It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN chief says Palestinians to join ICC on April 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Wednesday that Palestine will join the International Criminal Court on April 1, a high-stakes move that will enable the Palestinians to pursue war-crimes charges against Israel. he Palestinians submitted the documents ratifying the Rome Statute that established the court on Friday, the last formal step to becoming a member of the world’s permanent war crimes tribunal.

The move followed the Palestinians’ failure to win a UN Security Council majority for a resolution imposing a three-year time limit for a full Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

In a statement posted on the UN’s treaty website, the secretary-general said “the statute will enter into force for the State of Palestine on April 1, 2015.” He said he was acting as the “depositary” for the documents of ratification.

It's good to see that Palestine will be allowed to join the ICC maybe they will finally get some justice. If Israel has a problem with this let them join the ICC and file charges against the Hamas leaders that Israel says commit terrorist acts. Also comments by Netanyahu just shows he doesn't want the Palestinians to have their own state recognized by the UN something his parties charter says must not be allowed. It's funny how people cry about the Hamas charter and how it wants to wipe Israel off the map but says nothing about the Likud charter a party founded by the terrorist Menachem Begin which says the same thing should happen to Palestine.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah no.

I don't see any of the existing Israeli power structure, being very much afraid of the UN. Considering they've broken how many resolutions and laws already?

And the response to that has been less than lackluster on the other side.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah exactly...

The Likud Charter isn't even a hidden agenda...

Knesset often have people on the floor reiterating the stance that Palestine doesn't/shouldn't exist etc

But outside of Israel where Media is controlled by Zionism it isn't given an inch of column space.

I wonder if Israel's hesitance to join the ICC to "bring light" to Hamas activity is due to the fact they have no concrete evidence...
Or any type of evidence for that matter besides the usual outbursts from the usual suspects saying "if Hamas didn't *insert terror activity*...then blah blah blah"...

There is a nice little meme from Fatah going about with Netanyahu next to a Noose with the words "Soon" written in Arabic...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

In reaction to this very welcomed news, Netanyahu said:

We will not let Israel Defence Forces (IDF) soldiers and officers be dragged to the International Criminal Court in The Hague

and, in accordance, Israel did the following:

immediately applied financial pressure on the Palestinian Authority, freezing the transfer of half a billion shekels (over $127 million) in monthly tax revenues it collected on behalf of the Palestinians.

source

And the big brother US, via State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said:

We conveyed to the Israelis that freezing the tax revenues is an action that raises tensions [..] We oppose to any actions that raise tensions and we call on both sides to avoid it.

source
But wait, at the same hypocritical time, US Government announces the following:

The US joined the financial pressure on the Palestinian Authority on Monday, when the Obama administration announced a review of America’s annual $440 million aid package to the Palestinians. As AP pointed out, once the Palestinian Authority apply any case against Israel to the International Criminal Court, US financial help to Palestine will cease immediately under American law.

This so amazingly hypocritical!

On the other hand, EU's foreign policy chief called Israel’s move to freeze the transfer of Palestinian tax revenues a violation of the Oslo Accords.

“The decision of the Israeli government to halt the transfer of tax revenues to the Palestinian Authority runs counter to Israel’s obligations under the Paris Protocol [..]” the EU’s high representative for foreign affairs, Federica Mogherini, said in a statement published on Tuesday.

EU is providing considerable support, including financial assistance, to ensure the building of the institutions and infrastructure of a future Palestinian State. These achievements should not be put at risk by not meeting obligations regarding the timely and transparent transfer of tax and custom revenues.”

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
anyone paying attention to the date? Its a april fools joke.(well it should be considering the PLO leadership had admitted off mike that they dont really exist)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yeah no.

I don't see any of the existing Israeli power structure, being very much afraid of the UN. Considering they've broken how many resolutions and laws already?

And the response to that has been less than lackluster on the other side.

~Tenth

True. Thanks to America Israel has nothing to worry about when it comes to the UN because America will always side with Israel. By all rights with all the resolutions that has been placed against Israel it should be thrown out of the UN.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This should be interesting .. though odds are israel will continue getting a free pass to commit crimes against humanity ...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said Wednesday that Palestine will join the International Criminal Court on April 1, a high-stakes move that will enable the Palestinians to pursue war-crimes charges against Israel. he Palestinians submitted the documents ratifying the Rome Statute that established the court on Friday, the last formal step to becoming a member of the world’s permanent war crimes tribunal.

