It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Jamie1

a reply to: Jamie1

I sympathise with the protesters.

I take my hat off to them for doing something to change what they're not happy with, instead of complaining and going with the flow.

Yes, idiocy is given equal weight in today's environment.

Not happy?

Awesome.

It's somebody else's fault.

Whose?

Doesn't matter.

Just go out and force your will on random strangers trying to support their families take care of people in hospitals.

Not sure why you would support moronic behavior. Would you support them coming to your home and protesting you?

I would probably join them. I don't consider their actions as moronic, they drew public and media attention which was the whole point.

People like you resent anyone else from trying to do what they feel they need to do in an attempt to make things better for themselves and others in the same situation as them. But you don't like it nor care because it's inconvenient for you and you're alright Jack, aren't you?

Protesting where they are 'allowed' to protest just gets ignored by everyone too busy with their lives to care, and so nothing changes for them. Protesting where they are not allowed has got them attention from all those uninterested busy people and the media. If nothing else, they have succeeded in drawing attention to their protest which probably wouldn't have happened in an 'allowed' location, and others who were not previously aware of their grievance are now aware, but it took a brief inconvenience in busy lives to achieve this.

Tell me, if you and your community were living in a some situation that none of you are happy with and that nobody else gave a stuff about, and no-one listened, no matter how loud or how long you all protest in an 'allowed' location - would you all just accept your lot? Would you go back to continue what you're unhappy with? That would be what I'd see as 'moronic behaviour'. Or would your push your protest that little bit further in order to be heard like these people have?

If people weren't ignored in the first place they wouldn't feel they need to protest their grievances.

So basically, if I feel my cause is important enough, I can disrupt your life and infringe upon your rights with impunity?

Good grief, exaggerating much?

They didn't disrupt anyone's 'life', they haven't physically hurt anyone, all they did is cause a mere inconvenience for around an hour. Big deal.

And anyway, why should they listen to you when no-one will listen to them? Why do you expect them consider your life and work to be more important than theirs?

That's very condescending of you--to belittle their concerns as a "minor inconvenience." Who are you or they to judge what is "minor" for someone else? The people in the video had lives to live and responsibilities to uphold--responsibility something alien to the agitators of course. Typical of the entitlement minded left--that they and their cause is the most important thing in the world and damned everyone else.

It does not matter of one is inconvenienced greatly nor slightly--I do not have the right to infringe upon your rights just because I want to.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

They're not protestors, they're terrorists.

Slow down there.

I think obstructing a road is wrong no argument from me

But lest not go down the route of labeling people terrorists and diluting the word. That leads down a dark path. One of more government encroachment and spying.

They were a public nuisance and should have been dispersed by the police or arrested and fined if they refused but lets not put them into the same category as people that fly planes in buildings, bomb trains and shoot up buildings.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They're not protestors, they're terrorists.

Slow down there.

I think obstructing a road is wrong no argument from me

But lest not go down the route of labeling people terrorists and diluting the word. That leads down a dark path. One of more government encroachment and spying.

They were a public nuisance and should have been dispersed by the police or arrested and fined if they refused but lets not put them into the same category as people that fly planes in buildings, bomb trains and shoot up buildings.

yes, to obi wan you listen (said to jamie1, since your post is spot on)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes that's all well and very interesting. But it doesn't change the fact the American public have also been given fundamental rights by the founding fathers in the constitution that the modern day government are in direct violation of. Well the american public just sit by and let it happen, just as long as there still allowed to keep high powered semi automatic weapons under there beds.

The Bill of Rights is the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution. Proposed to assuage the fears of Anti-Federalists who had opposed Constitutional ratification, these amendments guarantee a number of personal freedoms, limit the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and reserve some powers to the states and the public

Source

Just remember,

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

The 1st amendment gives the American citizen the right to peacefully assemble anywhere they please to protest against the government.

You are wrong about the "anywhere you please bit." The Constitution does not say that. One cannot "peacefully assemble" on private property without permission, for example, because the citizen who owns that property has rights too.

Well yeah, I should have probably specified I meant anywhere on public property. Obviously protesting on private property violates the right of the owner.

But holding up a freeway for a few hours does not violate anyone's right to travel. Since there not actually stopping them, there simply creating an extra obstacle. I doubt anyone could seriously argue that roadworks or a car accident violates your rights.

Anyway, isn't civil disobedience the whole point of protesting? People can be hostile about it and say they should just protest somewhere the government gives them permission to, in a place they won't bother anyone (like the compliant little pawns they should be). But you can't really deny the fact that it defeats the whole purpose and has no impact on government policy.

You'd probably need a crowd of protesters 100 thousand strong in several cities, to even get the federal governments attention. Or a few thousand people can just kick up a storm and get the governments full attention that way.

Like in Ferguson, they got world wide news coverage resulting in there perceived issues being discussed and debated for weeks by millions of people. Yet if the community of Ferguson had of just marched down the main street a few time after getting all the necessary permits, then it would have probably been lucky to get 15 seconds air time on the local news.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

Roadwork is a necessary part of maintaining the road so that people can travel. Getting out of the car and stopping people from going about their business is not.

