It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I feel for the guy trying to get to work.
Had it been me I'd have kept driving, slowly maybe but honking all the way.
If people are stupid enough to throw themselves under my car it's not my fault.
Idiots.

THE IDIOTS ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING TO PROTECT THEIR INALIENABLE RIGHTS FROM BEING ALIENATED FROM THEM.....
Coming from a Mod I guess we know what side your opine will fall on......its typical of the personality type.....

How would me violating your right to travel protect my rights in any way?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
five kids to feedyoutu.be...
edit on 7-1-2015 by bkfd54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure the right to free speech or the right to peaceably assemble includes blocking traffic. I'm not saying there's not an issue with police violence.

What if that group instead spent time helping the community to educate children with the hope they can eventually restore the family unit and stop the cycle of poverty and reliance on the government. Seems like a better use of time and resources.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I sympathise with the protesters.

I take my hat off to them for doing something to change what they're not happy with, instead of complaining and going with the flow.

I said months ago that society doesn't have to take government and corporate sh!t lying down and that the only way to get business and gov to take notice is a national strike, grind the nation to a halt. Hardship will be inflicted on many in a battle of wills, but most of us are living below the breadline anyway and having to claim claiming in-work benefits, we can tighten our belts a bit further, we're experts at it.

The gov and companies will hurt instantly, they have so much at stake and too much to lose by letting a strike drag on for long and if they want to remain viable they'll have to open up negotiations or go under. And they won't want to go under just for the sake of giving up a tiny portion of their profits in wage increases. Gov would benefit too, from the extra income taxes and by not having to pay in-work benefits.

Waiting for gov and bosses to increase wages out of a sense of fairness is never going to happen, as we see is the case currently. So what can a democratic society do when its gov won't listen and/or bosses too? The only option is to withhold our labour in protest and that is our right.

I'm expecting to see more of this, the apathetic are becoming active, the long-ignored are becoming louder and angrier, gov and company bosses/corps will do well to recognise the signs.

JMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Selective responsible society.

Seems to be determined by what doorstep you're currently standing on.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Nonsense. Those protesters want MORE government, not less, and many are sponsored by Marxist organizations.

EXACTLY! The protestors only actionable item they could come up with was requiring all police in the U.S. to wear cameras for 24/7/365 recorded surveillance.

That's because their goal is to end the police state.

DUH????
what exactly do you wish to imply? Police state good protestors bad????

Hey Stirling, are you seeing any sort of pattern here???

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

I sympathise with the protesters.

I take my hat off to them for doing something to change what they're not happy with, instead of complaining and going with the flow.

I said months ago that society doesn't have to take government and corporate sh!t lying down and that the only way to get business and gov to take notice is a national strike, grind the nation to a halt. Hardship will be inflicted on many in a battle of wills, but most of us are living below the breadline anyway and having to claim claiming in-work benefits, we can tighten our belts a bit further, we're experts at it.

The gov and companies will hurt instantly, they have so much at stake and too much to lose by letting a strike drag on for long and if they want to remain viable they'll have to open up negotiations or go under. And they won't want to go under just for the sake of giving up a tiny portion of their profits in wage increases. Gov would benefit too, from the extra income taxes and by not having to pay in-work benefits.

Waiting for gov and bosses to increase wages out of a sense of fairness is never going to happen, as we see is the case currently. So what can a democratic society do when its gov won't listen and/or bosses too? The only option is to withhold our labour in protest and that is our right.

I'm expecting to see more of this, the apathetic are becoming active, the long-ignored are becoming louder and angrier, gov and company bosses/corps will do well to recognise the signs.

JMO.

Yes, together we will bring the Zionist bankers and their corporate lackeys to their knees!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Maybe this has nothing to do with the ethics of protesting and is more about why a person would feel the need to be so paranoid about losing there job because of circumstances that are no fault of there own. You couldn't even (lawfully) get a formal warning for that over here.

