It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Again...But THIS Time, I finally I Got an AMAZING Recording. I Need Your Help Deciphering!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I can tell you exactly what it is. I've heard the same sound many a time on Whidbey Island and seen what causes it. What you are hearing is a large container ship (or other large ship). You are hearing both the diesel engine and the sound of the propeller (especially when the ship is light and high in the water). The amazing thing is that it can be very dependent on the right atmospheric conditions. I've personally seen big ships go by without a sound, and yet other smaller ones go by (from many miles off) where it sounds like a freight train on your doorstep. I suspect when you heard it, it was probably fairly cold? The sound will travel better in cold. The wind (or lack thereof) can also change how far the sound travels.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Sorry about that, Charlyv! I had a couple of other people I was communicating with about this. I had to go back and look, and you're right...I never sent it. My apologies, I didn't realize I had missed someone.

Now that it's been figured out, do you still want a copy? (and yes, you nailed it!)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Where in SE QLD? I've lived here 30 years and never, ever heard WCs sound before. a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I can DEFINITELY hear it Tara, on my laptop and with the headphones that came with my iPhone. It gave my chest a heavy feeling listening to it, definitely in my mind conjures up images of Volcanoes rumbling and plates shifting. I can imagine how humbling it'd feel to hear that outside and so loudly too. Great job of finally capturing it so well! I remember you got it ages ago and you could hear it but it was way way fainter than this!

edit on 11/1/2015 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove
Using them too, awesome qualities. Try it without dolby too.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

You analyze a MP3 file? You know most frequencies get cut out because the human ear cannot hear them anyways. To save space, this is why a MP3 is 10 times smaller.

BTT:
Edit: Every morning, exactly at 5:30, 7 seconds before the church bells ring, I can hear the motor running the ropes. But only in one room - my bedroom. The house is 600-700 meters away from the church. I lived 17 years of my life in a house right next to that church and never heard that sound. The church is 48m high, I just found out when I asked the priest if I could watch the bells ringing in the morning and went up there some minutes before the bells will ring. I´m sure it´s the sound of the motorwind, coiling the ropes.
However, its not as nearly as loud as the sound you recorded.
edit on 14-1-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join