It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my job today cause it's SLOW,,,!! U ready to hear this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hello everybody name is chefspicy, was cooking at the only decent restaurant in my small town of campbellton,nb..( more on this crapy town in a bit)..
So at 8pm my awesome boss ( not a joke this guy is awesome, open bar staff parties, and cash when I need a loan) says srry but I have to let you go i can pay your two weeks severance and you can apply for EI ( Canadian employment insurance bullshat)...
Ok so I'm standing there thinking... Wtf. Serious I come to work early close without questions asked as everyone else asks to leave early but they want their hrs.. Now I'm being told there is not enough to go around. But I don't drink on the job or come in wasted or hung over or strung out,and I'm one of the best line cooks they have and I'm hearing this....

Anywho ,,,I get home take my meds and think about the situation ..
I'm not going to get a raise or advamcemt working her in the near future, this place was stressing me the fack out also so maybe it's for the best ...
I have been looking into opening my own business here .. A bubble tea /boba tea shop, and while chatting with my friend, a light bulb moment happened... I'm going to make 2000$ this next month selling bubble tea from mall tables and at hockey games hopefully, if things go my way. And get ppl familar with bubble tea (Google bubble tea if you never heard of it)... The point of this rant
I have been asking myself what I need to do to work for myself and how to put it in motion, and ironicly during a full moon this comes to mind and how I'm going to work the next couple months... Funny how sometimes these urekia ideas come at the best and funniest moments and most needed..
I will keep you informed about my journey and project to being self employed!

One love everyone! Remember there is good out of most bad situations just take the time to sit back relax and think about your options and make a proper decision..

ONE LOVE
edit on 6-1-2015 by Chefspicy because: Spelling

edit on 6-1-2015 by Chefspicy because: Sentence structure n fat finger miss spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Best of luck to you.
Have a good adventure.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chefspicy

Good for you. You didn't wallow in pity and made the best of a bad situation. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I wish you luck in your new business.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well good for you for looking at the silver lining. I have been self employed for 7 years now and will never go back!! I know the us and canada are different, but if you ever need any biz advice, feel free to message me. I love sharing my story and giving advice.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I wish you a world of luck and fortune in your new endeavors.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Life gives you lemons...

Make Bubble Tea ?

Best of Luck.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thx a bunch! a reply to: alishainwonderland

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Muahahahahaha , you sir get a lemonade bubble tea if your ever in campbellton!..a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You need advertising !

So what you gonna do, you distribute flyers and/or adds Hoping people will come.... No

You start taking pics withpeople drinking your stuff and enjoy themselves with some good one liners maybe.
The pics however must be uploaded with a program or whatever that belongs to google or any other big search network, that will increase your popularity a lot because they will let the pics uploaded by their own sister companies come in first.

This means you will become one of the first adds they see when they google for you bubble tea.

Just an idea

Edit to say that the reason you might be left off was because you were the one over payed and he could hire 3 or 4 guys for the same money, nu I dunno that

edit on 1/6/2015 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
And wage wasn't great just two bucks above min wage and I have 16 yrs experience in Thx Industry . I have been here for 19 monthsreply to: Sinter Klaas

edit on 6-1-2015 by Chefspicy because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I hope you do good with your business venture. Now I have to go off and find out what bubble tea is.

I did some research. I guess I won't make a good customer, I like coffee. I bet a lot of people would like that stuff though.
edit on 6-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What a cool idea, I love it!

Bubble tea is a fun drink - think of it as a fruit smoothie with huge tapioca balls floating around. Or you can have it without the tapioca pearls. Kids love it as the tapioca "pearls" are fun to chew on. Awesome drink in the summer.

I wish you huge success and happiness. I'm so sorry about the loss of your job but I love your attitude.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hey Mate,

Congrats, it takes balls to get out there and do something yourself

Ive worked as a business coach back in OZ and mainly helped start ups or failing companies so I have an idea of what Im talking about here so bare with me.

1st off, Living in Asia for the past 6 years Im very familiar with Bubble tea, I havent been in a Western country for awhile but last time I was Bubble tea franchises were mainly frequented by Asian customers, Is there a large Asian community where you are?

2nd Is there any other Bubble tea sellers where you are? Im assuming no from the way you suggested people may not have heard of it. If its a saturated market dont even bother but if your the 1st then all good.

3rd for your product dont bother with online marketing, a FB page is plenty initially, yours isnt an item that people are going to google prior to purchasing especially if its not a product your potential customers are familiar with. 1 of the biggest mistakes alot of start ups make is investing large amounts of time, energy, effort and $$$ on an online presence or web page only to find 6 months later that the 200 visits they had were from friends and family who are just looking out of curiousity and already knew all about the business/product.

4th Location location location, you need to be in a high volume foot traffic area, yours is not a product people will travel for miles to buy but will drop in if they are walking past or work nearby.

5th before you go investing anything do your market research? What is your potential customer base? Will it suit the local palette? can your customers afford to buy it regularly?

6th Many 1st time business owners are very unrealistic with their projected earnings, most have the mentality of "if I build/supply it they will come/buy it" This is 90% of the time is not the case. What are you basing your 1st months projected earnings on? Is the $2000 net or gross profit? Will you need to employ people? whats the cost of equipment? how much will permits and health and sanitation checks cost? etc etc

To start a business is easy, to keep a business running successfully and profitably can be difficult especially when starting out and doubly especially when introducing a new product into a market.

With the right Planning, Preparation and Marketing (or PPM) almost anything can be a viable business as long as you keep your expectations realistic. Many new business owners become disenfranchised (unintended business related pun there) when the business fails to meet there early expectations. Realistically (depending on the business and start up capital) you should not expect to turn a profit or be in the green for at least a few months, but hard work and perseverance combined with PPM will pay off.

Not sure if you have already considered this andI dont wanna teach you to suck eggs so to speak so Ill stop here but if you need any advice or help I would be happy to discuss via email or Skype, but be warned!!!
If I help you turn a small mall stall into a world wide Bubble Tea conglomerate I will expect free Bubble tea for life

Best of luck and would be more than happy to have a chat

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Lovely rant. I learned things. I googled bubble tea and also learned about grass jelly. Thanks.

Best of luck with your new venture!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Thx you so much for the info. I will deff keep in touch. [email protected] .... I will keep in touch especially since u have seen it in Asia.. Thx.. One lovea reply to: IkNOwSTuff

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I always say you learn somthing new every day! One love a reply to: Iamschist

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Onward, and upward.....good thinking bud....no grass growing under your size tens....carry on carrying on!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I love your thinking good luck to you.

Don't just limit yourself to bubble tea offer other drinks that you know that sell and watch the trends in what's what in the beverage world.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hey, worked in marketing for the world's largest company in its field, for over 5 years. My advice, dont project profits this early on, dont expect or plan for good sales. It will take much time to get the word out, to establish.

Let me know if you have marketing questions.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Good for you fella.
BTW is bubble tea fizzy tea?.
If so Iam gonna soda stream me tea...do you add milk?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join