It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference in protestors.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ok then.......if you guys dont like that example how bout this......

Ferguson/Black Lives/Police Protesters :
Group of people get together because they dont like they way they feel they are being treated.....
Gather in groups, burn buildings, loot stores, tear apart the city, turn over cop cars, stop traffic, interrupt travel, interrupt families during the Christmas season, storm universities and disrupt speaking engagements that have NOTHING to do with their situation, yell racist slogans -everyone says they deserve to have their voices heard and they are just upset......

Tea-Party:
Another group of people get together, because they dont like the way they are being treated.....
Gather in groups, stand outside of the capitol and other government places, protest peacefully, do not cause a disturbance
Do not stop traffic, do not tear up anything around them even clean up their own trash, invite anyone of any race to join them. - Public calls them racist and and extreme

Anyone see a cerebral disconnect here?
edit on 1/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Well you have to factor in a drop in lawsuits against the NYPD too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Well you have to factor in a drop in lawsuits against the NYPD too.
Exactly. So issuing less citations would make MORE financial sense to a city than issuing more.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Ok then.......if you guys dont like that example how bout this......

Ferguson/Black Lives/Police Protesters :
Group of people get together because they dont like they way they feel they are being treated.....
Gather in groups, burn buildings, loot stores, tear apart the city, turn over cop cars, stop traffic, interrupt travel, interrupt families during the Christmas season, storm universities and disrupt speaking engagements that have NOTHING to do with their situation, yell racist slogans -everyone says they deserve to have their voices heard and they are just upset......

Tea-Party:
Another group of people get together, because they dont like the way they are being treated.....
Gather in groups, stand outside of the capitol and other government places, protest peacefully, do not cause a disturbance
Do not stop traffic, do not tear up anything around them even clean up their own trash, invite anyone of any race to join them. - Public calls them racist and and extreme

Anyone see a cerebral disconnect here?

You realize that only a small percentage of protesters looted and burned...like maybe 5%...they rest were pretty peaceful.

So, you just did what the main stream media does to us incessantly, you put a whole group of people in one large stereotype to negate any meaningful message or significance.

Many people are doing that to the police. I know there are some good cops out there. Do you know that there are some good protesters that have a vested interest in bettering their communities by fighting against excessive police use of force?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And no one is lining up friendly protesters and assulting them. Only the looting criminals, 'violently flailing' protesters and idiots dumb enough to join in were and will be arrested. And they deserve it imo
edit on 6-1-2015 by TopCat1 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No I watchd most of protests live , and in every single one there were racial insults towards white people being hurled......

and in every single one there were instances of someone doing something STUPID and getting arrested.....

There is a clear clear difference in the way these protests played out........

To deny that is the hight of dishonesty........

You dont even have to like the Teaparty, but whatever your views, there is one fact......they are actively making a change and gaining power .......and it wasnt because they were violent racist hudlums......

Their method worked........

This one of disruption, violence, destruction and racism will not.........

There is NO denying the amount of racial division coming out of these protests, and its not coming from anyone else but them.........

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Trouble is the police are protesting for their "right" to strangle black men on the street, while those you decry as "thugs" are protesing for their right to not be strangled on the street.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

Trouble is the police are protesting for their "right" to strangle black men on the street, while those you decry as "thugs" are protesing for their right to not be strangled on the street.

Ive not heard one police officer say anything of the sort........

When will the dishonesty stop? anyone in their right mind knows this is not true......

And anyone with a thimble full of intelligence knows that not all cops are bad, infact the majority arent......

If this blanket statement works for the cops, then why arent you guys using the same blanket statements when some of the protesters get out of line? Then I guess the whole lot should be dealt with too?

Hypocrisy and dishonesty will NOT fix this situation.......TRUTH, LOVE, and UNITY will

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

Ive not heard one police officer say anything of the sort........

When will the dishonesty stop? anyone in their right mind knows this is not true......

And anyone with a thimble full of intelligence knows that not all cops are bad, infact the majority arent......

If this blanket statement works for the cops, then why arent you guys using the same blanket statements when some of the protesters get out of line? Then I guess the whole lot should be dealt with too?

Hypocrisy and dishonesty will NOT fix this situation.......TRUTH, LOVE, and UNITY will

I'm not blanketing all cops - I certainly could, but in this instance, I'm not.

An action by the NYPD that resulted in a man's death has come under scrutiny and the NYPD responds by going into protest mode. It's pretty clear-cut, the NYPD has its nickers in a twist because apparently people don't like when cops strangle people on the sidewalk

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

I agree the incident in NY was a travesty and it needs to be investigated further, theres no reason why those cops should not be charged in his death......

However, the cops arent doing this as a show against the protesters for anything else......

They are doing it as a demonstration against Bloomberg, I feel that has been a long time coming, the guy is a complete disaster....

What the mayor needs to do is show his commitment to root out corruption.....just MHO

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

No I watchd most of protests live , and in every single one there were racial insults towards white people being hurled......

and in every single one there were instances of someone doing something STUPID and getting arrested.....

There is a clear clear difference in the way these protests played out........

To deny that is the hight of dishonesty........

You dont even have to like the Teaparty, but whatever your views, there is one fact......they are actively making a change and gaining power .......and it wasnt because they were violent racist hudlums......

Their method worked........

This one of disruption, violence, destruction and racism will not.........

There is NO denying the amount of racial division coming out of these protests, and its not coming from anyone else but them.........

You miss the point again brother, but you said it right there. You said, "...in every single one there were racial insults towards white people being hurled......and in every single one there were instances of someone doing something STUPID and getting arrested....."

That means that there was a small percentage of agitators at every single protest you watched...a small contingent of criminals...but what about the thousands upon thousands of other protesters that didn't do stupid things or say anything insulting. And speaking of insults...what about those white Cardinals fans with the Nazi salutes during a fergason protest?

My point still stands.. most protesters are peaceful and not criminals or racists. To deny that is the height of dishonesty.

Let's talk about the tea party...There have been a lot of stupid hateful things said by tea party people. They are no different or better than any of the Fergason protestors. They're better than the criminals that burned the buildings and looted, of course. but not the demonstrators. See how that's two separate groups? That's what you're missing.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TopCat1
a reply to: Mumbotron
I know this to be true. Especially in downtown Santa Cruz, Ca where off-duty officers were actually caught on film and busted for it. But considering the amount of people/thugs in the area that would opportunisticly murder you and/or your children for twenty bucks, is there a chance their tactics were meant to bring out the worst criminals to the forefront so they can be apprehended? Not that I agree with this scenario, as it obviously would create victims of business owners by inciting a riot (not to mention rights violations)ut what IF the business owners were paid? And not only in insurance money? The cops who did it still got paid. And with bonuses probably. At least we got the bad guys? Or should we protest! (Sarcasm) I'm totally down with thug removal. Even if it involves entrapment. We need to seperate the bad seeds. I'd donate my storefront to this cause if it prevented innocent victims from robberies beatings and worse.

Your story is undercover work... which is different from an agent provocateur using violence to stop a peaceful protest. People have a right to protest. It is written into the U.S. constitution. Police officers who violate the constitution should be fired along with whomever issued the orders. If you think this is acceptable you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany.

edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: moved /quote

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think it's the other way around. No one cares who (Or how many) protests peacefully. "Occupy Wall Street" acompilished nothing, just like any other peaceful protest in the US or in my country, for example.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join