It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Verifiable "Superpower"/Ability?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey guys it has been a long time since I posted, but I wanted to get some help on a "super power"/ability I have developed.

I put "Superpower" in quotations because I dont really believe this ability to be as intensive as any super heroes (real or otherwise), but it would still be significant if it is verified.

And unlike hundreds/thousands of other "superpower" claims, I am proposing a way to verify it's validity, mainly so that I can start using it in significant ways.

The Ability: I can choose to experience how anyone feels about pretty much anything by recreating their emotional reality within my own mind, almost like a form of super empathy. Why is this ability significant? Well because all I need is a photograph of the person and they can be anywhere in the world and it still works. The ability is currently called Pancakes [an inside joke pending a new name].

Limitations: I can't learn specific information about the person (where they live, where they went to school, etc.) and also false questions dont work on it. (eg. asking how person A feels about Person B [who is a fake made up person], my mind simply fills in the blanks with other of the most relevant information). The ability works on the living and the dead alike but I can't tell whether someone is alive or not (which maybe gives a clue as to how it works). Also does not work while under the influence of Alcohol.

Effects: I experience the persons emotional reality intensely for about 1 minute then it dissipates and im back to normal. The sensations themselves go away but the memory of what took place stays so i can recall characteristic information about the persons make up.

Experience So Far: I have tested this method with a friend using pictures of varying people (mostly whom ive never met or dont know) with 95% accuracy. It is to the point that my friend now asks me for readings on people for his own personal knowledge and use.

Placebo: The first thought I had when developing this is that it was a type of placebo response that my mind just made up. But there are two reasons why I highly doubt this is the case
1. I have done tests on people I have never met/seen in my life that have proven to be accurate
2. The information I get from my readings much of the time is counter to what I was expecting to get

Details: So far I have developed 4 main types of readings
1. Pure Emotions
2. Mental Structuring
3. Salience (the experience of experiencing yourself)
4. Personal view of how the internal self effects the/their external world

Theoretically my readings should only be limited by the different perspectives and angles that im willing to try out.

Similar: Other types of abilities that it can be linked/compared to are:
- Physiognomy (although I feel this is a very limited pseudoscience)
- Collective Human Consciousness theories

My Thoughts: I believe that this is an ability that can be scientifically explained and that given enough effort anyone could learn to do it (dont look forward to me selling an ebook for $49.99, I'm not here to try and teach anyone or sell)

What I want from you: This is the first time I'm revealing this on a public forum. What I'm looking for is people who would be willing to help test this ability out with me. One way in which this could happen is by sending me pictures of people whom I have no way of knowing and asking me questions about them and then verifying whether I am right or not [the picture and questions should be sent through a pm or email as to not impede on anyones privacy]. I need to test this out with people I dont know (instead of a friend) to take away as much bias as possible from the test. Obviously this test will only work with people who will be genuine about the results, hopefully that is what transpires.

Email me at: [email protected]

What I offer in Return: In return if my ability is increasingly proven to be accurate I will do readings of people of interest for your consideration.

Upcoming: If my ability becomes more verified it would be cool if there was some discussion of how it could be used and the different ways in which it can be applied. Also a discussion of theories of how it may work on a mechanical/scientific level would be pretty interesting as well.
edit on 7-1-2015 by tankthinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can pass gas in a supermarket and cause people to gripe or move away for many aisles. Let's see someone top that.

Putting yourself into someone Else's shoes is a trait of wisdom, not really a super power.
edit on 7-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

In all fun, my gas will make them leave the store, consider yourself topped.

It's one thing to put yourself in someone elses shoes based on information that you have of them as a mother, father, fireman, student, suffering, in pleasure etc.

But all I need is a picture of their face and I can gather significant emotional and structural information about the person, with that person being anywhere in the world and me knowing nothing else about them nor having ever met them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tankthinker
Some of the well-known people I have done readings on for greater insight: Bruce Lee, Vladmir Putin, Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Benjamin Netanyahu, etc.

How do you know it is accurate?
Have you subsequently contacted these people to have it verified?

Perhaps it is just your own emotional response to the images, rather than tapping into some 'aetheric wooo'?

I think ricky's superpower trumps yours.

edit: Oh, I now see you have that power too....do you think maybe you have a bit of a need to be 'super'?

edit on 7-1-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can pass gas in a supermarket and cause people to gripe or move away for many aisles. Let's see someone top that.

