It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

They murder more innocent people in my city every than we lose troops in the middle east.

That is just one city.

I'm not Rain Man when it comes to math,but it tells me what the real problem in the U.S. is.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

At this point-only a dictator would be able to "solve" the problem.

Or we can continue into complete anarchy.

I vote somewhere in between.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Let me put it this way.

If Bush or Obama would announce a new initiative to put the entire country under 24/7/365 video surveillance, they would be accused of creating a police state. In fact, that's what the whole NSA listening in on cell phone calls is all about.

So the dumbass protestors who are against a police state, advocate for 24/7/365 video surveillance by the police. Not ON the police. By the police.

Thought police.

Doublespeak.

"We must STOP the police state! So please video and record all our movements!!"

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: jaws1975

They murder more innocent people in my city every than we lose troops in the middle east.

That is just one city.

I'm not Rain Man when it comes to math,but it tells me what the real problem in the U.S. is.

I truly hope you come back and fix all the typos because I really want to know what this is supposed to mean...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: stirling

What exactly DO YOU have against freedom and justice?
Truth be known , its idiot sissy people who do nothing but complain about the inconvenience that protest causes them....
Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are similarly blind to the creeping Nazi state which is revealing itself to the unassuming public in America.....
Time to get off your collective whiny asses and change your government back to democratic republicanism.....founded upon the constitution....
I find the attitude of most of you straight people to be petty,selfish, cowardly, AND UNNACCEPTABLE TO A FREE PEOPLE......
You will get the government you DESERVE SOON ENOUGH...............

Nonsense. Those protesters want MORE government, not less, and many are sponsored by Marxist organizations.

I suppose you have a pipeline to the minds of all the protestors thoughts do you?................
Thought not.....then perhaps speak to what you do know......
I believe these people may be misguided in some ways....even agitated by professionals at times....
But at least they care....
The ones who already "have" DONT GIVE A # About those who don't...(.mostly the middle class and upwards)....
and are content to piss and moan, but never actually do ANYTHING, about the greater good.....
"Im alright Jack so # you.....

The man in the video was trying to do the right thing--go to work to support his family without waiting for a handout. He had a job. He had responsibilities. The agitators who were blocking him didn't have to be at work. They don't have jobs--or agitating IS their job.

Speak to the facts and what you do know.....
The people who protested were also trying to do the RIGHT THING.....figure it out....

Blocking the street and keeping law abiding citizens from going to work, to hospital, to pick up or drop off kids, or school is not "doing the right thing" and is the tactic of intimidation just like the Brownshirts of prewar Germany who were also convinced that they were "doing the right thing."

geez.....anyone heard of turning your car or truck around and going down an alternative route?....you know, like if public works were repaving the street, the exact same thing that happens in thousands of places across the US each year.......c'mon, a little critical-thinking skills are badly needed on ATS

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Maybe this has nothing to do with the ethics of protesting and is more about why a person would feel the need to be so paranoid about losing there job because of circumstances that are no fault of there own. You couldn't even (lawfully) get a formal warning for that over here.

It is the very definition of ironic though, that citizens of the (apparent) 'land of the free' would find a argument to demoralize peoples born right to peaceful protest.

First, it's not a "peaceful protest" if you're doing something illegal.

Illegal!?! The first amendment specifically gives the right for citizens to peacefully assemble for the purpose to peacefully protest. So technically speaking, the only thing illegal is any law that denies this right.

But I suppose that's why this so called 'constitution' has proved it self so flawed. You can't protest without asking the police first, the NSA is watching every move you make. But at least you've got your guns, yeah?.......... Just saying.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
a reply to: Jamie1

I sympathise with the protesters.

I take my hat off to them for doing something to change what they're not happy with, instead of complaining and going with the flow.

Yes, idiocy is given equal weight in today's environment.

Not happy?

Awesome.

It's somebody else's fault.

Whose?

Doesn't matter.

Just go out and force your will on random strangers trying to support their families take care of people in hospitals.

Not sure why you would support moronic behavior. Would you support them coming to your home and protesting you?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Truth be known , its idiot sissy people who do nothing but complain about the inconvenience that protest causes them....
Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are similarly blind to the creeping Nazi state which is revealing itself to the unassuming public in America.....
Time to get off your collective whiny asses and change your government back to democratic republicanism.....founded upon the constitution....
I find the attitude of most of you straight people to be petty,selfish, cowardly, AND UNNACCEPTABLE TO A FREE PEOPLE......

Nonsense. Those protesters want MORE government, not less, and many are sponsored by Marxist organizations.

