It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber driver: Cop attacked me, took my car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes, even off-duty cops seem to be getting into the action now, and a 16 year veteran officer at that!

A veteran Boston police officer is facing charges after he allegedly assaulted an Uber driver—but the cop says he was really the victim. According to a police report, Michael Doherty, 40, a veteran of 16 years, was riding in an Uber car early Sunday when he verbally accosted the driver, the Boston Globe reports.

The verbal insult was reportedly a racial slur against the Latino driver. Then the cop reportedly stole the car when the driver stopped and got out!

Full News Article

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Seriously WTF????

Am I reading right the cop had a black eye? The world is crazy.

Edit:

Here is a link within the article.

It seems to me he got the black eye and injuries from the good samaritan that pulled him off the driver he was attacking. Also it looks like the cop has a history of getting into trouble.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Yes, even off-duty cops seem to be getting into the action now, and a 16 year veteran officer at that!

A veteran Boston police officer is facing charges after he allegedly assaulted an Uber driver—but the cop says he was really the victim. According to a police report, Michael Doherty, 40, a veteran of 16 years, was riding in an Uber car early Sunday when he verbally accosted the driver, the Boston Globe reports.

The verbal insult was reportedly a racial slur against the Latino driver. Then the cop reportedly stole the car when the driver stopped and got out!

Full News Article

What?? A cop using a racial slur?

Inconceivable!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Yeah, and after the cop finished verbally berating the Uber driver...

.... the Uber driver stopped near East 2nd and M streets, and Doherty began hitting him, Champlin said. The Uber driver got out of his car and was chased around it by Doherty, Champlin said. The Uber driver flagged down a good Samaritan for help and Doherty got into the Uber vehicle and took off, according to Champlin. The Uber driver got into the good Samaritan’s vehicle and they gave chase.

Imagine that, a reverse police chase! And if that was not weird or bizarro enough, the cop's lawyer is claiming that he (the cop) is the real victim in this case. Now there's a big set of B*ll's for ya...

new topics

top topics

join