It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

man throws kittens from car.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yekway

Animals dont do things for fun. Period!

Glad you agree with me LadyV.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Titan please dont be so silly.

Lady was agreeing with me.

Laterz!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
She just said animals have fun and you blatenly said they don't regardles if it is insticnt or not.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Titan.

Frist of all, what are you on about!

Second of of all, why test me?

Just becuase Lady says something, you hide behind her banner.

Thats weak!

Anyway, what do you want to say, since its ME you want, say what u want.

I will take what u say, to me, its a amusing, even though the thread you want to bring it to me is not amusing!

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You said "Animals dont do things for fun. Period! "

I tried to explain to you that animals do.

You kicked up a stink.

And now your on my ignore list.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
THANK GOD IM ON YOUR LIST!

Now I can teach you!

Just u2me.

I wont ignore you, Titan.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
animals like cats and dogs do ,do things for fun....like play with balls and string,they do this because even when domesticated its a part of their instincts they have when their young and learning to hunt,defend themselves etc.
No animal intentionally kills for fun (this sad trait is only found in human beings),even when playing with mice and the mice is killed and the cat leaves the mice dead with out eating it,it has not acted with the intention of slowly making the mouse suffer for its personal amusement,it does not comprehend the issue such as a human being does.......mouse stops moving.....fun over,period.

Nature can be terribly cruel but not for the nessesatiy of amusement.

regards.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
YES ANIMALS PLAY

I WROTE: I have worked with animals for over 18 years and you better believe they play..

The "CAN'T play was a typo....ALL my pets play.... even my rats!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Try telling that to yekway.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Titan007]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Titan. Humans can compehend the value of life, whereas an animal couldn't.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Titan. Humans can compehend the value of life, whereas an animal couldn't.

exactly!!.....anyway titan,no dis respect but youre way off the topic.....

a lion wouldnt push another lion off a cliff because it felt like it,thats what the guy in the car was doing with those kittens...all this talk off animals having fun or acting with malice is junk...either come up with some proof for your point or give it a rest?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I didn't say they act with malice... even tho I believe they do.

My point is that animals have fun regardless if it started off as insticnt or whatever, LadyV seems to agree on the FACT that animals can and do have fun.

Animals feel happy, sad, lonely, scared, shame, hate and love. 'fun' is simply describing an emotion, such as being happy.

The boy played in the field happily and was having fun.
The dog played in the field happily and was having fun.

Edit: btw I changed accounts from titan to th0r, didn't want a moon named after me or anything.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Th0r]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok people....I'm gonna try and make this simple....
Animals have the same emotions we do...yes! Animals play...yes!

As to a cat that kills a rat or mouse.....this is not the same thing as a cat playing with string or as my cats...play with the laser light (they love to play with that) there is the "smell" of the prey...this brings the instinctual behavior to the forefront, or in some cases, the need to make a kill as in a mother cat training her kittens or bringing food to them.....the kill of another, smaller animal starts from smell to instinct....."then" they may play with it.....animals do not kill for "fun"

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yekway

Animals dont do things for fun. Period!

Ok I was wrong saying my cat killed for fun, It started out as instinct.

All I have been arguing about is that quote from yekway saying "Animals dont do things for fun. Period!"

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Im not sure many of you are going to like this beause its very sick but last night i was driving home following a 4+4 jeep when it appeared to run over a kitten which i then ran over by mistake,i stopped to check it was dead,it was.I carried on and soon caught the jeep up again,suddenley there was another kitten bouncing down the road.....the sick man driving was throwing them out of window!!!!!
I took the guys registration and reported it to the police,i wanted to follow him and beat him to a pulp but my girlfriend wouldnt let me! we went back down the road and found 3 more cats 2 were dead and one i had to put out of its misery myself....it disturbed me but a vet would have been useless,the poor little thing was too far gone.
I know in my heart of hearts the portuguese police wont follow this up,there not renound for being a nation of animal lovers but this man could of dropped them outside any vets and they would have either found them homes or hummanley destroyed them.
I despise animal cruelty with a passion and would like to see people like this man punished severley,massive fines and imprisonment...and if it was up to me take away his rights to have a driving liciense a credit card etc take away his life cruelly as he saw acceptble to do with those kittens.

does any one else feel this strongly or am i taking this to an extreme?

I dont think i am....(gets off soap box)

Regards.

YOU FIRST OF ALL ARE REDICULOUS !!!

Second of all we have creatures so we can eat them. Third of all, you are crazy. Fourth of all they are just kittens what is the difference in spending money to put them to sleep ... Which they do then they throw them into a furnace and burn them up ... ??? Ok ... Why waste the medicine on putting them to sleep. ??? it stops there heart you don't think they are scared when you lay them on an apoerating table inject some crap in them and then they slowly die with time as thier heart stops beating ???

