It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: th2356

I did not say "how" they stand their ground is the same, I said the mentality of standing your ground can be seen as a similar thought process in humanity. Their actions and reactions are different and not in question by me. It was meant as food for thought on Human thinking not as a defence of extremists.

I love you th2356, muah muah kissy kissy my lil cranky pants.

The mentality of standing their ground is completely different.

The cartoonist's mentality was that life isn't worth living if he's forced to silence himself because somebody threatened his life.

The killer's mentality is that his "ground" includes other people's thoughts and actions. His perceptions of what he doesn't like give him the authority to murder somebody.

Mentality isn't even close to the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

They also have the right to be rewarded with the Darwin Award.

So now you are in favor of killing innocents for speech you find offensive.
Guess your true colours are showing......

link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

Seems that you are blaming the gun for the death, in a manner of speaking.

While the US's foreign policies are responsible for a lot of crap, it is still the ultimate responsibility of those committing the atrocities.

Personal choice is what it boils down to. I may not like my neighbor, I may abhor how he behaves and how he talks to his neighbors, but when I choose to take action with a weapon it is all on me.

By your definition, we should blame women who dress provocatively for rapes... we should blame cute children for pedophilia... we should blame the store owner when the store is robbed.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. Islam has had several cycles of violent and aggressive behavior. Was it other's fault each time? Or does the fault lie within the extremist factions of Islam and those who follow that line of thinking?

I can imagine the outcry if Christians were to commit similar actions against those of Islam in the name of religion....it would simply not be tolerated. There would be such an outcry and denouncement ... yet where is the outcry against Islam? Where is the denouncement? The whole of Islam remains quiet as each atrocity is committed.

link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Your continued adherence to pseudo-psychology has no basis in reality.

link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

None of the extreme Islam stuff can be fixed until US government is destroyed.

I would disagree to that. It will take some reconciliation on both the sides.

Regarding this magazine office attack, it was bound to happen. Stupid editors were pushing the limits on Islamic reactions to the mocking of their religion. Some religions like Hinduism, Buddhist, Christianity etc. tolerate such mock and cartoons but Islamics are very sensitive to those acts and hence we see the terror attack.

Not condoning such response which was ofcourse barbaric but when playing with fire then please take appropriate precautions too. No need to invite angry persons to your doorsteps by conducting offensive actions in the first place.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: boymonkey74

I and all have every right to mpck your religion as I mock all religion.

Yes there is no doubt that even the immature have that right & deservedly so.

You had a clear and open chance to stand up against the extremism of your Muslim brothers. You could have stood up and said "What happened today is abhorrent, these people were innocent and didn't deserve to die."

But reading your posts regarding these events, you failed miserably. They deserve a Darwin Award? Really? Thanks for perpetuating the stereotype that all muslims are violent extremists.
edit on 7-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

People deserve to die because they tell the truth via political humor and satire?
That's rather extreme, don't you think???

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's a good way to twist what I said, extremely good way.

Well done!

link   

nah, IM saying the simple mentality of "i will stand for what I believe in" is a common trait in humanity.
You can disagree *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think this campaign of putting words like "deserved" into my digital mouth is what's truly extreme.

link   

Exactly...one exercises his rights of freedom, while the other chooses to remove those freedoms in the name of broken, lame, misguided religious thinking.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Who in the course of human history made the most impact toward positive change?

I will answer you, it was people like Jesus, Ghandi and others, who were willing to give their life for something other than themselves. That is what causes positive change.

People who are not willing to give anything, and only take, have made the most negative impact on human history.

edit on 7-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

a reply to: th2356

I did not say "how" they stand their ground is the same, I said the mentality of standing your ground can be seen as a similar thought process in humanity. Their actions and reactions are different and not in question by me. It was meant as food for thought on Human thinking not as a defence of extremists.

I love you th2356, muah muah kissy kissy my lil cranky pants.

Wanting to speak your mind through words or cartoons and wanting to kill someone, are two competely different thought prosesses. You must live in some alternate, bizrro universe.

I don't love you, and please keep your childish, icky kisses to yourself, thanks.

lol you'r posts are transparent.

Anyway if you cannot grasp what I am saying, then I am saying it wrong. Or you wont budge your brain to try.

Im not talking about ACTIONS> you are.

edit on 7-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You guys are almost ALL brainwashed!

This is a made up story . Fake. .

Geez complaining about offending each other when there is real high weirdness going on

Did anyone besides the two people who commented on it even watch the video?

Cop was NOT shot in head. He is alive and well somewhere tight now.

YIU CAN SEE WHERE THE BULLET RICOCHET OFF THE GROUND!

THERE IS NO BLOOD

this is a false flag. A made up story. Fake.

The question goes to motive

link   

a reply to: crazyewok

That's a good way to twist what I said, extremely good way.

Well done!

Well there is no other way to interpret that.

You could say:

" I find mocking Mohammed offensive, but I accept that in the west satire is done and people have the right to free speech. Murder is wrong and these attacks are unjustifiable and wrong."

That would be respected.

Saying those killed deserved a "darwin award" is practically saying they deserved to die.

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Another person quite comfortably putting the word "deserved" into my posts!

I await more of the same from others who do not understand humour!

I mean humour is universal, right?

& the whole idea of this thread is "if it's offensive, so what", right?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Go away and make a thread about it then.

Never seen such an apt username...

link   

a reply to: Bluesma

Thread link Bluesma?

Here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Humans!

link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: spy66

How do you know what IS militants will wear when they carry out an attack in another Country?

of course they don't want to be identified...

Of course IS would want to be identified. That is the Whole point With terrorism. The mesage is always to tell someone a Message, and the Message Works best When its not anonymous.

Why would they shout Allahu akbar if they wanted to be Anonymous?

I'm saying they covered their faces for a reason: To not be identified!!

They are still fighting for ISIS whichever way you look at it or maybe they are another group... there's plenty of options but they are definately 'Muslims' fighting for 'Mohammed' and 'Islam', you can clearly hear them say so in the videos

What they say and do might not have anything to do With ISIS. It might just as well be Our intelligence working behind the seen to force more political view Points onto us so that we will comply to act strong against Syira, Iraq or agianst Iran.
From Reading these posts it seams as it it working like a charm. People just dont have a mind to think With these days. They just jumpt to the very first conclusion that is presented to them.

This is built on the conspiracy Method. It is actually well know throught history that a government will do these Things.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join