The move followed the Palestinians’ failure to win a UN Security Council majority for a resolution imposing a three-year time limit for a full Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines in the West Bank and Jerusalem.

In a statement posted on the UN’s treaty website, the secretary-general said “the statute will enter into force for the State of Palestine on April 1, 2015.” He said he was acting as the “depositary” for the documents of ratification.

It's good to see that Palestine will be allowed to join the ICC maybe they will finally get some justice. If Israel has a problem with this let them join the ICC and file charges against the Hamas leaders that Israel says commit terrorist acts. Also comments by Netanyahu just shows he doesn't want the Palestinians to have their own state recognized by the UN something his parties charter says must not be allowed. It's funny how people cry about the Hamas charter and how it wants to wipe Israel off the map but says nothing about the Likud charter a party founded by the terrorist Menachem Begin which says the same thing should happen to Palestine.

It's about time they started getting more formal recognition by the UN. I know the UN has passed resolutions against Israel in the past.

The problem is, the US and Israel aren't party to the ICC. And with the US on the P-5 in the Security Council, it will always be a veto for sanctions on Israel. UNLESS, the General Assembly passes such a resolution, which most people don't realize is actually possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

In reaction to this very welcomed news, Netanyahu said:

We will not let Israel Defence Forces (IDF) soldiers and officers be dragged to the International Criminal Court in The Hague

and, in accordance, Israel did the following:

immediately applied financial pressure on the Palestinian Authority, freezing the transfer of half a billion shekels (over $127 million) in monthly tax revenues it collected on behalf of the Palestinians.

source

And the big brother US, via State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki said:

We conveyed to the Israelis that freezing the tax revenues is an action that raises tensions [..] We oppose to any actions that raise tensions and we call on both sides to avoid it.

source
But wait, at the same hypocritical time, US Government announces the following:

The US joined the financial pressure on the Palestinian Authority on Monday, when the Obama administration announced a review of America’s annual $440 million aid package to the Palestinians. As AP pointed out, once the Palestinian Authority apply any case against Israel to the International Criminal Court, US financial help to Palestine will cease immediately under American law.

This so amazingly hypocritical!

On the other hand, EU's foreign policy chief called Israel’s move to freeze the transfer of Palestinian tax revenues a violation of the Oslo Accords.

“The decision of the Israeli government to halt the transfer of tax revenues to the Palestinian Authority runs counter to Israel’s obligations under the Paris Protocol [..]” the EU’s high representative for foreign affairs, Federica Mogherini, said in a statement published on Tuesday.

EU is providing considerable support, including financial assistance, to ensure the building of the institutions and infrastructure of a future Palestinian State. These achievements should not be put at risk by not meeting obligations regarding the timely and transparent transfer of tax and custom revenues.”

The west and Israel are complete hypocrites on this issue. They claim the right to attack others, invade, commit regime change, based on assertions of violations of human rights or bad governance in other countries. But as soon as international law is directed at them, they claim national sovereignty and how they don't need to listen to the UN nor international law. As As an American, it disgusts me. I am also disgusted by the countless western/Israeli apologists who say what I just noted.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow. I didn't realise there was such an anti Israel air about this site before. Though it has been hinted at.

So, when the Palestinians get into the ICC, I assume their first point of call will be to drag.......Hamas into it, right? Or are they going to continue to ignore them? Or continue to hide them? Maybe we'll even see Hamas finally represented.....

You people do realise that Israel is a legitimate state as much as any other. And it IS retaliation. I don't care what you people think you know. You obviously haven't looked into Israel's history enough. The 'palestinians' attacked Israel RIGHT off the bat. Literally as soon as Israel was formed they attacked. You people have fallen for that line on the front page of this very website. DENY IGNORANCE. Let's have a test shall we to jog your western washed minds. The things the media DIDN'T tell you.