Putting yourself into someone Else's shoes is a trait of wisdom, not really a super power.

I like to pop one off when I am alone in the aisle, right about in the center of the length of the aisle. Then I wait at the end for another shopper to come down the aisle and watch them make faces, or in some cases... make faces and retch a bit.

Ain't I a stinker?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
edit: double post

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Like I said if you read the whole post, I have tested it on people I dont know (i consider those the real tests) and have been highly accurate because of a friend who verifies the information. Those others are just some well known people I have read who I thought some people would be interested in.

I also address the my own emotional response in the Placebo section

who doesnt have a need to be super? So much of our society, technology and structure is a need to be more than what we are.

And again like I said im here to do tests to verify, not to claim that it actually is real, thats why I am doing experiments, thats why there is a question mark in the title.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I thought anyone can feel others feelings, not?
The difference is how much one can focus on it.
So forgotten it is that we share one feeling that it becomes a super ability between the mindless!

Feeling the room seems to work too. It's alive.

But you have my support. Making it special is necessary in the current problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: oneoneone
I thought anyone can feel others feelings, not?
The difference is how much one can focus on it.
So forgotten it is that we share one feeling that it becomes a super ability between the mindless!

Feeling the room seems to work too. It's alive.

But you have my support. Making it special is necessary in the current problem.

Not necessarily, psychopaths seem to have a highly diminished ability to empathize

Ok everyones proposition so far has been that this ability is something everyone can do and is not uncommon, so let me ask you this:

If I showed you a picture of a random person who lives on the other side of the world could you tell me concretely how they feel about their own sexuality? Or about their parents? or about their government?

if you can do this or know someone who can please be willing to verify it here because I have as of yet not met anyone

I am claiming that I believe I can do this but I need to verify it more, which is why I am here

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tankthinker

You said you have done readings on some well known people. Do you have contact with these people. If not how can you confirm it if you can't confirm it with the person. Anyways, sounds interesting, I'm willing to challenge you and try it out with a few people I personally know.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tankthinker
Hey guys it has been a long time since I posted, but I wanted to get some help on a "super power"/ability I have developed.

I put "Superpower" in quotations because I dont really believe this ability to be as intensive as any super heroes (real or otherwise), but it would still be significant if it is verified.

And unlike hundreds/thousands of other "superpower" claims, I am proposing a way to verify it's validity, mainly so that I can start using it in significant ways.

The Ability: I can choose to experience how anyone feels about pretty much anything by recreating their emotional reality within my own mind, almost like a form of super empathy. Why is this ability significant? Well because all I need is a photograph of the person and they can be anywhere in the world and it still works. The ability is currently called Pancakes [an inside joke pending a new name].

Limitations: I can't learn specific information about the person (where they live, where they went to school, etc.) and also false questions dont work on it. (eg. asking how person A feels about Person B [who is a fake made up person], my mind simply fills in the blanks with other of the most relevant information). The ability works on the living and the dead alike but I can't tell whether someone is alive or not (which maybe gives a clue as to how it works). Also does not work while under the influence of Alcohol.

Effects: I experience the persons emotional reality intensely for about 1 minute then it dissipates and im back to normal. The sensations themselves go away but the memory of what took place stays so i can recall characteristic information about the persons make up.

Experience So Far: I have tested this method with a friend using pictures of varying people (mostly whom ive never met or dont know) with 95% accuracy. It is to the point that my friend now asks me for readings on people for his own personal knowledge and use. Some of the well-known people I have done readings on for greater insight: Bruce Lee, Vladmir Putin, Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Benjamin Netanyahu, etc.

Placebo: The first thought I had when developing this is that it was a type of placebo response that my mind just made up. But there are two reasons why I highly doubt this is the case

1. I have done tests on people I have never met/seen in my life that have proven to be accurate

2. The information I get from my readings much of the time is counter to what I was expecting to get

Details: So far I have developed 4 main types of readings

1. Pure Emotions

2. Mental Structuring

3. Salience (the experience of experiencing yourself)

4. Personal view of how the internal self effects the/their external world

Theoretically my readings should only be limited by the different perspectives and angles that im willing to try out.