Stopping traffic on a highway during rush hour most certainly IS a violation of one's right to travel. Those citizens had just as much right to peacefully go about their business as the protestors had to protest. The protestors thought their right to protest superseded the rights of their fellow citizens and did so without disregard for those citizen's rights.

"Just another obstacle?" LOL. I'd imagine if the motorists simply kept on driving both you and the protestors would have a problem with that and would not hesitate to call the evil police to get them arrested for assault with their vehicles.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus maybe a little Kent State justice

murder, you mean? kent state was anything but justice. i guess ' i disagree with them, shoot them ' is some modern definition of equal rights i'm unfamiliar with.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

and joe the protestor breaks his leg on the barracade, has to call an ambulance but it can't get to him because of the traffic jam joe is causing, and so joe sues the ambulance service for malpractice and high fives it with his communist buddies at the water cooler in the harvard lawyers lounge.

p.s. joe the protestor is a fictitious entity and any resemblance to real people is completely coincidental.
edit on 8-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ONE single act of consciousness, and this amazing turn of unexpected events that followed.

Oh my am I ever a blubbering mess.

Thank you OP

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: doobydoll

well since you didn't respond at all, to my lenghty post on the subject, i'm safe to assume you want this problem to escalate, not be resolved. you, sir puppy, are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this situation!

You assumed wrong, as assumptions usually are. Whilst you were busy with your assumption, I was in the process of responding to others. My apologies for not dropping everything and standing to attention for just you.

wouldn't the powers that be crap their collective pants if we all just suddenly stood in solidarity with the inner city blacks, not on the subject of out of control cops as the sole objective for solutions (cause obviously there needs to be solutions for most social ills), but just because we care about them, as human beings and our fellow countrymen and WOMEN? they are being taught that their american compatriots hate them! this is simply not true. we should prove it isn't true, like in a massive way, in one big voice, to be heard around the world.

My opinion is that we are all being taught to hate each other and to be concerned only about our own individual selves. The problem with that is society is a collection of individuals, and all have to consider each other and work together for a society to work properly, for the benefit of everybody. Society isn't about the individual.

The problem is that most people nowdays want to just look after themselves and to hell with others if they don't like it, yet most of these types probably wouldn't survive if they were cut loose from society and were left to their individual selves. They don't seem to get it that the quality of their individual lives is a result of everyone's effort in society.

Just start by teaching everyone that without each other, without a society, all our individual quality of life will deteriorate.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

can't start that far back on the path, because contrary to what you've been told, the people in the burbs and rural parts of the country, have been just as embroiled with helping and interested in, the welfare of those who are suffering. the problem is, the system is designed to keep them in that state and any attempts to rescue them have been met with ground level campaigns to reject all such help. this is quite deliberate and exceedingly malicious. and it's also abusing anyone with the heart to help, and it's escalating in severity.

NO ONE is going to believe that the cause of the protestors is righteous if the protestors think that what we have already done as a nation to try to solve these problems, even in spite of every attempt being stonewalled at the street level, is not good enough. it's never good enough. well, that's cause, just like with stalin, the ukraine bound trains with the food from well wishers, are being stopped at the borders.

i ain't stupid. neither are the rest of the people who have been paying attention.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
How stupid can people be? Doctors , nurses firemans and other people was probably in that traffic trying to get to work. Lives could of been lost , for each person that died that day , while the people were in that traffic , they all should be punished for that in some way , not a night in jail and some BS ticket. I hate people like them , if you want to fight it shouldnt be on someone elses cost.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The simple truth is that evil triumphs when" good" men do nothing....
And Americans have sat on their hands so damnably long that they don't know what to do or who their friends really are any more....
Your love of money and worship of power has corrupted the very fabric of half the worlds societies....and all of your own...
When the virtually helpless fight back with something that delays annoys or disrupts your pursuit of the phoney values
and rewards the bosses hand out you get pissy.....

Then the moaning starts about how your suffering from such protests...(which are initiated on your behalf as well.....)
if protests continue to fail the oppressed............ then sooner or later ...it will be IEDs....

Which do you prefer?
Civil disobedience or IEDS?....a missed hour of work or bloody revolution?
The government is counting on all you selfish citizens...........without the likes of you this whole #mess could have been straightened out by now..........

You have it bang on the nail.

Too many people who live just for today and just for themselves, only their lives matter, they refuse to look further than the end of their beaks, and this blinkered 'i'm alright Jack so you better not rock my boat' way of life doesn't work in a society that needs some balance to function properly, or it all caves in eventually.

So give into demands or face IED's. Hmm. Sounds like extortion to me. More Brownshirt tactics.

OR, you could listen and compromise instead of blatantly ignoring them, which just adds to their frustration and anger.

How would you get others' attention if you were being ignored?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What exactly DO YOU have against freedom and justice?
Truth be known , its idiot sissy people who do nothing but complain about the inconvenience that protest causes them....
Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are similarly blind to the creeping Nazi state which is revealing itself to the unassuming public in America.....
Time to get off your collective whiny asses and change your government back to democratic republicanism.....founded upon the constitution....
I find the attitude of most of you straight people to be petty,selfish, cowardly, AND UNNACCEPTABLE TO A FREE PEOPLE......
You will get the government you DESERVE SOON ENOUGH...............

