It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I got six kids to feed and you are going to get me fired'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: Jamie1

I choose many different vantage points in any view, there are always two sides to every story, I also know how to play devils advocate, but the truth is, you see things from your own experiences as all people do, no matter how much they think they can pry themselves from those molds.

I just can't find myself getting so emotional about one cause, I never really respond much to these protestor threads, but I kept seeing your popping up with such passion and it was an irresistible target for my own folly and to get at least one more side of out, but if you don't see the set up, and that protestors in the middle of the highway the only thing we have to be worried about, then maybe you do not fear big brother, the police state, but you fear protesters or someone that is merely attempting to not draw attention themselves as individuals, but the deeper issues that will be brought to bear that might become a problem for all people regardless of color.

it's been a problem for a very long time. you just didn't get that message for some reason. i realize that as an intellectual, you have to be discerning how much data you let into your brainspace, but good grief, make some room in there for the rest of the people before expecting them all to somehow, by osmosis, rise to meet every threat to people you resemble.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

They spell it out for you...

Coppertop.

adam=red. what was in that clay, anyway?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep
Ha! Ya. While this stuff may have its point. Ultimately its also the thing which keeps them trapped, and its why all these big corps and groups can get away with anything. In the end nobody will fight for anybody, and everybody will do there job, if there lucky to have a job. And either way it just leads to nowhere.

So ya! Some people got killed by cops, the guy that got shot was pretty much a punk from what I hear anyways. And there protesting in the wrong place and area. But in a different circumstance, when something real goes down and if this actually mattered. Everybody is just doing there jobs and got kids to feed. Either way humanity is a doomed cause in all probabilities. The best thing is ignore it till it all goes away. Or at least that is the only way anybody can keep sane in this world, that and being blissfully ignorant.

But really they should have protested elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
You and every single person on this planet.

But not seriously, this whole thing is not even worth looking or bothering with. They should have done there little protest somewhere else, and that would be that.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yeah they should have stayed within the free speech areas right?
Tell it to Ghandi....by the way he stopped the train so must also be a terrorist right ??
You people need help for your cool aid addictions....
NavyDoc you work for the biggest terror organisation going so hypocite much? maybe

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Yeah they should have stayed within the free speech areas right?
Tell it to Ghandi....by the way he stopped the train so must also be a terrorist right ??
You people need help for your cool aid addictions....
NavyDoc you work for the biggest terror organisation going so hypocite much? maybe

there are lots of places that would've been more appropriate. first of all, if everyone who had a grievance about anything, just erected barracades and didn't let other people have free movement, people would start dying from totally preventative causes - like pregnancies, heart attacks, and so on. it's totally ridiculous to hold random people on the road, responsible for what a grand jury does .

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Get real!
Bloody revolution was the founding fathers plan.....these protests are a far cry from their desires when writing the constitution.....
Americans have been turned into pussies by their education system...making them more dependant on government propaganda to do their thinking for them.....
Truth be known their government has been corporate owned lock stock and barrel for decades now....
There is no freedom in America because there are so few free thinkers anymore...............................

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

okay, here's a really simple concept:

i step on your toe.
and to get back at me,
you erect a barracade on your street and step on other people's toes.

this makes sense how?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Which one has cost more to the livelihood of millions of American's and killed many business in this country under the Freedom of Speech clause?

Protesters practicing Freedom of Speech or Lobbyists practicing Freedom of Speech?

Lobbyists have destroyed thousands of business in this country.

Why are we not up in arms over them?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So basically what some people are saying in this thread is that all forms of Freedom of Speech like protesting on the street should be banned when it causes economic harm to others.

Using that logic, all lobbyists need to be booted out of the government because their policies are doing 100X the damage these protesters are doing.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: SubTruth

This happens almost every generation, we just haven't had quite a dosage of fed up since the 70's really, Occupy tried, but honestly I saw no protesters when Paulson got on stage to announce we were going over the cliff the first time and the big banks that were too big to fail got the bailouts, the welfare, the money and many good intentioned individuals were left hold the bag, when the bottom fell out.