Similar: Other types of abilities that it can be linked/compared to are:

- Physiognomy (although I feel this is a very limited pseudoscience)

- Collective Human Consciousness theories

My Thoughts: I believe that this is an ability that can be scientifically explained and that given enough effort anyone could learn to do it (dont look forward to me selling an ebook for $49.99, I'm not here to try and teach anyone or sell)

What I want from you: This is the first time I'm revealing this on a public forum. What I'm looking for is people who would be willing to help test this ability out with me. One way in which this could happen is by sending me pictures of people whom I have no way of knowing and asking me questions about them and then verifying whether I am right or not [the picture and questions should be sent through a pm or email as to not impede on anyones privacy]. I need to test this out with people I dont know (instead of a friend) to take away as much bias as possible from the test. Obviously this test will only work with people who will be genuine about the results, hopefully that is what transpires.

What I offer in Return: In return if my ability is increasingly proven to be accurate I will do readings of people of interest for your consideration.

Upcoming: If my ability becomes more verified it would be cool if there was some discussion of how it could be used and the different ways in which it can be applied. Also a discussion of theories of how it may work on a mechanical/scientific level would be pretty interesting as well.
Sounds much like a empathic simulation, the brains a pretty epic piece of hardware/wetware and has the capacity to do a heck of a lot and running simulations mentally is common enough i think but to develop it to a trainable aspect as your planning then yes i'd say its definately possible and i say go for it, who knows just how far you can advance the simulations (you could always branch out into simulating real world applications and do something akin to predicting events)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Once I figure out how to send photos I would love to try this. Shame on technophobe me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3

You said you have done readings on some well known people. Do you have contact with these people. If not how can you confirm it if you can't confirm it with the person. Anyways, sounds interesting, I'm willing to challenge you and try it out with a few people I personally know.

This has been addressed, I only listed those people as a matter of interest, not as any sort of proof or evidence

the verifications I did with my friend where of people I didnt know but that he could verify

and thats great that your willing to try, email me at - [email protected]

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Akatsuki

Exactly what I was thinking

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So after you read Obama emotionally, you then proceeded to call him and ask how he was feeling emotionally to "prove" you were right? If people like you existed you would be on national news or in some scientists lab, not explaining your "power" to people on this website. Do you go to other websites and do the same thing? Do you have videos posted somewhere/anywhere with you exercising your ability and achieving proven results? I can sense people's emotions too, by looking at them, considering actions speak louder than words. But what is the point in looking at a picture of someone you don't know? I don't see how that could effectively turn the tides of war, end famine and hunger or prevent murders and rapes. You said your buddy uses you to verify feelings of people he knows, but for what purpose? If he KNOWS these people, he could simply interact with them in a social manner and discover it for himself. I don't believe any of this or believe you have any proof. Nothing I hate more than someone saying they have "proof" and there is no proof given. If you have time to type out an elaborate post, I would have rather you spent that time proving your super power.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
^(the 2 global news agencies sure would hide that for their owners, not like anyone would believe anything outside the normal)
(Ever wondered why there's the same weird emotional topic about something random on all channels and newspapers?)

There's a lot of data in the faces of people, so I would know chances of possibility and feel a most likely feeling.
However, I am inaccurate, as I have barely seen any humans in my life. I am good in extracting life data from what people have created. I wouldn't mind giving you answers to face pics.

If you ask specific questions like those you just did, I can give a % chance, if you like. No words can match reality either, so a lot of data is lost in expression.
Of course, their aura and feeling of the past affect how they look like as well and shapes how the people around them are. The aura is a part of the inaccurate word feeling.

Cut your necks feeling strings to the body or simply a leg off and you have less data about it, almost no feeling. Focus on a body places data and you feel what it feels.
What is a brain? An awareness of its surroundings, including the body. We are the surroundings, using them to feel and change, just like with the body, if we are aware of them.
Our brains are also the data of the other brains and their feelings and influence them.

Fancy however, how a brain gets more rewards (part of "feelings" besides the social energy centers connected to the brain) if it includes the outside, getting even more capability to feel and understand.

