controlled conditions. However anti-censorship you are, you probably don't want Al Qaeda to publish How to build a thermonuclear bomb in the kitchen of your mom, if the technology exists to actually do it. Not all suppressed tech is about greed or money.

Like I said before supress yourself all you want but dont take others destiny or fate and decree that what you want needs to be for them too.

We all have different desires, not everyone wants what you want, I sure dont.

You believe you shouldnt have the power to guide your evolution and put it in someone elses hands, so you will always be what they want you to be, not what you want yourself to be.

Yes there are weapons that can be made with this technology, there are also countless beneficial and progressive perks to the technology.

So if you want to suppress someone suppress yourself, not others who want to move on to a greater and higher counsiousness.

As to governments dumbing down thier populace and suppressing science, the people can do little to stop it, however there may be some governments that dont want to dumb thier people down and arent with the program of complacency, and are on board with progressiveness for thier people, dont be mad when your people are reinventing the wheel, while others are creating the fabric of space time and creating new universes.
edit on 20-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Lolz this is a nice invention by Honda!

Biggest problem is that the helmet is a big space balls knockoff lol.

edit on 23-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Not a big fan of how transhumanism is dogged out in the movies, its always some creepy negative spin on future technologies.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My opinion is there will be no "singularity", as it's commonly conceived. Everybody today will be long dead when humans are able to live 200+ years average. There will be wars and all forms of disaster between now and then. Yet I do think one day something like the singularity will happen, but it'll not be as theatric and near. Ya, people might live 1000 years or more, or maybe we'll exist in a hybrid hive society whereby we're not afraid to die and do not have greed or pain, so 1000 or 20 year, we're happy.

What am I saying exactly? I'm saying the world will get better. We will, in one form or another, meet all our dreams. We'll explore to the ends of the universe in every possible way. However, it won't always be pretty. Many will die on the way to a better world, for many different reasons. One has to pin their hope not on selfish desires of the present, but on a more general far and distant future occupied by beings sharing some of our traits.

All of the great stories one can refer to are bedtime stories by comparison to the stories which will unfold in the near infinite time ahead.
edit on 27-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
My opinion is there will be no "singularity", as it's commonly conceived. Everybody today will be long dead when humans are able to live 200+ years average. There will be wars and all forms of disaster between now and then. Yet I do think one day something like the singularity will happen, but it'll not be as theatric and near. Ya, people might live 1000 years or more, or maybe we'll exist in a hybrid hive society whereby we're not afraid to die and do not have greed or pain, so 1000 or 20 year, we're happy.

What am I saying exactly? I'm saying the world will get better. We will, in one form or another, meet all our dreams. We'll explore to the ends of the universe in every possible way. However, it won't always be pretty. Many will die on the way to a better world, for many different reasons. One has to pin their hope not on selfish desires of the present, but on a more general far and distant future occupied by beings sharing some of our traits.

All of the great stories one can refer to are bedtime stories by comparison to the stories which will unfold in the near infinite time ahead.

Yes indeed you may be right on all points, and if we dont do it perhaps someone else will. . . .
If not in our time perhaps another time. . . .
If not in our universe then perhaps in another universe. . . .

It doesnt have to go one way or another, I think there are an infinate number of ways to reach a greater and higher counsiousness.

I would hope that we go the path of less suffering for all beings.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Cmon we can do it without shooting out eyes out, we can do anything we put our minds to!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The speed of exponential growth and moores law says we will get to a singularity however it doesnt state that it will be for everyone, it will most likely be a military singularity, meaning we may be in a full on Matrix type of reality scenario.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Form of the lord, GREASE of the BEAST!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Form of the lord, GREASE of the BEAST!!!!

Lol lets make heaven a place on earth FTW!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ok, but first...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Wow title sounded like word spaghetti, well done

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Wow title sounded like word spaghetti, well done

Here is some singularity news for everyone. . .
edit on 4-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Your reality tunnel is a bit too tight for my tastes. I think I'll try the one next door.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join