Anyways ... I am not for like tying a dog up and not feeding it and letting it starve to death. I am not really up for throwing animals out of the window of a moving car. But sometimes you guys bring this to far .. Like .. a while back there was this huge thing about de-beaking chickens ... ,, I mean really .. Come on I know that you want the Vetenarians to stay in practice but DAM$ ... I mean REALLY !!! COME ON !

*Editted to remove profanity

[edit on 16-12-2004 by alien]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I bet you can do something about it .... Put up signs saying in your community that you will take any pet that they don't want .. Take one Saturaday and put signs up with your Telephone number on it ... I BET NONE OF YOU HAVE EVEN EVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT >... OH YEAH YOU ARe so High and mighty when people are doing stuff wrong and you want to change it BUT DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE IT ... Or is your house perfect with one kitten and it is spaded ... B/c you had the money to spade it ... Most likely the cats you saw throwing out the window was a cat the person found took care of it wound up being pregnant and he probably took them down the street but they found their way back .. Then he probably decided since all of them are obviuosly dying because he can't feed them to end thier misery and since he is in the city he can't just take them out back and shoot them so ... Whats the next best thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Anyways ... I am not for like tying a dog up and not feeding it and letting it starve to death. I am not really up for throwing animals out of the window of a moving car. But sometimes you guys bring this to far .. Like .. a while back there was this huge thing about de-beaking chickens ... ,, I mean really .. Come on I know that you want the Vetenarians to stay in practice but DAM$ ... I mean REALLY !!! COME ON !

I pity you..........i would get banned if i said what i really think of you........go and play on a motorway with a blind fold,or just cease to exsist....incase you decide you are up for throwing animals out of a car window?

sad,sad,sad....you make me wanna spew up.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
bet555: You have some serious issues. Truly I can only feel pity for someone like you, you are totally devoid of humanity.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

YOU FIRST OF ALL ARE REDICULOUS !!!

Second of all we have creatures so we can eat them. Third of all, you are crazy. Fourth of all they are just kittens what is the difference in spending money to put them to sleep ... Which they do then they throw them into a furnace and burn them up ... ??? Ok ... Why waste the medicine on putting them to sleep. ??? it stops there heart you don't think they are scared when you lay them on an apoerating table inject some crap in them and then they slowly die with time as thier heart stops beating ???

Buddy, its better to have folk think your a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt! Get your facts straight.
As soon as you said "they are just...." you show your thoughless mentality.

The "medicine" dosent kill by stopping the heart, and it isnt slow.
Sodium pentabarbitone is most commonly used.
The anaesthetic is administered intravenously into the foreleg and the pet slips into sleep. The agent is designed to quickly and painlessly terminate nerve transmission. When there are no nerve impulses, there can be no thought, sensation, movement or pain. Be assured that the process is as painless and quick and humane as possible. Because of a pet's relative low body weight, modern anaesthetics act extremely quickly, as well as painlessly.

An irreversible loss of consciousness occurs within six to twelve seconds when the pet will take a slightly deeper breath, become weak, and fall into a deep sleep. Breathing stops within one or two minutes; the heart stops beating shortly afterwards and all movement ceases

Ive never had the process take more than one or two minutes max. Breathing stops within 3-4 seconds usually, the animal slips into a deep unconciousness instantly. This is a far cry from being thrown from a car, sustaining agonising internal and external injuries and dying over a few hours by the roadside.
Further if the owner is holding the animal they are not scared either!

dont post rubbish when you have no idea what your talking about!

[edit on 123131p://261212 by instar]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Right.

First of all, I stick by my guns!

ANIMALS PLAY, ANIMALS HAVE FUN-YES THEY DO.

BUT NOT IN THE SAME WAY AS HUMANS!.

SO, that brings me back to the quote that Titan brought up. I stick by it.

I have had about three or four dogs in my life, I have been with animals scince I was born! Most of the people I know have had animlas through their life, I could easily call them Titan and have them say the same thing as Im saying, but you know what,

I DONT WONT TO WASTE THEIR TIME OR ENERGY!

I agree with Lady fullheartdly with what she says, (beacuse she makes sense) but I dont agree with you Titan (because you dont make sense!)

I have read some of your posts Titan, and it seems you need to study and learn. We learn everyday, Im no exception, but on this thread, I have not learnt anything apart from this,

Animals act better than humans, why?

Beacuse they act with each other, they dont show malice or haterd towards their fellow beings (or us), this is because animlas do not have the same thinking as humans (which I already stated somewhere in this thread!)

So Titan, instead of writing without thinking and quoting from me, why dont you just u2me and have a one to one?

Again, we learn everyday and all I have learnt from this thread is the negativity that humans never fail to show.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join