1. Extensive use of swastikas, portraits of Hitler and Nazi imagery during the 1936-1939 "Great Arab Revolt" of 1936-1939
2. Al Husseini's close collaboration with Hitler and Eichmann. Al Husseini was one of the originators of the systematic destruction of European Jewry and was a close associate, confidante and advisor to Eichmann. He organized the Bosnian Muslim SS Hanjar divisions that annihilated 90% of Bosnian Jews and persuaded the Axis powers to prevent any Jews leaving Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria diverting hundreds of thousands of Jews to the death camps.
3.During the 1961 Eichmann trial in Jerusalem, Hannah Arendt commented on the astounding degree of anti-Jewish venom and praise for Hitler in the Arab press together with regret that he "did not finish the job".
40 years later the state-controlled Egyptian daily Al Akhbar (April 18, 2001) declared "Our thanks to the late Hitler who wrought, in advance, the vengeance of the Palestinians upon the most despicable villains on the face of the earth. However we rebuke Hitler for the fact that the vengeance was insufficient".
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said of the Jews after the 2006 Lebanon War "If they gather in Israel it will save us the trouble of going after them worldwide" and former Iranian President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani thundering his aims of a second holocaust and final solution declared "The use of nuclear bomb in Israel will leave nothing on the ground, whereas it will only damage the world of Islam."
4. the PLO was a brainchild of the KGB working with Nasser, the Vietnamese Communists and Romanian dictator Ceausescu persuaded Arafat to repackage his propaganda so that the Arab onslaught against Israel would be transformed in the world imagination as an anti-colonial struggle by the "oppressed Palestinians".
5.Arab hoax "the Zionists stole our land", The Palestinians turned down the opportunity of obtaining a Palestinian State alongside Israel, as they were determined to destroy Israel and replace her with a Judenreihn "Palestine from the river to the sea".In this they have been diabolically supported by the International Left.
6.The evacuation by Israel of ten thousand Jews from Gaza and the handing over of Gaza over to full Palestinian control led to a renewed war by the Arabs of Gaza against Israel's people sending thousands of rockets into Israel with the aim of killing and maiming Israeli men, women and children.
Over 1800 Israelis (mainly women and children) have been killed since Arafat launched a war of terror against Israel's people in 2000, and thousands more maimed and injured.

You can't ignore this.

You people have this all ASS BACKWARD and yet the information IS out there. It IS still readable and findable. I urge you to can this phony, popularist Israel's the enemy hookum. You're all smarter and I had hoped better read than this. I'm ashamed. I hope you all realise what you're supporting before it's too late.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
1187 Israelis killed actually...

700 less than you make out!!!

a reply to: Joneselius

IDF deaths since 2005

Committed Suicide - 30
Illness - 14
Accidents - 26
Terror Incidents - 6

Plus 9121 Palestinians Killed since 2000...

Was it convenient for you to leave that out...
Or just a lapse in judgement?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So, when the Palestinians get into the ICC, I assume their first point of call will be to drag.......Hamas into it, right?

No first they are going after the hostile invaders in their lands not a democratically elected government in their land. Nothing is stopping Israel from doing the same thing Palestine is doing if they want to charge Hamas then let them join and then file charges.

The 'palestinians' attacked Israel RIGHT off the bat.

This is a lie. The 'Israelis' started ethnic cleansing the land on day one. But then cried they attacked us. A UN observer reported the ethnic cleansing was the most barbaric thing they had ever seen.

1. Extensive use of swastikas, portraits of Hitler and Nazi imagery during the 1936-1939 "Great Arab Revolt" of 1936-1939

The JDL goes into Palestinian neighborhoods and paint gas the Arabs on walls how's that for Nazi imagery?

2. Al Husseini's close collaboration with Hitler and Eichmann. Al Husseini was one of the originators of the systematic destruction of European Jewry and was a close associate, confidante and advisor to Eichmann. He organized the Bosnian Muslim SS Hanjar divisions that annihilated 90% of Bosnian Jews and persuaded the Axis powers to prevent any Jews leaving Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria diverting hundreds of thousands of Jews to the death camps.

Zionist terror groups also worked with Hitler against the British. Why didn't you mention them? And what does this have to do with Palestine?

4. the PLO was a brainchild of the KGB working with Nasser

So what? Israel helped in the creation of Hamas.

5.Arab hoax "the Zionists stole our land", The Palestinians turned down the opportunity of obtaining a Palestinian State alongside Israel, as they were determined to destroy Israel and replace her with a Judenreihn "Palestine from the river to the sea".

It's not a hoax it's the truth. Zionist are the ones that made a deal with Britain for that land. Also check into the Likud charter and how there will be no state of Palestine.

