It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Won a Third Term in Congress How is This a Democratic Process?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You know its comical i am the one being attacked for my stances on Russia and how Russia some how is the most oppressive nation and has no free elections at all yet when you look at what happened in the Congress election outcome.

What makes you think America has a fair Democratic Process after this outcome? the same supposedly Democratic Process that your trying to spread in Arab countries and elsewhere?

This proves that your vote really doesn't matter, the elites already decided the outcome for 2016, so again how is this a fair Democratic Process? and something that other countries should have the same system?

I always believed a fair system is a system that has term limits for every politician and an system that is fair and not based on money laundering.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Huh, huh...you said boner.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

O its democratic.

Uninformed idiot voters voted him in.

Its not right, broken, effed up ect

Buts its democratic.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Of course always blaming the voters right? its always the voters fault for every four years, so if Jeb Bush wins or hillary its the voters fault to right?

Buts its democratic.

The same faces every four years with the same agenda on Jobs, and World yeah i would imagine its very democratic.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Never said that.

These career politicians are exploiting the apathey and ignorance of the masses.

They are still democratcially voted in though, just into a messed up broken system.

I never at any point said it was right or working correctly.
edit on 7-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

You know its comical i am the one being attacked for my stances on Russia and how Russia some how is the most oppressive nation and has no free elections at all yet when you look at what happened in the Congress election outcome.

Except, regardless of the outcome, he was elevated (albeit already had the position) via a democratic process within the House rules. It was democratically done, regardless of the People. We, the voters don't have a say outside of the persons we elect in determining House leadership. No democratic process was broken here.

What makes you think America has a fair Democratic Process after this outcome? the same supposedly Democratic Process that your trying to spread in Arab countries and elsewhere?

Was it garnered via violent coup? I am confused at what you are getting at.

This proves that your vote really doesn't matter, the elites already decided the outcome for 2016, so again how is this a fair Democratic Process? and something that other countries should have the same system?

Each and every member of the House was voted via popular vote; what more do you want?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

O its democratic.

Its not right, broken, effed up ect

Buts its democratic.

Not directed at you ewok

Speaker of the house isnt voted in by the public....they are voted in by their elected representatives......

And we all know they do whatever the hell they want........

So before people comment it would be nice if they knew how our system works.......

2. I find it appalling that this idiot got in again.......though we do know it was through intimidation .....

Term limits.......term limits........term limits
edit on 1/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Democracy is dead.
Half of the population are dumber than average and voting on rigged machines.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Term limits would be fantastic.

Wonder how much more Johnny boy is gonna tan...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Term limits would be fantastic.

Wonder how much more Johnny boy is gonna tan...

I hope so much that he turns Oompa Loompa complexion!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Term limits would be nice, but that doesn't apply here. The OP did not include a source so I'm forced to go on what he said in the post.

Boehner was not elected to a third term, Boehner was not even up for re-election this time around.

Now I'll assume:

Your referring to Boehner being picked for speaker of the house. He was picked by the members of the house. The members of the house a elected by the citizens. Sounds democratic to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This was driven also by fear. What would have happened if Boehner and Webster had come close to a 50/50 split and watched as Pelosi claimed the Speakership thanks to having an almost unified Democrat side of the aisle.

I despise John Boehner. I believe the man has proven time after time that he is little more than Obama's bitch. BUT, I despise the idea of Pelosi being speaker a lot more. At least Boehner maintains the illusion of resistance just long enough to obstruct the flow of other business items which would no doubt cost us all money and freedom.

In some ways it may not be so bad having Boehner in for the next two years. Look at it this way, Obama's popularity has collapsed since Boehner has held the position. Perhaps 2 more years of the same will push the entire thing off the cliff and ensure America doesn't fall for the next snake oil salesman who promises "Hope and Change."

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Tonight I saw a story on the age of some of the GOP committee heads. 79, 80, 80, 81....... 78% of Congress is millionaires, most are white males, a large percentage are lawyers..... not only is it no longer Democratic, its hardly representative either. Its leverage, favors, corruption, blackmail, strong arming..... totally out of the public's control any more. You get to vote for one of the two choices they offer to you, both already bought and sold regardless of the side, thanks to the new political donation laws.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I find this to be very disheartening, this Representative has already lied to the American people. However, we do not vote for the leadership of the Party. That is done among the Republicans in congress. They vote for whomever they want to lead. Although I do not understand how they could have voted for one that deceived the American voters.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hope and Change may not be the slogan of the next president but people will be voting to do just that unless your thinking everyone wants more of the same we had with Obama?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Im 35 from ohio and i must say i dont know much about the man he is from ohio 3rd in line to president but on issues
dont know much he is republican and fight obama on everything or so i heard.
To make a joke i know his face is so red most of the time from fake tan beds that it looks like his tie is to tight
and his head might pop off ...lol laugh people laugh

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Let me see if i follow: so because America doesn't have congressional term limits, that means Russia is super swell?

Having trouble following that logic.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
removed

For the record I do support Congressional term limits, but your thread is flawed.

ETA: Wait a second, Boehner wasn't even up for reelection. Strike all that above. This thread is complete nonsense.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Title of your thread is very incorrect.

John Boehner is in his 13th term as a congressman.

He was just elected to be the Speak of the House for a third time.

Election to become Speaker of the House is NOT a public election, but is an election held by the House.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join