It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demoted Catholic cardinal: ‘Radical feminists’ are to blame for pedophile priests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

A controversial conservative Catholic cardinal said in an interview that the forces of “radical feminism” have brought the once-mighty church to its knees, led to a “fluffy,” feminized view of sexuality and made way for generations of pedophile priests.

When I read this my head almost exploded. I think I can see the psychotic reasoning for that dumbass statement. It's a shame personal responsibility is completely ignored; Taken right from the conservatives playbook of always pointing fingers and placing blame; ignoring the real cause.

Burke has used his position in the Catholic hierarchy to harangue Democrats and endorse radical Republican politics, an ideological orientation that has been increasingly at odds with the new Pope’s more pluralistic church.

Now Burke is lashing out at what he sees as an over-feminized church that has “marginalized men.”

If anyone needs to be "marginalized" it's you Burke and your misogynistic ideologies. The Pope was correct to kick you to the curb.

edit on 7-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's a shame personal responsibility is completely ignored.

At least Pope Francis is trying...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Can't they make a little emoticon of a guy scratching his head in confused disbelief?
edit on 7-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's a shame personal responsibility is completely ignored.

It's religion. External locus of control is the whole point isn't it?

+3 more 
link   

“I think there has been a great confusion with regard to the specific vocation of men in marriage and of men in general in the Church during the past 50 years or so,” Burke told The New Emangelism (TNE) in an interview published Monday. “It’s due to a number of factors, but the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalized.”

The hell? Pedophilia in the church has existed since before the 60's... How can something that arose 50 years ago cause something that has been going on for hundreds of years? This priest is an asshole and should be defrocked immediately.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Not too fond at all of either group-but these priests make the CHOICE to molest kids.

All of the blame rests in the laps of the priests.(literally)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Can't they make a little emoticon of a guy scratching his head in confused disbelief?

Will this work.....?.....

or perhaps.....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Children have been raped and murdered (and still are) by all forms of religion since the beginning of recorded history.

And the religion has always been used as the excuse-"I'm doing god's work" "Only god can judge me",etc.,etc.....

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What do women have to do with having sex with children?

As a priest I thought that women were off the menu anyways.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wait wait wait....conservatives are the ones that point fingers and place blame? And liberals don't do that? Seriously?!?

Wow....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
When we live in a culture where blame is valued over personal responsibility, and being a victim is rewarded, do you expect anything less?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
When we live in a culture where blame is valued over personal responsibility, and being a victim is rewarded, do you expect anything less?

How exactly do you reward a sexually abused child.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh brother, this guy is an embarrassment, nothing less. Of course why not blame women for problems of the men. After all, it was foolish trusting mothers who allowed their children to serve as altar boys, entrusting them to the care of the priests.

Here's another little gem from the source article:

In the end, he said, “We have to be very clear with men about purity, chastity, modesty and even the way men dress and present themselves. Men’s behaviors and dress matter, for it affects how they relate to the world and it affects the culture. Men need to dress and act like men in a way that is respectful to themselves, to women and to children.”

In his own time at the Vatican, Burke was called to account by his superiors for his lavish taste in ceremonial robes, donning a $20,000 jeweled hat for one prayer service and a cape with an elaborate 20-foot train that cost more than $30,000 for another.

I wish I had a picture of that! Wait, there is one -here- So much for the vow of poverty, huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just more proof that belief in religion is probably a mental illness.

Blaming others for your own lack of personal responsibility is so childish and is never an acceptable defense.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Oh my! Here's him in that cape with an elaborate 20-foot train that cost more than $30,000!

HAHA! Talk about a a “fluffy,” feminized view!

edit on 7-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Lots of ignorance in this thread.

It would help if one read the actual words of the Cardinal rather than an author's interpretation of his words.

The quotes at the beginning of this thread were simply not stated.

Period.

BTW, Roman Catholic priests do not take vows of poverty.

Smarten up people, you make yourselves look silly.

And petty.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: aboutface

Oh my! Here's him in that cape with an elaborate 20-foot train that cost more than $30,000!

HAHA! Talk about a a “fluffy,” feminized view!

LOL!

Yeah, he isn`t looking to manly prancing around in that "outfit", is he?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The atrocities that they are willing to commit in the name of imaginary beings never ceases to astound me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Oh brother, this guy is an embarrassment, nothing less. Of course why not blame women for problems of the men. After all, it was foolish trusting mothers who allowed their children to serve as altar boys, entrusting them to the care of the priests.

Here's another little gem from the source article:

In the end, he said, “We have to be very clear with men about purity, chastity, modesty and even the way men dress and present themselves. Men’s behaviors and dress matter, for it affects how they relate to the world and it affects the culture. Men need to dress and act like men in a way that is respectful to themselves, to women and to children.”

In his own time at the Vatican, Burke was called to account by his superiors for his lavish taste in ceremonial robes, donning a $20,000 jeweled hat for one prayer service and a cape with an elaborate 20-foot train that cost more than $30,000 for another.

I wish I had a picture of that! Wait, there is one -here- So much for the vow of poverty, huh?

So he's the Liberace of the Vatican. Perhaps he's in the closet and instead of living his truth hes blaming women. Or hes just a royal douch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join