It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video reveals unarmed man told to raise hands before officer fired three shots killing him - Mexican

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Seems the media or TPTB are truly trying to start something at this point....this is from Montana and clearly states that the guy was a Mexican in this story, as well as a statement by the family saying that it was definitely racism that caused it...

BILLINGS, Mont. – An unarmed man killed by a Montana police officer during a traffic stop was told repeatedly to raise his hands before the officer shot him three times, according to video footage shown Tuesday during an inquest into the shooting.

Billings Police Officer Grant Morrison shot 38-year-old Richard Ramirez in April when authorities said Ramirez — a suspect in a recent drug-involved shooting — appeared to reach for something during the traffic stop.

About a dozen Ramirez family members and supporters attended the inquest. Most wore T-shirts with an image of him.

Sister Julie Ramirez said outside the inquest that the family wants Morrison charged with murder. She noted that her family is half-Mexican and accused the police of racial profiling in the case.

"He could have tased my brother or called for backup," Julie Ramirez said. "When Officer Morrison got out of that patrol car he knew he was going to kill my brother."

www.foxnews.com...

The officer that shot Ramirez was also involved in another shooting in 2013 where the suspect went for a weapon in the car that was later identified as a BB gun.

So the story tells about the kid being a suspect in a drug bust/shooting the night before for around 90 grams of Meth.....again....doesn't pay to be a criminal I would say.
edit on 1/7/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So the story tells about the kid being a suspect in a drug bust/shooting the night before for around 90 grams of Meth…..again....doesn't pay to be a criminal I would say.

Yah, wages of sin is death by police firing squad and all.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

"When Officer Morrison got out of that patrol car he knew he was going to kill my brother."

How in the hell could she possibly know that?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sounds more like the family is pushing the race angle.

When a cop says "hands up" don't start fumbling with a seat belt. Your hands are out of sight, digging around and the cop has no idea what you're digging around for.

Two of the three people in the car with Ramirez testified that Morrison's commands for them to raise their hands were clear. Both said they were in the front seat and couldn't see if Ramirez complied.

The person sitting next to Ramirez, Tom Black, told The Associated Press in the days after the shooting that Ramirez was trying to unbuckle his seatbelt when he was shot.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The POS criminal was involved with a shooting just a little before his interaction with LE.
The POS criminal did not obey lawful commands, and the LEO shot due to the POS criminal digging around for "something".

Another POS criminal has been removed from the gene pool. No tears lost.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Family is definitely pushing the race angle.

I think this is more of a case of this suspect having multiple prior arrests and being a suspect in a shooting the night before and stupidity on the part of the suspect for not complying with an order. It isn't like the cop opened fire on the rest of the people in the vehicle, and from the story, they were all in the vehicle at the time....two in front and one beside the suspect.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
At this point, we just have a mishmash of stories being cranked out by the propaganda outlets, doing nothing more than stirring the pot. If anyone needs to be arrested, and stand trial, it's not as much the cops, and/or the citizens they deal with daily. It's the American media, and their agenda driven "reporting".

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

The POS criminal was involved with a shooting just a little before his interaction with LE.
The POS criminal did not obey lawful commands, and the LEO shot due to the POS criminal digging around for "something".

How insensitive. I'm going to wear my "1/2 Mexican Lives Matter" t-shirt and go to the Smith College dining hall and bother students eating lunch today.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

How insensitive. I'm going to wear my "1/2 Mexican Lives Matter" t-shirt and go to the Smith College dining hall and bother students eating lunch today.

You would be bombarded by idiots that would ask about why the other 1/2 of them don't matter......

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I would go protest the protestors protesting..............but I have real world responsibilities like day job, family, personal business and so on...

I am wondering about your shirt. Is that only half of the person matters??? Like physically?

And yes, I am very very very insensitive. I am, after all, a savage.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Jamie1

You would be bombarded by idiots that would ask about why the other 1/2 of them don't matter......

Well because the other 1/2 of them are white, silly.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

So lets just get rid of due process then, eh? I mean, if its cool for the cops to act as judge, jury and executioner without the right to a trial or anything. Yup, we're definitely heading in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They told him multiple times to raise his hands. He did not. He was shot. Works for me.
Flashing lights, uniforms and gun muzzles pointed at your head is the universal sign for raise your hands. That works for every language.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yeah, because that is exactly what happened. **rolling eyes**

The POS was shot because he was involved with a shooting just a little bit before and was not obeying lawful commands, and the LEO believed he was reaching for a firearm.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

So because one of the vehicles occupants resisted his commands he opens fire on a vehicle with three other suspects inside that were complying?

Like I said, judge, jury, executioner.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

If a police officer stops you and tells you to put your hands up but instead you reach for your pocket or waistband you have voluntarily waived your right to trial.
The eyewitness testimony of the deceased's friends exonerates the officer.

It seems some people are so anti-police that they throw common sense and eyewitness testimony right out the window for any opportunity to feed their own hate and ignorance- and then swear that's what the OTHER side does.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

He didn't open fire "on a vehicle", he didn't hit anyone but the suspect, great job officer.

Of course there will always be ignorant cop haters.

I guess ignorance and blind hatred would lead a stupid person to believe a cop should be shot a few times before he even deploys a flashlight.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I 90% agree with you.
the other 10% is Class-ism.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Apparently simply questionong the police is "cop-hating" now? Sorry, I will leave you guys alone to dehumanize this guy and justify his killing, have fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

So because one of the vehicles occupants resisted his commands he opens fire on a vehicle with three other suspects inside that were complying?

Like I said, judge, jury, executioner.

Maybe you should not hang out with criminals that carry guns. Bad things tend to happen to the people around them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join