It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Active shooter' reported at El Paso military hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The Army is searching for a suspect after an "active shooter" was reported at a West Texas military hospital.

Fort Bliss spokesman Gil Telles (TEH'-yehs) says an "active shooter" has been confirmed at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso. Telles says he has no information on casualties or arrests. However, the entire hospital complex and its adjacent veterans' hospital have been placed on lockdown.

'Active shooter' reported at El Paso military hospital

Really hoping this is resolved quickly, peacefully and without any loss of life or injuries. We really don't need this kind of thing right now.

Anyone from the area with any additional information?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

EL PASO, Texas – Police confirmed with KFOX14 they are assisting Fort Bliss on reports Tuesday of an active shooting at the VA clinic next to the William Beaumont Army Medical Center.
Viewers say they’ve seen heavy police activity in the area of Fred Wilson Avenue and Alabama Street, and all traffic has come to a stop.
Clarence Davis , a spokesperson for WBAMC, said the commander instructed officials to place the medical center on lockdown because of an active shooter at the VA clinic.
The gates have been closed in that area.
A spokesperson for the El Paso Police Department said they are assisting Fort Bliss officials with traffic control.
A news crew is headed to the scene to gather more information.
Stay tuned for updates on this developing story.

Link

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I see I was late posting.

I'll contact mods.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread. Thanks.

top topics

join