It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow....talk about a spin on the topic....seriously? Paris terror attack: Journalism is under fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
I need to get the book on how to brainwash people into doing what I want. I mean there's 1000's of cases!

No, millions. Dare I say billions.

Its not hard, you give them something to believe in. Something "righteous". The more "righteous" the better. Then you tell them their version of "righteousness" is better than the enemies and you have your own army of brainwashed slaves.
Its worked throughout history, and I have no doubt it will keep working for centuries to come. If humans are anything, its creatures of habit.
edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmWed, 07 Jan 2015 17:22:11 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

I'm glad you talked me down. I can't stand these kinds of stories anymore. Every single day it's a new one. Sorry for getting upset but I do believe what I type except without all the typo's.

Typonese as a second language was a big help.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Prophets or profits of doom?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'm glad you talked me down. I can't stand these kinds of stories anymore. Every single day it's a new one. Sorry for getting upset but I do believe what I type except without all the typo's.

Typonese as a second language was a big help.

Yes, I agree. Every day its another one of these stories. Which is when you know you are being propagandized.
Or at least should get your bs meter peaked.
I also find that if a story is appealing to my emotional response rather than a logical one, its usually propaganda with an agenda. Im also guilty at times, like I said we are all susceptible to emotional responses if the right buttons are pressed. The key is to be able to spot when its happening so you can ignore it. Or at least register it.
As for your thoughts on execution, thats a hot potato, and you are entitled to your opinion. This is exactly the freedom of expression I would fight and die for your right to have.
I would happily pay for a murderer to rot away in prison, haunted daily by his crimes and loss of liberty, rather than see them get a quick ticket away from punishment, and it also provides a get out for the people that get set up, or wrongly convicted if they later get real justice and released.
As for an eye for an eye, heres a very hypothetical question....

Lets say your child is kidnapped and raped by a paedophile, but is found safely afterwards, does that give you the right to go and rape the paedophiles own child?
Or does that give the state the right to rape the paedophiles child?

My point is you dont become a killer to serve justice for murder. Then you become guilty of the very crime you are prosecuting against. Hypocrisy much?
And my single most powerful argument against prisoner execution is the fact that many people convicted of crimes are 100% innocent.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Prophets or profits of doom?

That simple question is very powerful.

Its prophets being used for the profit in doom.

Ordo Ab Chao.
edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmWed, 07 Jan 2015 17:59:25 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And there is the most relevant definition of ''sheeple''.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I noticed on the news thismoning it gave a lot heads of state to make a noise about the freedom of the press. I would not be supprised to learn it was organsied uncle sam of via our friends from Isrxxxxx.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I noticed on the news thismoning it gave a lot heads of state to make a noise about the freedom of the press.

Interesting point.
They decry freedom of the press and freedom of expression while locking people up for making comments on twitter.
But then when did hypocrisy ever stop a politician from anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join