difference between masons and freemasons?

page: 1

join
gzu

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
ok. i like to read alot into illuminati, political conspiracies and anything else that has relevence to these subjects.

BUT... often i don't understand things due to my lack of knowladge in certain areas.

for instence. i have a vague idea of these but i need to know more.

What are the differences between Masons And FreeMasons?
Masonry And FreeMasonry??

can some one please shead some light my my question.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I don't think there is a difference. I think Mason is short for Free Mason and Masonry short for Free Masonry. If that isn't the case, I'm betting that the Masons were the first of the two, some members had a problem with the group having too many rules and decided to create the FREE Masons.

Just my thoughts, I'm not really sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Using the ATS Search function or perusing the Secret Societies forum you find this addressed several times. There is no "difference" between Masons and Freemasons, or Masonry and Freemasonry. The difference is whether it is operative or speculative in nature. Operative masons are the craftsman who construct edifices brick and stone… a construction worker if you will. A speculative Mason is a member of the world’s oldest fraternity, and who adheres to the Tenets taught allegorically within a legally constituted Lodge.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
I think Mason is short for Free Mason and Masonry short for Free Masonry.

I believe that is all there is to it. I hear a freemason/mason use both terms in the same context.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
"Masons" is a term which can mean Freemason or stone-mason. Freemasons, Freemasonry, etc. are terms which were developed when the Operative (stone) Masons began accepting "Speculative" or Free Masons...

Masonic Lodges were considered to originally be a sort of builders' guild. When the work began to dry up, they began admitting those who weren't builders...

At least that is one version of history...

gzu

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ok. phase two of questioning. lol

what ARE masons?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gzu
ok. phase two of questioning. lol

what ARE masons?

Just check out this forum, you'll get all the answers you need there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics
top topics

join