I suppose you have a pipeline to the minds of all the protestors thoughts do you?................
I believe these people may be misguided in some ways....even agitated by professionals at times....
The ones who already "have" DONT GIVE A # About those who don't...(.mostly the middle class and upwards)....
and are content to piss and moan, but never actually do ANYTHING, about the greater good.....

The man in the video was trying to do the right thing--go to work to support his family without waiting for a handout. He had a job. He had responsibilities. The agitators who were blocking him didn't have to be at work. They don't have jobs--or agitating IS their job.

The people who protested were also trying to do the RIGHT THING.....figure it out....

Blocking the street and keeping law abiding citizens from going to work, to hospital, to pick up or drop off kids, or school is not "doing the right thing" and is the tactic of intimidation just like the Brownshirts of prewar Germany who were also convinced that they were "doing the right thing."

geez.....anyone heard of turning your car or truck around and going down an alternative route?....you know, like if public works were repaving the street, the exact same thing that happens in thousands of places across the US each year.......c'mon, a little critical-thinking skills are badly needed on ATS

I wouldn't recommend turning your car around on the freeway.

If you're somewhere else and hear about it, then you have the opportunity to make choices.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The road that was blocked was I-5. They blocked it just before the next exit. Those who could get off and take another route did, several miles back.

Maybe you should begin this call for critical thinking by exemplifying some.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Maybe this has nothing to do with the ethics of protesting and is more about why a person would feel the need to be so paranoid about losing there job because of circumstances that are no fault of there own. You couldn't even (lawfully) get a formal warning for that over here.

It is the very definition of ironic though, that citizens of the (apparent) 'land of the free' would find a argument to demoralize peoples born right to peaceful protest.

Illegal!?! The first amendment specifically gives the right for citizens to peacefully assemble for the purpose to peacefully protest. So technically speaking, the only thing illegal is any law that denies this right.

But I suppose that's why this so called 'constitution' has proved it self so flawed. You can't protest without asking the police first, the NSA is watching every move you make. But at least you've got your guns, yeah?.......... Just saying.

This is a joke, right?

You really think the 1st Amendment gives people the right to protest in the middle of a highway? Or to prevent others from getting to work?

How about in your kitchen?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Didn't need to watch the video to know whose side you're on, right jimmy?

This protest/illegal impediment of travel took place on a divided freeway. Of course this was a deliberate choice, becuase the goal was not simply to protest. The goal was disruption and destruction.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Critical thinking skills: kind of hard to turn your car around and drive through the trees to go back the other direction. Oh, go the wrong way back to an off ramp? That's safe. And legal.

If public works is repaving a street, don't they usually mark it as such? Put up signs? Have flag men? Or leave one lane open so people can get by?

The irony of complaining about a lack of critical thinking skills here mystifies me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The first amendment gives you the right to assemble. It says nothing about protesting.

Furthermore, it is subject to the time place manner test. In a nutshell: your right to assembly isn't carte blanche to shut down a freeway.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Now it makes more sense. You're welcome

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Man, I mean no offense but when it comes to liberty your opinions reek of brainwashed modern Progressivism. I know from other threads that you are a young guy. You seem smart enough. Keep learning and try to question your own beliefs as often as you question those of others. There is still hope for you, grasshopper.

The beauty of the US Constitution is not immediately understood. This is because human nature is not easily understood. Almost every problem America faces today -- including the rise of the surveillance state -- is the result of a failure to uphold the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That's the sad sorry truth to it all.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

This is a joke, right?

You really think the 1st Amendment gives people the right to protest in the middle of a highway? Or to prevent others from getting to work?

Oh, it's no joke. I think needing permission as to when and where a group decides to protest, is in direct conflict with the first amendment right to "peacefully assemble".

But like I originally said, as long as they don't take the guns off you, then most Americans seem more than happy to let the government violate there constitutional rights.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Your rights end where mine begin.

You do not have a right to disrupt my daily business to simply make your point, especially when I have no part in your grievance to begin with. You say you care about all the little people? Well it is the little people who are being made to suffer through your protest.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

This is a joke, right?

Oh, it's no joke. I think needing permission as to when and where a group decides to protest, is in direct conflict with the first amendment right to "peacefully assemble".

But like I originally said, as long as they don't take the guns off you, then most Americans seem more than happy to let the government violate there constitutional rights.

You should probably bone up on what the first amendment actually means before entering into a debate about it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What it boils down to for me is that people don't want change because it hurts their pocket book. I am guilty as well.

I am going to vote conservative this coming election. Not because they are picking fights, supporting Israel and failing to protect our lakes... I am voting conservative because I like my pocket book and I want to like it more next year.

My compliance is for sale. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Lots of armchair warriors in this thread.

Have any of you ever gotten off your lazy ass and done anything against many of the worlds injustices or do you just criticize the actions of others?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join