It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my job today cause it's SLOW,,,!! U ready to hear this!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"Eureka moments" are great! Good luck in your endeavors...and thanks for teaching me something new: bubble tea! It sounds delicious...and fun!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chefspicy
And wage wasn't great just two bucks above min wage and I have 16 yrs experience in Thx Industry . I have been here for 19 monthsreply to: Sinter Klaas

I don't have a clue how much minimum wage is over there. The 2 Dollars probably create a big difference.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Never heard of it in my life! Are there flavors, etc? What is it compared to..a health drink or a milk shake or other?

Anyways - good luck OP!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Bubble tea is yummy. But I have to admit, the texture of the tapioca pearls kind of freaked me out at first.

It can be made in all different sorts of ways ranging from just plain old sweet tea to a milkshake consistency.

Hot or cold, tangy or sweet. You can make it uber health conscience or tooth achingly sweet. The original recipe is made from tea, but you can also make it with coffee, fruit juices, etc.

The "bubble" aspect is just simply the round tapioca pearls giving it a cool look.

These drinks sell like crazy in any public venue, probably because of the variety of flavours and the attractive look of them.

I think the OP has a great idea of selling them at hockey games !

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Interesting!

What is the point of the tapioca pearls? Taste?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I'm thinking it's just a 'decor' thing maybe ?

Because the tapioca pearls don't have much flavour to them, it's the freaky texture thing of having a big round soft chewy ball fly up your straw and into your mouth.

... which makes me think kids would love this drink.

LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Bubble tea is some good stuff. I wish you the best of luck with that.

Sometimes one door is closed so a better one can open.

And the tapioca pearls don't have much flavor, but what there is is a cool sort of roasty flavor.
edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Okay, being the Curious George that I am, I had to google tapioca to find out exactly how and what it's made from and here's what I discovered:

So basically, tapioca is just a sort of 'jello dough' (for lack of better terminology). I'm thinking you could probably add to the tapioca and make all kinds of different flavourings and colourings ?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Now that we're on the subject...

What a great idea to serve as a drink at a kid's birthday party !

How much fun would that be for the kiddies sucking up little 'jello' balls in a flavourful healthy drink (because you can make it any way you want).

Tapioca pearls apparently come in a huge variety of colours:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've never heard of Bubble Tea until reading this, don't get out much I guess, LOL. Good luck with your endeavor, sounds very interesting.

It sucks getting let go, happened to me three days before Christmas with 30 yrs in my trade.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Well those at least look more refreshing. The dark globs of gelatinous goo, not so much. LoL!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's frog spawn

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Our local Chinese restaurant makes Boba tea and there is a stall down at our Farmer's Market that sells it all summer. It's so good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join