It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BILL GATES DRINKS 'boiled and treated' POO. Ah, 'delicious'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Mmmmm...so how many will line up for this little invention? Can't wait to taste what my own Poo water is like!

Sorry, but while I know waste is regularly converted, this is taking it a bit too far for me. Kind of like going to a slaughterhouse and watching your meal get processed....not sure I could take a long sip of my own poo water.

I put this in the survival forum since it is based on the Gates Foundation doing this for poor countries and for their survival.

"I watched the piles of feces go up the conveyer belt and drop into a large bin," he wrote.

"They made their way through the machine, getting boiled and treated. A few minutes later I took a long taste of the end result: a glass of delicious drinking water."

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
well hey that's what astronauts in space do, their poop is processed, filtered and whatever and they get drinking water out of it, and they are doing fine.
Of course that would not be first choice, but in areas that suffer serious droughts, or just have problems obtaining water, this can be a temporary solution to the problem.
Solutions don't always have to be elegant, they just have to fix the problem.
That does not mean i would not be grossed out if asked to try it

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
japan has mastered the art of turning poop into meat. think twice before visiting.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
japan has mastered the art of turning poop into meat. think twice before visiting.

Mmmm....I bet that is next on the Gate Foundation agenda. Turn your poo back into food in poor countries.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Mmmm....I bet that is next on the Gate Foundation agenda. Turn your poo back into food in poor countries.

I imagine the nutritional value goes way down unless they are adding vitamins or something.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I imagine the nutritional value goes way down unless they are adding vitamins or something.

Kind of reminds me of what they ate in the movie Snowpiercer. They ate these jelly like bricks of protein that were just waste of human remains and such, processed into these protein bars....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"They made their way through the machine, getting boiled and treated. A few minutes later I took a long taste of the end result: a glass of delicious drinking water."

If I could see footage of the entire process...
I'd buy into this.

I like Bill Gates, but this one stinks.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here is a link to cities that have treated wastewater going back into their taps (and this was in 2012):
NY Times

Funneling reclaimed water into water supplies is being considered in a variety of communities like Miami and Denver (which has experimented with the technology), as well as in drought-ravaged municipalities in Texas like Big Spring. The tiny mountain resort town of Cloudcroft, N.M., mingles reclaimed water with local well water. In Northern Virginia, reclaimed water has flowed into the Occoquan Reservoir for three decades. Still, just one-tenth of 1 percent of municipal wastewater nationally was recycled into local supplies in 2010. Only a handful of systems replenish their reservoirs or groundwater basins with treated wastewater. The largest is in Orange County, Calif., about 100 miles north of San Diego, where a four-year-old system replenishes the groundwater basin with 70 million gallons of treated effluent daily — about 20 percent of the content of the aquifer. Other sites include El Paso and some areas around Los Angeles. Edmund Archuleta, the president of El Paso Water Utilities, said in an interview that his city recycled all of its wastewater. Most is used for things like cooling industrial plants or watering playing fields, he said, but “it’s been accepted that we’re recharging some of that water into the aquifer” and into the Rio Grande. Globally, the largest population center to adopt the technology is Singapore, home to five million people. Officials say about 15 percent of its water originates from treated effluent, marketed as “NEWater.” Most is used for irrigation or manufacturing; some for drinking.

edit on bu312015-01-07T09:52:58-06:0009America/ChicagoWed, 07 Jan 2015 09:52:58 -06009u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This could actually do a lot of good in the world. Lack of clean drinking water is actually a pretty big issue in some places. I don't imagine that anyone dying of thirst would turn down a bottle of clean drinking water just because it was made from feces, that would be irrational. I know if I was dehydrated I would drink it. Set these things up in places like Africa and you will put a huge dent in the water issue.

I don't personally care much for Gates but this I think is cool.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Looking for it on Youtube...when I was a kid, there was a commercial from someone like Lockheed or United Technologies where a guy was looking at this sewage outflow, and there was a big boxy machine behind him with hoses going into the sewage, he was talking about how using their new technology, soon every city would be recycling its own sewage into delicious drinking water, and then he got a glass of it out of the machine and slurped it down.

That had to be in the late 60s or early 70s. I recall thinking in that case I'd be buying an awful lot of bottled water.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Although this is a not the most appeasing way to extract water for intake for countries that cannot find better water sources. 1 has to give him his respects
for at least trying to find a way to HELP those in need. Hopefully its safe and tasteless and harmless to those who ingest it...

Still very odd...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Kind of reminds me of what they ate in the movie Snowpiercer. They ate these jelly like bricks of protein that were just waste of human remains and such, processed into these protein bars....

The protein bars in Snowpiercer are not made of human remains and such... They're made of ground insects. But I get your feeling, still disgusting.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
survivalist tip 101, turn sewage into clean drinking water.
not really groundbreaking news, nor some newfangled method to help out countries.

You can also turn a lot of waste back into nutritional foods and protein (food for pigs and such)

I like Bill Gates. very much the egalitarian philanthropist I wish most obscenely rich folks were

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot

The protein bars in Snowpiercer are not made of human remains and such... They're made of ground insects. But I get your feeling, still disgusting.

Actually, it seemed like pretty much any biological junk was shoved in the crusher..they showed the insects clearly, but I suspect nothing went to waste..to include the waste.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
survivalist tip 101, turn sewage into clean drinking water.
not really groundbreaking news, nor some newfangled method to help out countries.

You can also turn a lot of waste back into nutritional foods and protein (food for pigs and such)

I like Bill Gates. very much the egalitarian philanthropist I wish most obscenely rich folks were

Egalitarian philanthropist? Mr. Gates is very much involved in eugenics and population control. Not so much an egalitarian... Unless you ask his public relation team!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Bill gates can eat my sh#t and drink my p#ss.

This man is evil to the bone and if u don't know do some research

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Plants turn poo into food and everyone eats those.

All the water in your body has been recycled many times from all around the planet for billions of years.

Big damn deal.

edit on 7-1-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Plants turn poo it not food and everyone eats those.

All the water in your body has been recycled many times from all around the planet for billions of years.

Big damn deal.

Yes they do, but watching it go up a conveyor belt as a steaming pile and turned into water right before your eyes then drinking a glass is a bit different. People die of old age all the time, but watching someone be killed is a bit different....one process takes a long time, the other is instant.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

there's this japanese movie called aachi and ssipak where they turn poop into "juicy bars". pretty crazy movie.

soylent green proves that ignorance is truly bliss.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
STOP THE POO MADNESS!!!!

I will never look at a glass of water the same.

Some things do not need to be discussed. Poo Water is one of them.

I'm going to shower and bleach now. See you guys around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join