It is the very definition of ironic though, that citizens of the (apparent) 'land of the free' would find a argument to demoralize peoples born right to peaceful protest.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Maybe this has nothing to do with the ethics of protesting and is more about why a person would feel the need to be so paranoid about losing there job because of circumstances that are no fault of there own. You couldn't even (lawfully) get a formal warning for that over here.

It is the very definition of ironic though, that citizens of the (apparent) 'land of the free' would find a argument to demoralize peoples born right to peaceful protest.

Probably because blocking traffic is not a peaceful protest and the rights of one person need to not conflict with the rights of another person. One's right to protest does not give one carte blanche to violate another person's right to travel or own property or do business. "Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose."

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

student protesters

That says it all right there, they are students they know nothing about the real world or working or justice.

Due process was served, the grand jury has spoken, they are no longer protesters they are domestic terrorist and should be treated as such.
Their beef is no longer about what happened but about our system of due process which they obviously disagree with and want to tear down,that makes them terrorist.
Their right to peaceably assemble ends when they start trampling on other peoples rights.

maybe a little Kent State justice is what`s needed to deal with these domestic terrorist?
edit on 7-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So if someone was laying in a care facility suffering or in the extreme died because a healthcare worker was prevented from getting to their their job it's all cool because ...you know...protest and stuff. yay

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

First, it's not a "peaceful protest" if you're doing something illegal. That should be readily obvious to anyone putting forth a little thought effort.

Secondly, this most likely has nothing to do with paranoia of losing a job as much as having a good work ethic and wanting to provide for his family without being impeded by a bunch of idiots protesting on behalf of some jackass who felt it necessary to assault a police officer in such a way that it resulted in his death. Maybe his desire to provide for his family should, by all accounts, trump the illegal protest blocking traffic on the highway--a highway that, most likely, has laws against non-emergency foot traffic being on it.

Your definition of ironic does not seem to fit the actual definition of the word.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Speak to the facts and what you do know.....
The people who protested were also trying to do the RIGHT THING.....figure it out....Coming from a Mod I guess we know what side your opine will fall on......its typical of the personality type.....

It may have been the right thing to do but it was certainly
In the wrong place.
There's a word for what they were doing - incongruous.

Everybody knows what a Nazi mod I am.
Befitting my personality, of course.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Are you serious? I don't agree with blocking a freeway, but labeling them terrorists is a little much and calling for them to be murdered is downright evil. You were be sarcastic right?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So, basically, a bunch of you are saying this man should have been totally cool with losing his job and not being able to feed, house and clothe his family so these protesters could get all down with the struggle for ONE DAY?

Nope, not right.

The protesters have plenty of avenues of sending their message without taking it out on other people who aren't even involved.

This is like the poor lady in Ferguson who had scrimped and saved for years to open her own cake shop business ... just to see the Ferguson protesters burn it down shortly after she opened it. Should she have been all down with their struggle so much that she was more than happy to see her lifelong dream destroyed? Thankfully, some very generous folks created a donations page for her and gave her more than enough of a stake to start over because the talkers picked up on her plight after seeing the video of her being attacked, but there were others I'm sure.

Did the protesters have a right to destroy those people to make their point, and should those people have simply been happy to take it?
edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by jaws1975 because: my phone is trippin!

link   
What insensitive jackasses the protesters are. Just because THEY don't have a job to go to, and CAN sit on the road all day disrupting people GOING to work doesn't mean they SHOULD. That's a one way ticket to "F your cause, brah."

Seriously, F these people. They're going to have to try a whole hell of a lot harder to prove they actually have a cause for me to believe them anymore.

link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

One day even their liberal sympathizers will stop feeling sorry for them-and see that their own situation is their own fault.

We have had multiple incidents of groups of more than 40 MIDDLE and HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS blocking streets/entrances to stores/our zoo-and attacking every white person they saw.

I have to add that this is becoming common-and the mayor's response is to try the old midnight basketball nonsense that has been tried before,but they just start killing and robbing people there.

At this point-only a dictator would be able to "solve" the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join