6.The evacuation by Israel of ten thousand Jews from Gaza and the handing over of Gaza over to full Palestinian control led to a renewed war by the Arabs of Gaza against Israel's people sending thousands of rockets into Israel with the aim of killing and maiming Israeli men, women and children.

Israel had to give that land back. It is illegal to annex land by force. Also Palestine has the right to drive their occupiers out of their lands. This includes Gaza, the West Bank and all the other pre67 land that Israel has stolen.

I urge you to can this phony, popularist Israel's the enemy hookum.

I urge you to stop spreading Israeli propaganda. Palestine had nothing to do with WW2 but you want to cry Nazi to help justify Israel's actions.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Justice would be easy. Stop being terrorists and Israel will not attack them.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
I urge you to stop spreading Israeli propaganda. Palestine had nothing to do with WW2 but you want to cry Nazi to help justify Israel's actions.

No, they did get a Nazi war criminal to lead their armies in their attack against Israel though.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

A fair rebuke and food for thought.

I shall indeed keep looking into all of this. It's so muddy and distorted that it's hard to get anything! Though your rebukes make sense and I feel that maybe I typed in haste. I've been reading all day and night about this and I can't for the life of me support Israel in their actions. Maybe I needed this slap in the face.

I wont be typing in haste again. that'll teach me. I apologise for my otherwise ignorant comment. Ironic seeing as I justified it as not. A double slap......

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I shall indeed keep looking into all of this. It's so muddy and distorted that it's hard to get anything! Though your rebukes make sense and I feel that maybe I typed in haste. I've been reading all day and night about this and I can't for the life of me support Israel in their actions. Maybe I needed this slap in the face.

I wont be typing in haste again. that'll teach me. I apologise for my otherwise ignorant comment. Ironic seeing as I justified it as not. A double slap......

HAve you noticed something? Buster does not refute what i said. wonder why? Its because former leadership of PLO and even arafatt themselves have said they are not actually palestinians.

If we are going by simple being there as making them palestinians then alot of jews who were living there before the REforming of israel are also entitled to the land and so are their decendents. This is neither here nor there though due to the modern palestinians are not related to the ones they claim relation to. I mean if YAsser arafatt and the PLO leadership are telling the truth this is nothing but a land grab. Arafatt said onceone minute we were refugees,the next we are magically palestinians. Read his biography.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Actually you were basically correct in everything you said, and Buster is wrong.

Palestinians elected a terrorist group to lead them, and do not care (by Buster's admission) about terrorists being brought to justice.

Palestinians started ethnic cleansing and terrorism first, and I have proven it to Buster and shut his mouth and ran him out of other threads. On day 1 Israel recognized a 2 State solution, Palestinians refused it, and wanted 1 State run by them, with Israelis having no power or authority. As soon as Israel claimed statehood, Palestinians, attacked them that same day. Their chosen war leader was a Nazi war criminal.

You are right about the Israelis not stealing any land. It was NEVER the Palestinians, EVER. It was Turkish land before it was British, and the UN had a 2 State solution mapped out that Palestinians rejected.

Buster is wrong on everything. He's a fool and refuses sourced evidence, and runs away to lie in the next thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I thought it good mannered to reply to someone who took the time out of their day to respond to me.

I still don't support Palestine (I don't even see it as a state). I simply mean that I can't justify the violence. I know my points stand, as they are. But it IS a confusing mess of geo-politics.

I get so wound up though when people attack Israel as though it's a 'terror' state. When it is not, and never will be.

That's why I asked about their motive here, the first people they try had BETTER be Hamas leaders and followers or their cause is, once again, self defeating.

After researching this a LOT more I can't help but feel that my original post was indeed correct. I was scared I'd spoken in haste as I'd only read this up a long long time ago. After re-reading I'm now 100% convinced that Israel is getting slaughtered in the media and through other sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

1) I have to say, this is a new claim to me. Do you have a source or citation? Preferably multiple, if you can.

2) Your first claim, about al-Husseini being the originator of the mass killings, is patently false. Plans to extermiante Jews - and other prisoners of the regime - were already in place in 1935. The preferred method was essentially working them to death; unfed slave labor for the war machine. When this proved too slow, and the war with the USSR was turning sour, the Nazis went for broke and began the operation of mass extermination in earnest. It was a German creation, by a German regime, with its first efforts conducted in German-occupied Poland. if you think that Himmler would institute a policy because some buffoon exile from Jerusalem proposed it one day, you're a bit daft.

