It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey’s pro-government trolls cheer Paris shooting, threaten local magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It just keeps getting better and better.
I get the feeling that 2015 is going to be a bloody year unfortunately.

Turkish pro-government social media trolls have welcomed a deadly attack on France's satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, some of them even saying that they want a similar one against local anti-government satirical magazines.

"We would not shed any tears for those who died in France, of course it is good that it happened. May them rest in Hell," a pro-government Twitter user, who has more than 121,000 followers, wrote shortly after the attack.

Nureddin Şirin, a journalist with Kudüs TV, said on his Twitter account that those who have the gut to attack Islam must face punishment wherever they're. Another pro-government social media troll, who goes by the name Esat ç. said an attack on a religion is a bigger terrorism than an armed attack. The account is believed to be controlled by Esat Burak Uzundere, whose photo with Bilal Erdoğan, son of the president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, was recently surfaced on the media.

Another account, Akkulis, who has 144,000 followers and believed to be from inside the ruling party, said the incident in France is a plot to attack Islam. "Those who kill and are killed are French. What is it to us?" he tweeted.

"I was not saddened by an attack on Charlie Hebdo. I will even not be saddened if terrorist Leman magazine in our country is attacked," Müslüman Gürses tweeted. Another user Fuat Acar wrote that he condemns Leman magazine for blackout of its pages to protest the attack in France and said "may you face the same."

www.todayszaman... .com/national_turkeys-pro-government-trolls-cheer-paris-shooting-threaten-local-magazine_369190.html

Buckle up people, if this is just the first week of 2015 I cant wait to see what horrors the rest of the year holds.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Erdogan is a nut case with capital letters...

This is not a surprise if you ask me.

I think you're right about 2015 as well.

7 days in... 7 stabbed to death in London...
Off topic I know, but evidence of a sh#ty year ahead imo.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So are the gloves off now? Are insults to humanity now out in the open, so the biggest bully wins? I can't imagine that it's good for a cause to look back at an incident (a free speech one at that) and years later come up with a terrorist response. It's almost as though the perpetrators are asking for an Armageddon.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think war is coming big time this year. I don't want that to come true but I have to look at all the animosity in the world and make my informed guess. It's almost daily now. Tensions are high everywhere. Battle lines are being drawn right before our eyes. The social media posts are sick if they are not propaganda. Okay, it's sick either way.

Everyone thinks we're destined to go to the stars. Our destiny is death, mayhem, and destruction. Sad really but what can you do.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I think 2015 might be the main show for hate and bloodshed unfortunately

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I see it more everyday as well. I really get disgusted with humans in general everyday and I feel like people are getting more self centered and hateful every year.

I fear empathy is becoming less common

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

So, it seems that 'sharia' is clearly on the rampage!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I think 2015 might be the main show for hate and bloodshed unfortunately

Yea, I know if I were the French president I would triple air strikes against ISIS. Unrelenting and blitheringly.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Turkey’s pro-government trolls cheer Paris shooting, threaten local magazine

Yesterday, the talking heads on TV said this would effect journalism worldwide ... that journalists everywhere would be terrorized by this and be too scared to print truth in the future. The threats against other news outlets are now coming out. The terrorists and their sympathizers are threatened by truth being told in the news.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join