It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demoted Catholic cardinal: ‘Radical feminists’ are to blame for pedophile priests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearPaul
Those at the top are all paedophiles.

They have to present themselves as good because... that's what evil does.

and your irrefutable proof/evidence to back you up is?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What a misguided matzaball of a cardinal he is...................the whole whack of the clergy are screwed up in some way or they wouldnt be clergy......

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That's so hilarious. "Our society made me want to # innocent kids". Mostly people into this kind of stuff are just looking for victims. They blame feminists because it made woman realise they have rights and can fight back. Ahh it must have been awesome to be priest back in the days, when women still thought they had to obey and shut up...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This guy is giving sour grapes to his church now that he has been marginalized. To say that something other than a sickness in the Catholic Church which has finally found the light of day - a centuries long institutional cover-up of one of the worse abuses young children can experience - borders on insanity and dwells in ignorance.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I had a few catholic friends when I was a kid but I've never been to one of their services and don't really know much about what they believe
I have been to pentecostal churches, methodist churches, and protestant churches though and I think I know a little about the jewish tradition. I've also read the king james bible through several times.

I have a few questions here.
how old are you first? would you know if they had changed their teachings since the 1960's?

you say that in the catholic church women are exalted?

when did they exalt them??
in the jewish tradition we find saying like: "Let the Torah be burned, but let not it be taught to a women!!"
and well long ago women weren't even encouraged to go to the religious services and if they did chose to go they were confined to the balcony where they couldn't hear much. it was kind of left to the men to chose what should be passed on down to the women. But at least the male children were taught at an early age how to read the torah

and well it seems that somewhere from the beginning of the christian religion and the rise of the Catholic Church well it went from there to having it so that most of the people not even able to read the Torah and most of the mass was spoken in a language they didn't understand! And I really don't see any evidence that women were exalted sorry maybe I missed it.

But, like I said I've been to many churches and well have found myself quickly facing the same roadblock.
The sermon starts out with the words "Women are obey their husbands in all things." and ya it goes on to say that men should love their wives as themselves and such but still I have never hear them preach about what one should do when the man isn't so loving or when he demands she do things that would cause her, her children, or even himself harm. And well I don't go to any church anymore since I have learned that blind obedience just isn't healthy for our relationship and more than likely isn't for most! And well when you consider that in most of the US not long ago it was pretty much legal to beat your wife (there is actually a tv evangelist who kind of gave me the impression in the past couple of years that he thinks it should still be legal!) I have to say I don't believe that putting them in such a subordinate position is exalting them in any way! I got a feeling that women were the first slaves of mankind and well regardless of how flowery one paints it a pampered slave is still just a slave.
But I am open to hearing your explanation!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
*Whew*

What a relief to know that pedophilia within the Catholic Church can be blamed on cultural issues!

Silly me, I always thought it had something to do with ignoring the mandate from God to "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth...", and instead replacing it with "Serve God fully by never ever getting married, no matter how horny you are."

I believe that celibacy can be considered a blessing to those who truly feel they are called to it, someone who legitimately has little or no sexual desire. It should have never been a mandate though. The truth is that the majority of people do not feel that way. Paul had some wise words when he said "But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yes, men are the victims of women... LOL

A bit generalized maybe?

Radical feminists have done tremendous damage within the Church - particularly to men - husbands, fathers, clergy, boys, single young men.

Generally speaking, you and the Cardinal are correct.

The church didn't need women/feminists to ruin it. Science did it for you.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Some people do not want to see the passing of a way of life that never should have existed (the institution of slavery), or a way of life with a power or market structure beneficial to them. They cannot see that the old way of life was not good for some people around them. Narratives about “the other” and excuses for themselves are used to defend the old ways.

Cardinal Burke laments the Catholic Church’s honest move forward at Vatican 2, set in a time when cultures were changing to a new way of life that wanted to slough off exclusivity, supremacism, and unjustness, to transform humanity for the better in its relationship to itself and to The Divine.

Burke’s way of life does not include gender equality (at the best, it is “separate but equal“, refusing to integrate for a fuller [Wholier?], better Church), and in a patriarchal church structure, feminism is the cultural scapegoat, the devil behind the priestly pedophile.

I cried when I saw Pink Smoke Over the Vatican. How dare men deny/thwart women in their call from God? How dare men defy/thwart God!!

Jesus acknowledged that humans would always find ways to act unjustly, thus his message to everyone who would listen was to transform themselves by acting out of love for themselves and the other, ultimately in action with The Divine. The pedophile priests acted selfishly, harming the most innocent, and there is no excuse, Cardinal Burke, for their actions.

edit on 8-1-2015 by desert because: punct

edit on 8-1-2015 by desert because: gram

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join