It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Latest pic from Riems.

Those terrorists know they are coming for them now.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Police on the trail of three suspects

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

If ewoks eating sushi I want it also

I mean Iam a Monkey side kick for every occasion
Can I give you a tiny bowler hat and comically oversized cigar?
edit on 7-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Fair point Well as you asked i do :

The world needs to be a fairer place at the moment the west is like a leach on the worlds resources and food, I see so much waste on a daily basis , my friend for instance works on a Yacht for one of the microsoft boses and it has had no visitors for 2 years however they keep food ready for 70 people to go on board at a moments notice this all gets thrown away weekly while people starve. It is litrilly like the last days of Rome around where i live. I know there is 3rd world in western countries, however the injustices that are done on a regular ciclicul bases to the 3rd world are not acceptable and every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The people of the west need to look at what is done and has been done in their names and start working towards a better planet where no culture is left behind/ ( unfortunately this can only happen through a severe change in fiscal and political policy which is very unlikely to happen and i sympathise with the lack of power the people of the majority of western nations now weild IMHO none), used for a scapegating governmental agenda or in this case robbed blind.

But i digress back to topic treating the problem rather than the causal agent ( although that is important) .

Firstly government change can and only should come from the people of said country , outside influence either leads to a second revolution or a prolonged period of unrest and ultimately poverty and striffe (for the majority of the poppulance of said country hence the second revolution).

So basically regime change by force/sanctions/funding/greed etc is out, YOU here me America it is a bad idea and causes more problems then it solves!

Secondly we need to discard this word terrorist and report the situation as it is ie: a breakaway group calling itself isis , pashtun freedom fighters attacked another US convoy carrying drones ect( wrong on so many diffrent levels ).

Third the west needs to follow its moral compass end friendly relations with the house of Saudi would be a good start and that tit in jordan while there at it . But for god sake no sactions and keep dialogue open with all nations of the world and "terrorist groups" surely a slightly unsavoury parle is better than war death and disease, common ground exists hence why israel is buying oil from isis...

And finally stop with the fear i have spent many an occasion waiting in the ethnic line after 911 at airports ... what a waste of time and resources lets face it i can think of a million and 1 ways to reap 10 times the destruction any recent attack has caused. The west is its own worst enemy and our governments have the majority of us hook line and sinker , basic premise of control through fear and the way we have just layed down while freedom after freedom that our forefathers fought for are taken away from us is astonishing. Basic human rights ( water, freedom of speech, torture ) are no longer respected by our ruling elite and we cannot lead by example as we may have once .

However if we stop the Fear (alert levels/scapegoating/"terrorists") it will begin to send a message of peacerfull coexistence . Self fulfilling prophecies FEAR = PARANOIA = RESENTMENT = HATE . It doesnt matter if ISIS win let the middle east govern the middle east they will come to a peacefull rational conclusion given stability, time and space .
edit on 7-1-2015 by larapa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Already got them

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Last I saw they've identified the two gunmen as brothers trained in Yemen. Saw witnesses claiming they (the brothers) claimed to be AQ. Police have a residence completely surrounded.

I would be it's about to get loud.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm really hoping it's not a trap. Leaving ID in the getaway car just seems too easy.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Try and take them alive...

... then let the families of the victims deal with them in a closed area.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It wouldn't break my heart if after capture the two remaining killers just happen to slip on a banana a few dozen times before being taken away.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

AFP has more details from that police raid reportedly taking place in Reims in north-eastern France. A member of France's elite anti-terror unit has called on journalists at the scene to remain "vigilant", warning that there would "a showdown" or that the suspects could escape, the agency says.

From the bbc.

i hear one dead two arrested?
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Already got them
Sold. Sushi for all.

Anyone have a livestream for the standoff?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I heard 2 in custody 1 dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
All our countries have put up with a lot, but losing our freedom of speech/press is a no-go. Think about it.... look at our songs, poems, anthems, quotable quotes "Give me liberty (freedom) or give me death". We pride ourselves on our freedoms. It's our "thing" so to speak. I think I can safely say its the "thing" we hold most dear.

This is not going to work. Anybody who tries to take it will pay dearly. It will be really really bad. It's distressing to think about because I've studied American History (when forced to) and I know what we're capable of. It's not pretty. Same with the entire free world -- that's why we call it the "free world". We're proud of that.

And no, we are not interested whatsoever in changing. Even if it's rude, crude or insulting or provocative.

I don't like hurting other's people's feelings, or deliberate provocation. But it doesn't matter what I think.
Whatever they say or do, they have the right to say or do, and it will remain that way and without question, it should remain that way.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think people are putting too much stock into the ID thing.

This isn't some black op that needs deniability. If these guys are who they claim they are (or who witnesses say they claimed to be anyway) they don't care about being identified. If anything I would suggest they WANT to be identified, because they want the attention for their actions.

Is it strange they dropped an ID? Yea. But I'm not jumping on the "oh there's an ID must be planted these guys are black ops and wouldn't have been that careless" train.

They have training. That doesn't mean they're delta force.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm really hoping it's not a trap. Leaving ID in the getaway car just seems too easy.

Would not be surprised.

But most LE anti terrorist units are trained to spot rigged IEDs

link   

originally posted by: neo96

you are right i edited my post

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: neo96

you are right i edited my post

It would be karmic justice if the French still used the guillotine.

They should bring it out of retirement for those two.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Said Kouachi, Sherif Mourad Hamyd Kouachi and Reims in the center of the assault of RAID

These have been identified through an identification card forgotten in the Citroën C3 used in the attack

Apparently one of the suspects left his ID in the vehicle they used. Sounds pretty legit to me.

Reminds me of this one time someone found a passport of a terrorist on a side walk. After it had been blown up in a plane crash and survived without a scratch.
Sounds legit to me too.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: crazyewok

What I think we need is clear heads and a logical approach.

We need to accept there is a problem We need to avoid the knee jerk reactions of 9/11.
I actually agree on this. I really hope the French Government gives it's people time to mourn before turning their eyes on the country/countries that spawned this terrorist scum. I hope clearer heads DO prevail and there's a dialogue. I don't have any easy answers for the problem, I'm no game theorist or global think tank member. I'm just an upset girl in Tokyo stunned that this continues to occur.

After being to tokyo myself last year I may join you.

Japans seems a much more sane place thsn the EU or USA!
I love it here. Come on over, I'll buy the first round of Sushi.

I prefer takoyaki (probably spelled that wrong!)

Boy do I miss that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yes, but there is going to be a hell of a blood long fight trying to rein these extremist back in,

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join