It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(D) Reynolds Rap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.snopes.com...

From Snoops - Status: True

Ya' know, Hollywood doesn't even come up with stuff
this strange. It would be funny, if it weren't such a
sad statement about the human condition. This isn't
'new' News, but it's still interesting.

Excerpt -

Jessie Jackson has added former Chicago democratic congressman Mel Reynolds to the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll. Reynolds was among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute forgiveness spree. Reynolds received a commutation of his six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank fraud & lies to the Federal Election Commission. He is more notorious; however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage campaign volunteer.
This is a first in American politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate won clemency from a president who had sex with a subordinate, then was hired by a clergyman who had sex with a subordinate.

His new job? Youth counselor.

[edit on 12/14/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You're right - even Hollywood couldn't make up a sordid soap opera to compete with these guys. It belongs on Jerry Springer. Who was at one time Democratic Mayor of Cincinatti.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He is more notorious; however, for concurrently serving five years for sleeping with an underage campaign volunteer. His new job? Youth counselor.
[edit on 12/14/2004 by FlyersFan]

They are giving a sex offender a job as a youth counselor?

Is Rainbow/PUSH a tax exempt. charitable organization by any chance - that would just put the icing on the cake?

How does Jackson (with all the skeletons in his closet) manage to put the fear of god in people and get them to "donate" money to his organization? I think I read that NASCAR is now on his shakedown list.

B.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I think I read that NASCAR is now on his shakedown list.

I read that last year. From what I understand, at first NASCAR
laughed at him and stood strong against the shakedown. Later
I think they gave up some $$$.
I don't know where it
stands now, but YES, you are 100% correct about NASCAR
being a shakedown victim.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
How does Jackson (with all the skeletons in his closet) manage to put the fear of god in people and get them to "donate" money to his organization? I think I read that NASCAR is now on his shakedown list.

B.

He threatens them with a black boycott of their products. I don't think that is as effective anymore, since his influence on the black community is waning. Most companies would just rather pay him off and avoid the negative publicity of being associated with him.

new topics

top topics

join