Will see , it will be like punching youreself , cause this what they did was risky. Dont risk people live to change the goverment , thats Crazy

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

OR, you could listen and compromise instead of blatantly ignoring them, which just adds to their frustration and anger.

no one is ignoring them, for cripes sakes. they won't allow the actual friends of the people being so abused, in the door. they got the whole thing tied up like a nice revolutionary war christmas package
edit on 8-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And Americans have sat on their hands so damnably long that they don't know what to do or who their friends really are any more....
Your love of money and worship of power has corrupted the very fabric of half the worlds societies....and all of your own...
When the virtually helpless fight back with something that delays annoys or disrupts your pursuit of the phoney values

Then the moaning starts about how your suffering from such protests...(which are initiated on your behalf as well.....)
if protests continue to fail the oppressed............ then sooner or later ...it will be IEDs....

Which do you prefer?
The government is counting on all you selfish citizens...........without the likes of you this whole #mess could have been straightened out by now..........

Too many people who live just for today and just for themselves, only their lives matter, they refuse to look further than the end of their beaks, and this blinkered 'i'm alright Jack so you better not rock my boat' way of life doesn't work in a society that needs some balance to function properly, or it all caves in eventually.

So give into demands or face IED's. Hmm. Sounds like extortion to me. More Brownshirt tactics.

Why should I listen to extortionists, especially the spoiled college kids in the video? Just because someone thinks they are "oppressed" (and honestly those people in the video did not look oppressed at all to me) does not mean they are actually oppressed and their petulant demands do not deserve a listen especially as they don't give a rat's ass about my rights while complaining about their rights. Respect is a two way street.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I take my hat off to them for doing something to change what they're not happy with, instead of complaining and going with the flow.

Not happy?

Awesome.

Whose?

Doesn't matter.

Just go out and force your will on random strangers trying to support their families take care of people in hospitals.

Not sure why you would support moronic behavior. Would you support them coming to your home and protesting you?

I would probably join them. I don't consider their actions as moronic, they drew public and media attention which was the whole point.

People like you resent anyone else from trying to do what they feel they need to do in an attempt to make things better for themselves and others in the same situation as them. But you don't like it nor care because it's inconvenient for you and you're alright Jack, aren't you?

Protesting where they are 'allowed' to protest just gets ignored by everyone too busy with their lives to care, and so nothing changes for them. Protesting where they are not allowed has got them attention from all those uninterested busy people and the media. If nothing else, they have succeeded in drawing attention to their protest which probably wouldn't have happened in an 'allowed' location, and others who were not previously aware of their grievance are now aware, but it took a brief inconvenience in busy lives to achieve this.

Tell me, if you and your community were living in a some situation that none of you are happy with and that nobody else gave a stuff about, and no-one listened, no matter how loud or how long you all protest in an 'allowed' location - would you all just accept your lot? Would you go back to continue what you're unhappy with? That would be what I'd see as 'moronic behaviour'. Or would your push your protest that little bit further in order to be heard like these people have?

If people weren't ignored in the first place they wouldn't feel they need to protest their grievances.

So basically, if I feel my cause is important enough, I can disrupt your life and infringe upon your rights with impunity?

Yep. How else would you successfully get my attention?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

'They drew the WRONG attension.

Not necessarily true.

By gaining media attention they have no doubt brought awareness not only to those whom oppose them, but also many more who will empathise with them.

Like you say, it's not rocket science.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm far less likely to be part of any cause that initially caught my attention by frustrating the bejeezus out of me.

Imagine that someone walks up to you, slaps the metaphorical sandwich out of your hand, and starts yelling in your face about some cause he's passionate about.

Would you be inclined to listen to him?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

'They drew the WRONG attension.

Not necessarily true.

By gaining media attention they have no doubt brought awareness not only to those whom oppose them, but also many more who will empathise with them.

Like you say, it's not rocket science.

oh yes it is science. saul alinsky comes to mind

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Not happy?

Awesome.

Whose?

Doesn't matter.

Yep. How else would you successfully get my attention?

Apparently walk in your front door with a bullhorn and shout at you in your living room or block your car in your driveway so you can't go to work (assuming you do work.)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Which do you prefer?

Why should I listen to extortionists, especially the spoiled college kids in the video? Just because someone thinks they are "oppressed" (and honestly those people in the video did not look oppressed at all to me) does not mean they are actually oppressed and their petulant demands do not deserve a listen especially as they don't give a rat's ass about my rights while complaining about their rights. Respect is a two way street.

They were protesting to draw attention to whatever their issues are.

I've asked repeatedly in this thread what anyone would do if they want to spread awareness to certain issues to an uninterested society - no response, just more complaining and demanding that citizens must protest quietly and unnoticed and in in a way that draws no attention from a single soul, and achieves nothing. It's comical.

I don't care what their issues are, I neither agree nor disagree with the details, but I will always defend anyone's right to peacefully protest, which is what happened here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join