It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Won a Third Term in Congress How is This a Democratic Process?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I always believed a fair system is a system that has term limits for every politician and an system that is fair and not based on money laundering.

But you support Putin? For all intents and purposes there are no term limits on the Russian President. In 2012 when Putin was asked about term limits for the position he said he was for them but that they wouldn't apply to him.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It wont matter because these congressman have to raise so much money to get and stay in office. Obviously that money comes from the wealthy businessmen who I'm sure have strings attached.

Get rid of corporate money in the election and legislation process and maybe we would have congressmen that voted based on their voters ideals and not big govt and big corporation interest.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

Was it garnered via violent coup? I am confused at what you are getting at.

exactly. it's not like it is the Ukraine where power was taken in a rebellion, ousting the democratically elected government. instead of using the democratic elections to decide who should run the country.
edit on 7-1-2015 by generik because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It's like a game of chess between 2 players. The audience really doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Boehner Won a Third Term in Congress How is This a Democratic Process?

You know its comical i am the one being attacked for my stances on Russia and how Russia some how is the most oppressive nation and has no free elections at all yet when you look at what happened in the Congress election outcome.

What makes you think America has a fair Democratic Process after this outcome? the same supposedly Democratic Process that your trying to spread in Arab countries and elsewhere?

This proves that your vote really doesn't matter, the elites already decided the outcome for 2016, so again how is this a fair Democratic Process? and something that other countries should have the same system?

I always believed a fair system is a system that has term limits for every politician and an system that is fair and not based on money laundering.

Just curious.

How does this prove it's not a democratic process?

Sounds more like a personal rant to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First, I think you're offbase on this post, as he was elected to House Speaker by the House members, not the American public.

Second, I can only take solice in the fact that my congressman, Thomas Massie, officially say days ago that he would not be voting for him. I'm one of the lucky ones--I have a congressman with whom I agree concerning his views on government and the role it should (or should not) play directly in the lives of the American citizens.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You're kidding right? Duh yeah dude the voters decide so who ever gets the most votes wins. Oh unless it's a presidential election and your brother is the governor of a state you clearly lost. Then it's decided in a court with the outcome in your favor. reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The us is a republic. So to expect democracy there is a waste if time.

To be fair. The congress voted for him.. He got over 200 votes. That is technically democracy.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

But you support Putin? For all intents and purposes there are no term limits on the Russian President. In 2012 when Putin was asked about term limits for the position he said he was for them but that they wouldn't apply to him.

That is off topic since this thread is on the American matter not Russian.

In 2012 when Putin was asked about term limits for the position he said he was for them but that they wouldn't apply to him
The same way it applies for the American presidents, its a in between fighting with elitist families and richest families of America with major connections either to the military and oil industry, so you really cant claim that Russia isn't Democratic either.

But you support Putin?

You support the following.
The Ukrankian new government chosen during a coup.
The Syrian Rebels.
The Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

How does this prove it's not a democratic process?

If it was a democratic process America right now would have being in a better position the fact how the majority of the Congress are chosen by money and power. Says a lot.

Your vote really doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why is it only bad because Bohner got elected to a third term, what a bot your Liberal Congress members like Dianne Fenstein and Charlie Rangel who have both been in power for more than 20 years.

If you 're going to call out one by name, why not all?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join