It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annnnd number 3. Just felt yet another quake in Dallas. Update: 2.9mag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There was another one earlier this hour, making it 7 quakes in one day here. Still from the Fox 4 facebook, no article.

www.facebook.com...

UPDATE: Sigh...make that earthquake #7... 1.6M at 11:02 p.m.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I really like the no water from fracking theory, ground settling back down after water drains off. I know there is a giant underground aquifer under the area, I forget the name but they removed a massive amount of water from it in the 80's. I live 60 miles north of Dallas proper and have researched it. Water draining into aquifer sounds plausible to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh how stupid of me! Totally disregard! The fracking water never infiltrates our clean ground water.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Curiously, the Irvine, Texas quakes continue - they just aren't in the press any more. Even USGS.gov listed the most recent quake in the Dallas area, near Midfield, as "7 miles WNW of Midlothian, Texas." But you can see by this map, that Irvine is almost due north of Midlothian.

earthquaketrack.com...
QUAKES IN MIDLOTHIAN/IRVINE, TEXAS

edit on 9-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Curiously, the Irvine, Texas quakes continue - they just aren't in the press any more. Even USGS.gov listed the most recent quake in the Dallas area, near Midfield, as "7 miles WNW of Midlothian, Texas." But you can see by this map, that Irvine is almost due north of Midlothian.

earthquaketrack.com...
QUAKES IN MIDLOTHIAN/IRVINE, TEXAS

It's Irving, actually.

The quakes actually have slowed down but there was another 2.6 this morning in the same spot as the others. There was only one in Midlothian but I'm sure it's part of the same fault.

The news was abuzz about the 10 or 11 quakes we had in the same spot in about 27 hours but it has since slowed down.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the correction. I used to live in S. California, where there was an Irvine in Orange County, I believe.

Yes, Irving (Dallas) has been quiet today, in terms of earthquakes. But Oklahoma seems to be rockin' n rollin' more than usual today. And more of the quakes are trending up toward Kansas:

earthquaketrack.com...
EARTHQUAKE TRACK: OKLAHOMA

earthquake.usgs.gov...
usgs: OKLAHOMA'S SEISMICITY
With all recent quakes plotted, this confirms the trend of Oklahoma quakes northward.

Although Oklahoma's Seismic Hazard map shows the most vulnerable area is south (not north), near the Texas border.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
USGS: OKLAHOMA'S SEISMIC HAZARDS

www.kwch.com...
HUMBOLDT FAULT RUNS FROM OMAHA, NEBRASKA, SOUTH TO OKLAHOMA CITY

edit on 10-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join