And now don't call those psychopaths who are not equal to the copied mass, just because they are able to combine more!

edit on 7-1-2015 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Will you give me a general interpretation on that person's feelings, or should I ask a specific question on how they feel on a certain topic or person? I'll send it to you in a few hours, thanks. Would you like me to post here on how accurate you are or reply back to you thru the email I'm sending?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
So after you read Obama emotionally, you then proceeded to call him and ask how he was feeling emotionally to "prove" you were right? If people like you existed you would be on national news or in some scientists lab, not explaining your "power" to people on this website. Do you go to other websites and do the same thing? Do you have videos posted somewhere/anywhere with you exercising your ability and achieving proven results? I can sense people's emotions too, by looking at them, considering actions speak louder than words. But what is the point in looking at a picture of someone you don't know? I don't see how that could effectively turn the tides of war, end famine and hunger or prevent murders and rapes. You said your buddy uses you to verify feelings of people he knows, but for what purpose? If he KNOWS these people, he could simply interact with them in a social manner and discover it for himself. I don't believe any of this or believe you have any proof. Nothing I hate more than someone saying they have "proof" and there is no proof given. If you have time to type out an elaborate post, I would have rather you spent that time proving your super power.

Ok i guess i will address this for the thousandth time, those well-known people I did readings on was just to let you know an example, not to claim proof or evidence

Also if people like me existed yes that would be true, but maybe im the first one or maybe others use it secretly, eventually I would like to use this ability in a greater capacity, but like I said I need more non-biased testing, I came to ATS for two reasons:

1. I would assume that this is a place of open minded people who would be willing to try it out
2. I dont have the funds to make an official study with real participants, im limited to friends (which holds a bias)

Let me ask you a question, did you read the whole original post?

No because if you did then you would understand that I am here to make an experiment to verify

"turn the tides of war, end famine and hunger or prevent murders and rapes."

I never claimed that thats what Im trying to do, so i dont know why you brought that up, but in terms of turning the tide of war, being able to understand and accurately speculate enemy generals and decision makers would be significantly useful.

Also our society is set up in a way that many of peoples true personal feelings are hidden or changed from others, people lie, cheat and steal

If you honestly believe that you can walk into a room and instantly know how everyone is feeling about everything in their life by the vibes you get off of them then please be willing to verify your claim, because even my ability i can only do one topic at a time and it takes time to go through each one.

And btw please show me where I claimed to have proof. Like I said for the hundredth time Im here to VERIFY. Not to claim truth, thats why I expressed that I need peoples help.

back on topic: There are some people whom I do readings on how they set up their Mental Structures and I experience a sort of blank compared to others, when I express this to my friend he laughs and says, "ya that person isnt too bright if you know what I mean."

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3

Will you give me a general interpretation on that person's feelings, or should I ask a specific question on how they feel on a certain topic or person? I'll send it to you in a few hours, thanks. Would you like me to post here on how accurate you are or reply back to you thru the email I'm sending?

I dont like doing general interpretations because they are pretty abstract, for example when I read a persons Salience I cant describe it in words even though I can feel it and understand it.

ask about specific stuff, it works easier for me, just stay away from questions that lean too much to real world information, example - Does this person have a dog and how do they feel about it?

I wont be able to tell if they have a dog, and also false questions wont work, example - How does this person feel about their dog? [when they actually dont have one]

my mind will fill in the blanks with something else probably how that person would feel about having a dog. This is something I tested.

As for where to post the results, you can post in both places, but I would like it in the email as well for my own personal records

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There's a lot of data in the faces of people, so I would know chances of possibility and feel a most likely feeling.
However, I am inaccurate, as I have barely seen any humans in my life. I am good in extracting life data from what people have created. I wouldn't mind giving you answers to face pics.

If you ask specific questions like those you just did, I can give a % chance, if you like. No words can match reality either, so a lot of data is lost in expression.
Of course, their aura and feeling of the past affect how they look like as well and shapes how the people around them are. The aura is a part of the inaccurate word feeling.

Cut your necks feeling strings to the body or simply a leg off and you have less data about it, almost no feeling. Focus on a body places data and you feel what it feels.
What is a brain? An awareness of its surroundings, including the body. We are the surroundings, using them to feel and change, just like with the body, if we are aware of them.
Our brains are also the data of the other brains and their feelings and influence them.

Fancy however, how a brain gets more rewards (part of "feelings" besides the social energy centers connected to the brain) if it includes the outside, getting even more capability to feel and understand.

And now don't call those psychopaths who are not equal to the copied mass, just because they are able to combine more!

in the words of Dr.Evil: "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight..."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join