It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Irresponsible in what way?

I don't understand.

2 examples
1) we have alot of muslim members whose posts I enjoy, most of them are quite rational and engage in discussion even with religiously intolerant people like myself. How do you think they will feel telling friends and family they are part of a community that is represented as insulting their religion?
2) revenue which I have discussed in an above reply

I dont care that its Muslims, I would have posted the same if the Site was shown as a collective to be offending any large group, as individual members of the site we should be able to say and offend whoever we like but just dont feel it fits in with my idea of what ATS is about when the community is represented as doing so.

Nobody here is posting as INDIVIDUALS. Everybody is posting under user names and avatars.

My avatar and posts are representing MY INDIVIDUAL thoughts and feelings as is everyone else's, they are our anonymous mouth piece by which we deliver our INDIVIDUAL posts

I think it's awesome. ATS gives a collective finger to those who try to control others through violence and intimidation.

And what about the members of the community who dont wish to be used in such a way?
Many will misrepresent that Twit post as being indicative of the community as a whole and that is most definately not the case

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The evolution of the thread is troubling.

First it was pictures of the prophet, then it was cartoons of extremists. Seems to be moving toward a more relaxed approach of just smacking Islam in general.

It was a quick evolution too. Which was to be expected, actually. When a group has authority to disparage another, it will do so.

Classic Stanford Prison Experiment.

www.prisonexp.org...

link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: stosh64

Islam=time travel?

More like stuck in time.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

And what about the members of the community who dont wish to be used in such a way?

leave and don't come back, that's easy enough to do. stop your whining and show your disgust in a positive fashion.
i'm sure you'll not be missed.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This thread goes against everything I believe ATS should stand for.

My .02 cents.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

leave and don't come back, that's easy enough to do. stop your whining and show your disgust in a positive fashion.

Fine line between mocking and being intentionally offensive.

Also a fine line between being direct and being an asshole.

link   
a reply to: TheArrow

You see, that's the beauty of Freedom.

If you, or anyone else is offended or upset or angry with this thread, you are FREE to leave it, ignore it, argue about it.

Don't like it? Deal with it in what ever way you deem best. But if you want to kill me over it I wont be an easy, unarmed victim.

Embrace the FREEDOM

link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Hmmm, my way or the highway...you're either with us or against us; sounds a bit like the intolerant extremists this thread is meant to be denigrating.

On topic:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This thread goes against everything I believe ATS should stand for.

My .02 cents.

Could you elaborate on where exactly you believe ATS should stand on this particular subject?

Seriously curious.
edit on 7-1-2015 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Cough,Cough I remember this thread like it was yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thread closed

link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: TheArrow

You see, that's the beauty of Freedom.

That's an interesting use of the word beauty.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Humor vs hatred. One man vs an entire culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join