This is something I see time and time again where there are people saying it is up to the poorer class to protest.
And why is that?

Because the wealthy purchase the government they want.

They have no need for protests anymore now that bribery has been legalized and are people just in the way.

You will never see Bankers and Executives protesting on the streets.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
So basically what some people are saying in this thread is that all forms of Freedom of Speech like protesting on the street should be banned when it causes economic harm to others.

Using that logic, all lobbyists need to be booted out of the government because their policies are doing 100X the damage these protesters are doing.

anytime your protest requires you to hurt people who have nothing to do with your actual protest, you are on the wrong foot and sure to make the problem into an even bigger problem, which doesn't solve anything. it instead, divides.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

anytime your protest requires you to hurt people who have nothing to do with your actual protest, you are on the wrong foot and sure to make the problem into an even bigger problem, which doesn't solve anything. it instead, divides.

It is Freedom of Speech and how it is done and who it harms is your beef, correct?
Then we need to start banning lots of different avenues people use under the Freedom of Speech clause that do cause harm to millions of people.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

well i'm not going to argue against that premise, primarily because i'm not terribly familar with lobbyists, and not sure how that works under freedom of speech. but that is an interesting point.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Muriel is an idiot. You don't get average citizens behind your cause by stopping them from making a living.

When I was much younger a manager once told me - "There are two things of people's you don't mess with, their money and their kids." Muriel and his band of misdirected misfits just did both of those things with the average citizens.

Their message is a good one, planning and execution went horribly wrong.
edit on 9-1-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ho ho ho you numbskulls...the governments been messing with your kids and your money along with the corporation and bankers since before you were in attendance here......
Get real you peeps......this thread is a troll to start with....
The real culprits you seem to revere instead of eschew.....its a topsy turvey world and they have your number to the nth decimal by now.....
This thread proves just how deep the programming has gone .....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

LMAO!!! Tell the herds more my friend!
~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Get real!
Bloody revolution was the founding fathers plan.....these protests are a far cry from their desires when writing the constitution.....
Americans have been turned into pussies by their education system...making them more dependant on government propaganda to do their thinking for them.....
Truth be known their government has been corporate owned lock stock and barrel for decades now....
There is no freedom in America because there are so few free thinkers anymore...............................

You know what the Founders also had? The sympathy of roughly 1/3 of the population. These protestors don't have that and will have even less of that thanks to their behavior.

Statistics show that in order to succeed in the US, a determined revolution would need the sympathy/support of not only 1/3 of the civilian population at large even if they only sympathize in spirit AND roughly 1/3 of group you just called the largest terrorist organization in the world in order to have a serious chance of success.

I wish you luck with your revolt given the attitude you display.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Which one has cost more to the livelihood of millions of American's and killed many business in this country under the Freedom of Speech clause?

Protesters practicing Freedom of Speech or Lobbyists practicing Freedom of Speech?

Lobbyists have destroyed thousands of business in this country.

Why are we not up in arms over them?

And in a situation where the cops are supposedly the focus of the anger ... I fail to see where the lobbyists even factor in to this discussion at the moment. Does blocking a freeway in Cali now do something to the lobbyists clear out in DC

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ho ho ho you numbskulls...the governments been messing with your kids and your money along with the corporation and bankers since before you were in attendance here......
Get real you peeps......this thread is a troll to start with....
The real culprits you seem to revere instead of eschew.....its a topsy turvey world and they have your number to the nth decimal by now.....
This thread proves just how deep the programming has gone .....

I will say this just once:

Violent revolution is a drastic step. Many will die, and there is 0 guarantee that any system replacing this will bring any kind of change for the better. Until and unless conditions get to the point where enough people feel that this step is justified, the notion of waging an actual violent revolt is never going to be an attractive option. It just isn't.

Now we can argue that the frog is being slowly boiled and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but no mood exists for violent revolt. Given that I have a 4-year-old myself ... I honestly do not relish the idea.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join