It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the selfies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You always look the same!

So unless you actually physically change every two minutes, documenting yourselves throughout the day just doesn't make any sense.

Are you just showing off?

Do you go upto strangers in the street to tell them at how buff and ripped you look? thought not, same should apply to social media.

The one eyed selfie

Taking pictures of just one side of your face showing just one eye, all Illuminati looking, just

I bet you would love you passport photos to follow suit wouldn't you!

Well tough!

Stop posting selfies and then saying you look horrible. Clearly you think you look good enough to let everyone see. And if you think you look good enough then screw what anyone else thinks.

I think you're actually encouraging people to judge you! Remember that!

Stop pouting those lips in photos too, you look like this:

That goes to males and females by the way.

I've seen some shocking selfies in the past, even at funerals?? I mean c'mon your passed away grandma is in the background of your selfie!!!

If you want to carry on with the obsessive compulsive selfie syndrome, then maybe one a day could suffice?

How about a selfie when you've just saved your own life from a plane crash?

That's how a selfie should be, unoriginal!.

Needed that off my chest, as you were ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld
I just wish this was the worst thing we have to deal with as a society.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Depends how you look at it really.

I don't indulge in every single bit of news though, only what interests me, or not as this rant shows.

Other people are paid to worry about society, not me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What really irritates me is the excessive posting of selfies with their tongues sticking out.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm 100% with you on this , really grinds my gears.
My other half wants me to get her a selfie stick

Wtf is a selfie stick? Who the hell needs a stick to take a picture

Turn the cameras around people, and take some pics of the world for a change

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I feel your rage and anger. It infuriates me!

What's even worse then the selfie (if anything can be) is when people take a picture of the plate of food they are about to eat. And, its not even food they prepared.

Look at me, look at me! I'm at a restaurant and I ordered a cheeseburger! Then they add that its "amazing". Really, you are 'amazed' by a burger? Really? A burger fills you with wonderment? You are astonished by that? UUUUuuuuuggggghhhhh and AAAaaaaaarrrrggg!!!

But, a star and flag for you OP!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

I should of added this to my rant, maybe i'll save it for another rant one day.
And there was me thinking it was only the UK people doing it, taking pictures of their dinner before and after it's eaten... I mean c'mon why would anyone want to see empty dinner plates with probably their saliva all over it ffs!

Also if they find a Coca Cola bottle with their name it it, first thought is to upload and show everyone, like it's a Wolly Wonka ticket ffs

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was in Amsterdam sitting in a cafe eating with a friend, she proceeded to extend her arm with her phone in hand to the chin of the person at the next table. I was afronted and felt the need to explain (in my strong accent) to a foreigner that she was taking a selfie. To my amazement he gestures 'its ok'... i would have felt the need to drop her phone in my drink had it of been me. I laugh about it now but at the time no, she says "im a tourist, im living this # up" so fair play.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Sadder still would be people who ARE interested when they see other's selfies and food pics. Could you imagine the person who actually looks at the picture of their friends food and cares?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Sadder still would be people who ARE interested when they see other's selfies and food pics.

That would be me.

I love people's food pics because they give me so many ideas for cooking, especially from my fitness-obsessed friends and all the good, healthy meals they share.

One of my workout partners posts her breakfast every morning. While this should get annoying after a while, it is actually nice and I copy her frequently.

I enjoy looking at others' selfies, too, but with one caveat... They MUST change things up. I have one friend who literally posts the same dang selfie every 1-3 days. Same hair style, same make up, same pouty face, same background of her in the car going to work.

Um... OK? lol I don't understand that at all. She is very beautiful, though, so maybe it's just that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Miley Cyrus posted selfie of her bloody nose.

WTH? Too much sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The first step towards demolishing this m.s.m-created idiocy is to refuse to use the word they used to create the trend into motion. The word sounds so juvenile and Aussie even: like "cozzie", "foodie", or "cunny" or "dunny".

The word itself is designed for the ear of a pre-adolescent. Hence the behaviour that follows the expression.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

... no words can describe my feelings about it

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I dunno why but this thread makes me laugh.

My (now ex) boss caught me in a selfie when we were doing a Palmer House ghost hunt...
(This is at the bar next door to the place lol)

I just had to share it cause of the hat!

edit on 7-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time.

All things have led to this.

Wars? Plagues? TPTB?

ALL OF IT designed to funnel society into the digital camera age, so that we might willingly begin to steal our own souls with "selfies".

Cameras are like hugs, get the # away from me with that #.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I just wish this was the worst thing we have to deal with as a society.

It's a symptom.... of whats causing the worst things we have to deal with as a society.

Lots of personal recognition with no personal responsibility.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What about a phelfie?

Hehe... Jk

I agree selfies are annoying. I'm glad I'm not on fb or instagroo or tweeter twit or snappychitters, or whatever else there is to see all the selfies...

When I was working as a magicians assistant over holiday I saw a group of teens taking a selfie where we do the illusion show and I jumped behind them to get in the photo

So that's what I wanna do now whenever I see someone or a group taking a selfie.. Jump behind them and be in the photo too!!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Well you raise another issue regarding this narcissistic, oversharing - taking pics.....then tagging.

I am going to come to blows over this. Insane ass relatives snapping pics, posting to FB immediately and tagging everyone - without permission.

There's just no privacy anymore.

edit on 1/8/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

See I'm so glad I don't have fb. I just have no need for it. I understand why some people have one, for their family and what not, but all my family lives near so I just see no point.

And if I jump in someone else's pic, they don't know who I am but a sly slick cat..

It did scare me over holiday that family was taking my pic then posting it on fb.. Can I still be tagged even though I don't have an account? See I just don't know. I'm going through something where I wasn't allowed to post anything to social media and it made me nervous family was so I asked them not to and no one did.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In the summer this year while on holiday i was in the pool and these 2 girls were taking lots of poolside duck face photos. I made it into just about every pic i think and wore the stupidest face possible in each. My misses could see what i was doing and was in hysterics on her lounger. We still have a giggle about it and plan on making it tradition a reply to: natalia

phelphie phteven lol

<<   2 >>

join