It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video reveals unarmed man told to raise hands before officer fired three shots killing him - Mexican

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Doesn't matter. He was involved in a shooting earlier, known to be armed and dangerous. Didn't obey lawful commands and was shot.

Very very simple. If he had not engaged in criminal activities, this would not have happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: macman

Turns out he was "unarmed", huh?

Somehow, that keeps on being overlooked.

Somehow the term "unarmed" has become a rallying cry for police bashing when "unarmed" is totally irrelevant. There is no way the police can know if the suspect is armed or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: windword

What does POS mean?

If it was a "traffic stop", how could the officer have possibly known that an occupant in the BACK SEAT was a suspect in a crime that happen the night before?

So many questions.....

If it was a traffic stop, why did the officer demand all the occupants of the car put their hands up, as he approached the vehicle with his gun drawn?

If I get pulled over for speeding, and my nieces and nephews are in the back seat playing video games on their smart phones, are they at risk of getting shot?

So many questions left unanswered in the article....

POS means Piece of Sh#@....and he knew the guy from having had interaction with him before as well as from the night before he was a suspect from a shooting/drug bust.

The guy had NUMEROUS run ins with the law and a long record. One of the reports I read said he recognized him.

Is that why the vehicle was pulled over?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What does POS mean?

If it was a "traffic stop", how could the officer have possibly known that an occupant in the BACK SEAT was a suspect in a crime that happen the night before?

So many questions.....

If it was a traffic stop, why did the officer demand all the occupants of the car put their hands up, as he approached the vehicle with his gun drawn?

If I get pulled over for speeding, and my nieces and nephews are in the back seat playing video games on their smart phones, are they at risk of getting shot?

So many questions left unanswered in the article....

POS means Piece of Sh#@....and he knew the guy from having had interaction with him before as well as from the night before he was a suspect from a shooting/drug bust.

The guy had NUMEROUS run ins with the law and a long record. One of the reports I read said he recognized him.

Is that why the vehicle was pulled over?

No idea why it was pulled over....could have been a vehicle that was seen at the scene of the crime the day before or for whatever reason.....officer recognized the criminal either way and the story is what happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So he unloaded into a vehicle with others inside because of unknown movements?

That's exactly what he did, from his standpoint right at the car door which was opened by him, maybe a few feet at most from Ramirez. The video does not have Ramirez in full view. I have seen the video, I'm looking now for a link.

"Shortly after the commands, three shots were fired into the vehicle in which Ramirez was in the back seat and was killed. Earlier it was reported that police wanted to talk with Richard Ramirez who was said to have been a suspect in a robbery."
Video at the link, very disturbing.
www.ktvq.com...
edit on 7-1-2015 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Damn you all must have known for sure that he was involved in the robbery.
Being a suspect is not the same thing as being convicted.

The same people that hold on to the second with dear life have no issue with throwing the 5th out the window.

But of course, if you just lick the cops boots then you have nothing to worry about

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

So lets just get rid of due process then, eh? I mean, if its cool for the cops to act as judge, jury and executioner without the right to a trial or anything. Yup, we're definitely heading in the right direction.

Isnt that exactly what the media is doing?

Not going off facts, immediately making every incident racial , and letting the court of public opinion decide whats truth and whats not despite facts?

Bit hypocritical to me

I dunno the facts on this case, so i cant comment......

I do know that being involved in a shooting prior to this make things a bit more delicate to say the least.....

Other then that I cant say a word either direction........guess we will have to wait and see what the facts are
edit on 1/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: windword

The driver can be identified by many different methods. Vehicle registration, BOLOs, actually seeing the driver and match it up with pictures provided during the start of shift briefing and roll call.

A traffic stop with a person driving known to be armed and dangerous will produce bad happenings for occupants. All the more important to make a decision to obey lawful commands.

As for you getting stopped for speeding?? Do you have a BOLO on you, indicating you to be involved with a shooting earlier and known to be armed and dangerous? If not, you are probably okay.

Is that why the car was stopped? The "suspect", that was shot 3 times and killed, wasn't driving. He was passenger in the back seat.

