It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demoted Catholic cardinal: ‘Radical feminists’ are to blame for pedophile priests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
It would help if one read the actual words of the Cardinal rather than an author's interpretation of his words.

Here's a Transcript

I think there has been a great confusion with regard to the specific vocation of men in marriage and of men in general in the Church during the past 50 years or so. It’s due to a number of factors, but the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalized.

Yes, men are the victims of women... LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yes, men are the victims of women... LOL

A bit generalized maybe?

Radical feminists have done tremendous damage within the Church - particularly to men - husbands, fathers, clergy, boys, single young men.

Generally speaking, you and the Cardinal are correct.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Yeah, those poor Catholic men that can't get their radical feminized wives to quite their jobs, stop using birth control and make sandwiches!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I concur - men and women would be far happier and have a much greater chance at experiencing a life of true freedom and fulfillment if they followed the teachings of the Church.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow. How about never taking personal responsibility.

That woman over there that wanted to be treated fairly, ruined my life and is ruining my religion. LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry but a priest takes a vow of celibacy to becomes a priest! so how does feminism prompt him to go after kids exactly? and well someone already pointed out that it was going on before feminism became redicalized (whatever that means)
and well he's saying the last 50 years so I guess he is talking about all they've changes since the 60's
oh for shame women desired to be in the workforce and wanted equal pay!! she should have just stayed home! even when hubby couldn't earn enough and the kids were starving!

if this guy is upset about anything it's probably that abortion has limited the choices of kids at his disposal!

edit on 7-1-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Radical feminists have done tremendous damage within the Church - particularly to men - husbands, fathers, clergy, boys, single young men.

Don't you just hate it when an oppressed group stands up and demands to be treated equally?

I don't know about "radical feminists", but if an organization that, for centuries, has been totally run by men starts talking about how they're the victims of women, I have to laugh...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I concur - men and women would be far happier and have a much greater chance at experiencing a life of true freedom and fulfillment if they followed the teachings of the Church.

Not this woman! LOL! I'd rather have control over my life than follow the teachings of ANYONE.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Don't you just hate it when an oppressed group stands up and demands to be treated equally?

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but men and women are not equal.

They are distinct, different and wonderfully complimentary.

But equal - no.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

They are distinct, different and wonderfully complimentary.

But equal - no.

LOL Wait!

I hate to break it to you, but men and Women are Equal! In every single way, except perhaps size and strength.

I'll even add that, sure there are some differences, that do make men and women distinct and wonderfully complimentary but...they are still equal in every way....most every way...but equal in all the ways that matter. When we say that women are not equal to men...it tends to create bias against women in the workplace and leadership roles.

Women are equal to men in engineering, cooking, fishing, hunting, poetry, writing, art, metal working, programming, IT Support, management, leadership, supervising, teaching, mentoring, piloting, training, fabricating, designing, photography, parenting, driving, sewing, medical professions, being doctors, surgeons, scientists, rocket scientists, astronauts, police officers, drill sergeants, musicians, painters, cleaners, janitors, card dealers, CEOs, CFOS...pretty much everything. Even writing religous boos, being preists and running churches!

edit on 7-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
and so the man is the king of his castle and the women should just bow down and obey his every command!!

different does not mean not equal!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Can you read? I said TREATED equally.

Women and men are different (duh!), but they should be treated equally and one group should not oppress the other.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What ever happened it is mans will...not gods that made sex a sin. Trust me...the guys who wrote what your reading did not like that better men could get their women.

Its just the truth. live in ancient mans world if you like.

Intelligence retarded evolution. It messed evolution up. Once ugly weak men realized they could not get premium A$$ they decided to make rules...
edit on 7-1-2015 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and so the man is the king of his castle and the women should just bow down and obey his every command!!

different does not mean not equal!

Hardly - it is the Catholic understanding that the man is the generic - it is the woman that is elevated.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Women and men are different (duh!), but they should be treated equally and one group should not oppress the other.

It is impossible to treat equally what is not, and never will be equal.

Ironically (or sadly, not) logic and reason were thrown out of classical education about the same time the feminists turned their backs on their God-given gifts and flocked to the magic little pill.

Women and men are by their very natures, distinctly different creatures. These differences impact much more than what kind of underwear you put on in the morning.

Oh shoot, feminists eschewed underw....nevermind.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ironically (or sadly, not) logic and reason were thrown out of classical education about the same time the feminists turned their backs on their God-given gifts and flocked to the magic little pill.

Women and men are by their very natures, distinctly different creatures. These differences impact much more than what kind of underwear you put on in the morning.

But what do you think, they aren't equal in? I need specifics.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The age of consent in the Vatican is 12.
No prizes for guessing who proposed that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just because my reproductive organs are on the outside instead of the inside doesn't mean I can't make dinner, wash cloths, clean house, do the grocery shopping, etc for my fiancee. We are a team and everything is equal.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Why don't you just admit it? You want women to be subservient to men; infact property with men as the lord and master.

Making all the decisions; a totally old testament Biblical approach to sexuality and the family. Good luck with that....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DMFL1133

We are a team...

Yes!

originally posted by: DMFL1133

...and everything is equal.

And no.

This notion (promoted vehemently and relentlessly by the feminists, BTW) that men and women are as interchangable as lightbulbs has gotten us into a lot of trouble.

There are lies, and there are damn lies, and this is one of the damn lies.

Fact: Your wife simply cannot do what you can do.

Another Fact: You, no matter how much you may want to, and no matter how hard you may try, cannot do what your wife can do.

I was asked for a list of the differences - it is a telling sign of the damage the feminists have wrought that it was asked.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join