It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardliners cement power in Iran, nuclear ambitions worry world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
TEHRAN (AFP) Dec 14, 2004
"Iran's Islamic regime remained at the centre of international concerns in 2004 by pressing on with a suspect nuclear programme, testing new ballistic missiles, ousting reformists from office and clamping down on dissent.
After an often turbulent experiment with reforms, powerful hardliners marked the Islamic republic's 25th anniversary by barring allies of President Mohammad Khatami from standing in February's parliamentary elections on the grounds of their questionable loyalty to the regime.

The huge blacklist handed the assembly, or Majlis, back into conservative hands."

("At the same time, Iran announced it had successfully upgraded its Shahab-3 missile and confirmed that arch-enemy Israel and US forces in the region were well within range.")

Iran Link

Deep into this article is a somewhat "backdoor" line about "the increased execution of minors" and the increased power of the revolutionary guard. Hardline Islamo-Fascist are solidifying power again. Iran is preparing for war with the west, and not because of GW.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If I was an Iranian religious leader, I would also want to have WMD just to secure the future of my country: Israel has WMD too.

Wouldn't it be more fair just to make that whole region WMD free- including Israel?

Blobber

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Blobber]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber

Wouldn't it be more fair just to make that whole region WMD free- including Israel?

It would be just as fair if everyone had them or indeed if everyone did not have them, so yes I partially agree with you.

Would what be really fair? If the whole world did not have them. Lets completely disband WMDs in every country.

But we all know this will NEVER happen, there is always someone than wants to be more powerful than the next. Its a terrible human trait.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Why is it so many can't begin to undertand that the US and Israel are to good guys. Muslim terrorist are the bad guys. Very simple. US/Israel GOOD..............Islam BAD. Islam wants to take over the world and FORCE a pagan god called Allah on us all. History going back 1500 years confirms that fact. The GOOG guys need Nukes to keep the BAD guys from winning. Bad guys shouldn't have Nukes.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
("At the same time, Iran announced it had successfully upgraded its Shahab-3 missile and confirmed that arch-enemy Israel and US forces in the region were well within range.")

Iran Link

Deep into this article is a somewhat "backdoor" line about "the increased execution of minors" and the increased power of the revolutionary guard. Hardline Islamo-Fascist are solidifying power again. Iran is preparing for war with the west, and not because of GW.

There's nothing wrong with them developing missiles like the ones in possesion of Israel.
Without adequate weaponry, Iran will likely be overthrown by the US or Israel.

The "backdoor" line about execution of minors was interesting.
They must have been jealous of the US, who currently ranks first in the world in death penalties given to minors.

mennolink.org
The U.S. leads the world in applying the death penalty to minors:

The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the American Convention on Human Rights, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child all prohibit execution for crimes committed before a person reaches the age of 18.

Since 1990, only seven countries have executed people for crimes they committed when under 18 years of age: Congo (Democratic Republic), Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Yemen, and the United States. The U.S. has executed more children than any of the other countries, 18 since 1990.

(sources: Amnesty International and Death Penalty Information Center)

It seems Iran is working to remove that penalty for minors:

Iranmania
Last month the judiciary said it has drawn up a bill that would scrap the death penalty and lashings for under-18s -- meaning the sentencing of the 16-year-old could be annulled.

Several Iranian human rights organisations and Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi have been lobbying Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahrudi, the head of the judiciary, not to sentence minors to death.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Nobel Prize is a complete joke. Jimmy Carter and Arafat won the stupid thing. The US does not lead the world in executing 'Minors". China does a pretty good job of that. Uncivilized and barbaric Muslim nations do a pretty good job of it too.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracidThe US does not lead the world in executing 'Minors". China does a pretty good job of that. Uncivilized and barbaric Muslim nations do a pretty good job of it too.

Can you back up that assertion?

It looks to me like the US leads the pack:
www.peskyfacts.com...

Just to stay on topic, I'm not worried about Iran's nuclear capabilities.
I don't think they have any intention of actually using a nuclear weapon.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The data you site would appear to be very condeming, however, it fails to indicate that such information is public knowledge in the US and "supressed" elsewhere. All part of a liberal plot to remove the death penalty from the US. Your data is false.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Why is it so many can't begin to undertand that the US and Israel are to good guys. Muslim terrorist are the bad guys. Very simple. US/Israel GOOD..............Islam BAD. Islam wants to take over the world and FORCE a pagan god called Allah on us all. History going back 1500 years confirms that fact. The GOOG guys need Nukes to keep the BAD guys from winning. Bad guys shouldn't have Nukes.

Hold on there, yesterday you implied that nuclear weapons are a divine gift from God.

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah. Data indicates it was a nuke of some type. The US got the atomic bomb first. Just Chance?

Doesn't it seems now that "your" God has abandoned you, by also giving the technology to "your enemy"?

Blobber

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

DrHoracid i think you are the funniest person on ATS
every day you are always here with you amusing replys that make me laugh so hard.

if there was a vote for the funniest person on ATS you would get it
and you would win every time.

please never stop with these replys
GOD SPEED DrHoracid

[edit on 14-12-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Het thanks, glad I can help. Me and Dangerfield we never get any respect.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Allah is the GOD of Christians and Jews. They just call him Allah. Christianity wants to take over the world just as much as Islam does so dont judge them. There is a saying that I heard a Hindu say"Every River ends up in the Ocean" To translate that for you it means that no matter what religion you practice you still worship the same GOD. Stop with your anti Islam bull crap and respect your brother.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Allah is the GOD of Christians and Jews. They just call him Allah. Christianity wants to take over the world just as much as Islam does so dont judge them. There is a saying that I heard a Hindu say"Every River ends up in the Ocean" To translate that for you it means that no matter what religion you practice you still worship the same GOD. Stop with your anti Islam bull crap and respect your brother.

Allah was the moon God. Muslims worship satan.

Allah Moon God

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

well said

guess you dont get sarcasm

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

well said

guess you dont get sarcasm

Guess you don't either

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Guess you don't either

always has been one of my problems
never have been able to take jokes like your self seriously

[edit on 14-12-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
(Allah=Moongod)= Hilarious

The evidence to support this is circumstantial at very best.
The article only really mentions two salient points....
Point one

The Moon-god was called al-ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times.

So basically because they were both called "the god" means they are the same
deity? So in other words if I started a totally new religion about a giant chicken named God I worship the same god as christians do? Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

Point two
That because the the "symbol of Islam" is a crescent they have to be the same.

Again this is ridiculous so by extension because there were Pagans who considered the cross a holy symbol Christians worship a Pagan god?

Crescent Moon: Symbol of Islam?
During the time of Mohammed Islam had no symbol it was only during the reign of the Ottoman Empire that the symbol of the crescent was adopted.

Please dont buy into this Anti-Muslim nonsense....

new topics

top topics

join