There's just not enough facts available for me to make sense of this incident. To me, it's very disturbing.

edit on 7-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: windword

The driver can be identified by many different methods. Vehicle registration, BOLOs, actually seeing the driver and match it up with pictures provided during the start of shift briefing and roll call.

A traffic stop with a person driving known to be armed and dangerous will produce bad happenings for occupants. All the more important to make a decision to obey lawful commands.

As for you getting stopped for speeding?? Do you have a BOLO on you, indicating you to be involved with a shooting earlier and known to be armed and dangerous? If not, you are probably okay.

Is that why the car was stopped? The "suspect", that was shot 3 times and killed, wasn't driving. He was passenger in the back seat.

There's just not enough facts available for me to make sense of this incident. To me, it's very disturbing.

You see, things come up and hit you in the face.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
After reading the story I don't think I will shed a tear.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Damn you all must have known for sure that he was involved in the robbery.
Being a suspect is not the same thing as being convicted.

The same people that hold on to the second with dear life have no issue with throwing the 5th out the window.

But of course, if you just lick the cops boots then you have nothing to worry about

More cop bashing demagoguery.

He told them to put their hands up 9 times.

He told them that dicking around with their hands while he was telling them "hand up" was making him nervous, and that he was going to shoot them.

He did.

Darwin award finalist, not 5th Amendment violation.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Or, you know, if you raise your hands when the cop says raise your hands, rather than grabbing an object at your wiast and fiddling with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think this is more of a case of this suspect having multiple prior arrests and being a suspect in a shooting the night before

That is irrelevant, unless the cop knew with certainty exactly who Ramirez was.

Has it been made clear the cop knew who he was?

If not, the only reason for the killing, was that he was stupidly fumbling around his lap belt and not raising his hands.

Personally, i don't blame the cop this time, i think if i had been him, and ordered 'hands up' 2 or 3 times and a guy (of any colour or race) was not doing so and was fumbling around his lap, i would have probably shot him too, although i'd like to think i would have gone for a wounding shot, not a fatal one.

But still, Ramirez's history with crime has no bearing on the shooting, unless the cop knew for certain he had a violent criminal history.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

From the OP article:

Before Ramirez was shot, Morrison recognized him as the suspect in a shooting the night before where authorities had recovered 90 grams of methamphetamine, Senior Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Ed Zink said.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

So he unloaded into a vehicle with others inside because of unknown movements?

That's exactly what he did, from his standpoint right at the car door which was opened by him, maybe a few feet at most from Ramirez. The video does not have Ramirez in full view. I have seen the video, I'm looking now for a link.

"Shortly after the commands, three shots were fired into the vehicle in which Ramirez was in the back seat and was killed. Earlier it was reported that police wanted to talk with Richard Ramirez who was said to have been a suspect in a robbery."
Video at the link, very disturbing.
www.ktvq.com...

Thanks for the video Smurf. I still hold that the officers should have waited to do a proper felony stop on a suspect vehicle in Ramirez neighborhood where they were actively searching for him. That the officer pushed the issue alone at night (opening the car door even) just raised the confrontation to lethal levels. Since no gun was found the officer who was alone and in close contact with the suspect had to fire because he became afraid something might happen.

He should have stood back behind his vehicle waiting for back up (apparently, within shouting distance) instead of up close "chatting" with a dangerous armed suspect…

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: MysterX

From the OP article:

Before Ramirez was shot, Morrison recognized him as the suspect in a shooting the night before where authorities had recovered 90 grams of methamphetamine, Senior Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Ed Zink said.

Thank you Vasa Croe.

That clears that up.

edit on 8-1-2015 by MysterX because: edited text

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You have thirty seconds to come up with a better solution that will save everyone from getting hurt and letting justice (the guy this criminal has already shot) have it's time. . . . . .

GO!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
You have thirty seconds to come up with a better solution that will save everyone from getting hurt and letting justice (the guy this criminal has already shot) have it's time. . . . . .

GO!

Minority report.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join