It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk May Unveil Mars Colony Plans This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It sounds like Elon Musk is getting serious about setting up shop on Mars. In this article, he is reported as saying that humans should settle Mars or risk going extinct. His plan of building a HUGE spaceshhip to get humans there by 2026 sounds ambitious but anything is possible with SpaceX.

In a Reddit Ask Me Anything Q&A session on Monday, Musk outlined plans to build a gargantuan spaceship that could transport material and colonists to Mars. He wrote that he hopes to unveil blueprints for the transport system and a chic astronaut suit later this year.

“The Mars transport system will be a completely new architecture,” he wrote. “Am hoping to present that towards the end of the year.”

Back in June, Musk, who founded and serves as both chief executive and top technology officer of the private space travel company SpaceX, said he hopes to send humans to the red planet by 2026.

What says ATS?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ya right, like we are gonna make it to 2026.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Elon Musk gives me the willies.....and his space x corporation worries me somewhat...he seems a little too in with the government (sort of like Halliburton)...I get the impression he is trying to monopolize space as much as possible.....
Anybody else get the creepy crawlies from this guy?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

No I do not think he is creepy. I think he is the Wernher Von Braun of the 21st Century. He may be a little eccentric, but look at some of the greatest minds of the last Century were they not the same? Tesla, Huges, Einstein, the list goes on people thought they were a little weird also but look what they did for humanity IMO this man will go down in history as one of the greats!!!

Mark my word hes well on his way with Space X and Tesla Motors look who he named his car company after. even if he is trying to monopolize space who cares no one else is doing it. We need someone like him to get the ball rolling. Corps will see how he is making money and changing humanity and join in the race. We need men like him they only come along once in a blue moon and we need to support this guy not criticizes him.

The man is amazing, our children will be pretending they are him one day and I dont think thats a bad guy to emulate.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Musk has more credibility in his pinky finger than Bas and the whole Mars One TV show wanna be's.

It is interesting how extremely successful people react. Musk simply picks more and more difficult tasks after he succeeds. However with SpaceX generating a profit off government contracts he can develop some of the critical systems needed for a Mars colony. Like the guy can't afford a few top notch engineers to flesh out a viable proposal.

Who would own the colony? Musk if he financed and built it all himself? Could he claim all of Mars as his 'country'? Wow....lots of issues coming down the road eventually.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I don't think anyone or any country can claim any celestial body as their own due to the UN 1967 outer space treaty.

en.wikipedia.org...

But If you are the only one there who is stopping you from claiming it? lol I guess it will be the cause of the first space war.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I say awesome. This ain't no caveman game, that's for sure.

originally posted by: lostbook

What says ATS?

edit on 7-1-2015 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Whatever people.have it your way....I think hes simply fronting for somebody else.....shadow government? Rothschilds? IDK but somethings just not kosher with this guy....IMHO of course....cheers.

new topics

top topics

join