It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net Neutrality Fear Mongering: "You'll Pay More Taxes" - Not Substantiated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ok, all that tells me is they just want to stop it so they don't have to deal with it at all. It doesn't tell me that they have no way of getting around it, and gaining some sort of special treatment for their generous contributions.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hmm

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: interupt42

I'm paying for 50mb download speeds why shouldn't I get 50mb download speeds?

Yeah, and ?

Have you ever been throttled down?

I haven't.

I have. Know when? When the ISP's have gotten to ignore Net Neutrality as part of their trial runs in localized markets.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The great wide web,
was Made to be used by All equally and freely.
America can Not say the web belongs to them.
so this should be a World vote!

it has been left free for so long
so that we are all (world) can NOT live with out it.
business well most of are lives are don by the web.

It is like coming along and saying
you now Pay for your legs!
yes you Can live with out them, but!

how many business will lose 90% of sales with out the web?
and they say teroists are bad?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah I am for free market capitalism. Where the market DICTATES pay,bandwidth speeds, and if people don't like the service they can go elsewhere.

You really don't know much about the internet providers do you? In some places around the nation you have maybe one or two providers to choose from.

The only function of government is to get the hell out of the way.

Not when it comes to the internet. Who do you think built the internet? The government built it with tax payer dollars. So no company should be allowed to control bandwidth to extort more money from their customers.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Comcast already arbitrarily extorted NetFlx by slowing down their content to end users until NetFlix paid even more.

I dumped comcast for this very reason, in fact, when I called them to talk about the poor netflix quality they played stupid. I understand how bandwidth can be controlled and they were outright lying, because I did my own independent tests.

Anyhow if Net Neutrality will equalize everything like you say, then I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Net Neutrality Dilemma is a consequence of the monopoly situation indulged by city governments. Governments love monopolies. If there were competition, that is, multiple ISPs at every address, the band width hard ware would be constantly growing, updated and evolving, and the price would be lower also.

Government strikes again.

Allow competition for internet service at every address.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001
Exactly. Or at least till the free market capitalists get big enouph to afford to buy politicians and become government. Its just a merry go round. The best thing anybody can do is just know that its all propaganda, everything in every piece of media out there. The internet to sooner or latter will become just the same dross thing you see every day on the TV. It does not matter who wins, its just a matter of time.

But still it would be better then getting the government and big corps in charge, then we will have nothing but regurgitated crap they spew everywhere on there other controlled medias on the internet as well, day in and day out, generation after generation, till everybody becomes nothing but little bots. I mean more so then they already are now.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Bumping Bill's thread for more valuable info on "Net Neutrality"

This issue has been around for some time, and should be talked about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join