It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NOT enough media coverage of White on Black hate crime.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think all lives matter

Why then do people screw up their lives so much then if they all matter. People own lives don't even matter to themselves...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I think all lives matter

Take it back!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This event was hardly a "bombing", may as well have been a firework going off, sheesh. Even here in the Springs, no-one really cares about it, many don't even know about it because it's pretty much a non-event.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think all lives matter

Unless they are White.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: interupt42

So true, not nearly enough. Blacks are under attack from all sides. For example look at this video from Seattle. Blacks are viciously attacked by whites. White men even beat a black woman brutally at 30 seconds in. Vicious, this racism must be stopped.

go to 30 seconds and also 1:50
www.youtube.com...

Damn, if that was me their would have been some thugs meeting their maker!

You awful racist!, how do you sleep at night? And what do you mean by thugs? All I saw were upstanding young freedom fighters.

What freedom where they fighting for when they knocked out that women? Knocked out a guy trying to break up a fight? You seriously have issue's if you think what those THUGS did was for a cause. FTR it wouldnt have mattered what color the THUGS where. ANyone that knocks out a women deserves to meet their maker. I think perhaps the racist is you!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

What freedom where they fighting for when they knocked out that women?

What difference does it make? All freedom matters! You don't know what offensive words she may have uttered. Ok, I can't carry on with that charade any longer.

Now that you're relaxed
, have you heard of sarcasm? After reading this post of yours I was going to direct you to hammanderr's first post but you already replied to it. Did you read it? Try that and see if you don't agree that he's being sarcastic. I think it's pretty obvious.
edit on 8-1-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: i spell like ideit

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think people really think that racism is gone. I thought it was. When you aren't racist, you're surrounded by people that aren't racist, you're raised to not be racist... racism isn't something you see in your insulated world.

It's not gone.

I will freely admit that I was naively ignorant.

I'm in my mid to late 30s. I'm a white girl, I've always dated white men. Not because of a preference, just because that's who was around me and it's who I fell in love with.

In my family, my circle of friends, colleagues... coming across an outspoken racist was incredibly rare. I think a lot of people that think racism is dead may have been lucky that way, also.

Several months ago, I found out the man I was with for 12 years had been cheating on me. For a long time. I left him and started meeting new people.

One of the people I met was a black man. He's intelligent, educated, kind, patient, works 60 hours a week. We started dating.

I never look at the people around me but I'm noticing things. Old ladies in the arboretum giving him a 'sour lemon' face, things like that. When before a policeman would glance up at a car I was in and glance away again, they now give the glare of death until we're out of sight. He drives a regular SUV, not flashy, no tinted windows or anything. He dresses in corporate casual. He's a very nice man.

It's not make believe, woe-is-me fantasy. Black people really are regarded by many as 2nd class citizens or trouble waiting to happen. He's never complained to me about it because it's been that way his whole life... he doesn't know any other way of being looked at.

Imagine spending your whole life being stared at with a glare of hatred penetrating your every step.

Racism is far from eradicated. Just because it's not in you or your circle of friends doesn't mean it's gone. It's a disease that's passed down from generation to generation, permeating families and communities.

Anyways, that's my story.

edit on 10-1-2015 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join