On your second point, you're only mostly incorrect. Hanjar was devised by Himmler and Gottlob Berger. it was put into motion by Artur Phelps, who put Karl von Krempler in charge of organizing the division. While the division was mostly Bosniak Muslims (as, well, most Bosniaks are Muslims), the officers were exclusively non-Muslim; Mostly German imports, with a few Croat Catholics. Part of this had to do with the Bosnian Ulama opposing their laity's involvement with either Croatia (and their Nazi backers) Or Yugoslavia (and their Soviet backers) - because of this, Muslims were not seen as trustworthy to command units. Turned out to be accurate, since the Hanjar was the only SS division to be struck with Mutiny. Not just once, but twice. This Division had little to nothing to do with the extermination of Bosnian Jews - Hanjar was a military division placed out in the mountains to fight Yugoslavian forces. The Bosnian Jews were mainly "handled" by the Croatian police under the hands of Mile Budac and the Ustaše militias.

However, the Germans did fly al-Husseini out to Sarajevo to "bless the troops" at the formation of the Hanjar division. so, you've got that part kind of almost correct.

Now, I want to get this straight. You're trying to flog Hajj Amin al-Husseini, a guy appointed to the ceremonial position of Mufti of Jerusalem after coming in fifth of five men in an election, by a British Jew (Herbert Samuels. yes, really) specifically because of his anti-Jewish views, who was forced to flee Jerusalem for Iraq (and onward to Germany) in 1937, whereupon he became a lonely little prisoner of the reich, to justify punishing Palestinain Arabs in 2015?

3) Editorial pages from whenever are, again, justification for bringing harm to Palestinian in 2015? I just want to make sure i'm reading you square on this.

4) The Vietnamese communist party? Really?! Lolwhut. No, the PLO was a creation of the Arab league - mostly meaning Egypt, at the time. Vietnamese... Oh lawd. That's funny.

5) The whole of the land was Palestinain. What they turned down was a plan whereby they would be forced to cede 60% of it - including the majority of the farmland, the ports, the headwaters of the Jordan, and hypothesized oil fields... to 35% of the population, of which 80% were fresh immigrant from Europe. Unless you think Germany should cede everything except Berlin and Bavaria to Turkish immigrants, too, you're not really making an argument on this one.

6) Actually it was the institution of a full blockade against Gaza in 2006 that led to this "renewed war" - and if you're familiar with laws of war, such a blockade is itself an act of war. So, uh. Yeah, Israel fired an opening salvo there. By pushing it backwards to 2005, Israel hopes to have a lame excuse to keep its colonization of the west bank going apace.

7) You didn't number this one, but whatever. Arafat did not "Launch" the Intifada. He co-opted it, but he was not its point of origin. Rather the point of origin was that Oslo had been lagging for seven years because Israel refused to meet any of its promises to the Palestinians, and 2000 saw the breakdown of talks between the two parties; first at Camp David because the Israelis made an offer no one in their right mind would accept, and again at Taba, which failed due to right-wing governments being elected to power in the US and Israel (Both Israeli and Palestinian negotiating teams say they were on the cusp of a comprehensive deal, when Bush and Netanyahu broke it up)

Would you like to continue? I can do this all day.

As for this:

So, when the Palestinians get into the ICC, I assume their first point of call will be to drag.......Hamas into it, right? Or are they going to continue to ignore them? Or continue to hide them? Maybe we'll even see Hamas finally represented.....

Sounds like a good reason for Israel to sign onto the ICC as well. I for one would love to see Netanyahu, abbas, Olmert, meshaal, all lined up on a bench while charges are read against them.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Point 5. no it was not always Palestinia. the ROMANS renamed the area without consent from JUDEA. look it up. It was a punishment for rebellions against them. These days we do not think about the pride attached to a name but back then that was a major insult. Also by roman decree they renamed it on their maps as well. Also When the league of nations divided the land back up they took this into account. TURKEY controlled the land until it was taken back.

Historically The area of palestinia was never formally recognized by anyone as a nation really.

I have to ask you. DO you think YAsser arafatt and ex plo leadership lied about there not really being a modern palestinian people? they both have admitted this you can find this info too if you look.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join