It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang? More Like The Big Who Gives A #.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

What you wrote made me think of this video. I would have loved to meet this man.

Truly a revolutionary. A visionary of our modern times. Equal parts Scientist and Philosopher. I only wish more people could strive to be like him.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: doorhandle

I had this conversation with my father. He recognizes gravity since it is observable, but still a theory. However the tone of his voice changes when he mentions the "Big Bang Theory" as if it's a special kind of "theory". He said to me "it's only a theory". Of course he is also very religious and a "born again" Christian.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

As sound cannot travel in a vacuum even more so in a vacuum that did not even exsist at that point

Not a true statement for space since it has cosmic dust in it acting as a propagation medium for sound

www.nasa.gov...

The Perseus cluster black hole's B-flat, by contrast, is 57 octaves below middle C or one million, billion times lower than the lowest sound audible to the human ear! In terms of frequency (the time it takes a single sound wave to pass by), the lowest sounds a person can hear is 1/20th of a second. The Perseus black hole's sound waves have a frequency of 10 million years!

You may be wondering how a sound wave can travel through space. After all, sound waves require some sort of stuff to move through. This stuff, called a medium, can be air, water, or even solid rock. And space is thought of as lacking any medium because it is a vacuum.

In fact, space is not a pure vacuum but rather it contains stray bits of stuff -- gas atoms and dust of varying amounts. In the case of the Perseus cluster, the gas throughout it serves as the medium through which the sound waves coming from the central black hole travel.

Sound waves emanating from a black hole

Still image from animation of sound waves generated in perseus cluster

+ Click here for video
The sound waves were indirectly detected using the Chandra telescope because the cluster gas is very hot and thus emits an especially energetic form of light called X rays, as well as less energetic visible light. And the gas is so hot because of the effects of the black hole.

More than an acoustic curiosity, these sound waves transport energy that keeps gas throughout the cluster warmer than it would otherwise be. These warmer temperatures, in turn, regulate the rate of new star formation, and hence the evolution of galaxies and galaxy clusters. This makes the findings far more significant for understanding the astrophysical evolution of the Universe.

The Perseus sound waves are much more than just an interesting form of black hole acoustics, said Steve Allen, also of the Institute of Astronomy and co-investigator in the study. These sound waves may be the key in figuring out how galaxy clusters, the largest structures in the Universe, grow.

Astronomers will now analyze other galaxy clusters for similar sound waves.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It does seem to make sense that, if you reverse the motion observed, then at some point it may have all been in one ball of matter, but can only observe so much of the universe so its difficult to say from our limited perspective... maybe there were/are several condensed balls of matter scatteres throughout the universe. Maybe they are all at different stages of inflation/compression.

I wonder what it was made of when it was all one ball of matter? Hydrogen only? Can you manipulate hydrogen to create the rest of the elements? Or would you need hydrogen and helium to make all the different combinations?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Yes but arent there huge sections entirely devoid of any matter?
At the time of the alleged "big bang", as the theory goes, all matter was condensed in one locstion, so that dust you speak of would not be there to carry the sound. Perhaps there was a sound within the ball of matter itself though! But not travelling outward from the matter itself...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

The theory has already been covered, but I am curious. You have trouble believing in science and scientists, but are apparently capable of using a phone or computer to access the Internet? I'm guessing that -- for you -- accessing information on the Internet is a lot like contacting the spirits of the dead via medium, or with the help of Tarot cards? Do you pray when you start your car in the morning? Or operate an oven or radio? Do you believe there is a casual relationship between television and witchcraft? How do you feel about having your picture taken? Does it feel as if the photographer has stolen a piece of your soul?

I'm not trying to be rude. I am just wondering how you navigate the actual world, which is immersed the product of centuries of scientific theory, measurement, observation and analysis.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What caused the laws of physics to form as we know them?

Why does everything work the way it does; speed, gravity, light, etc?

I ask assuming there was a time before everything 'expanded' (a big bang), before certain elements had ever formed and before certain laws of physics ever had a chance of expressing themselves.

To go further, what caused life forms to evolve the way that they have, into the shapes and colors and other attributes etc?

Who decides all this stuff?

Is it just a non-aware logical expression where intelligent designs naturally occur?

If so, what do you call that?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The Cosmic Microwave Background takes us back to about 380,000 years after the Big Bang by looking at the background radiation and how it has been expanding as well as the rate it has been expanding over time.

The Cosmic Neutrino Background takes us back a few seconds after the Big Bang happened by tracing these particles called Neutrinos and when they decoupled from matter and THEIR background expansion and rate of expansion. The tricky part about neutrinos is that they don't interact with matter so detecting them is tough, but we have ways.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I can only suggest imagining a glass marble thrown hard at a wall exploding into a millions pieces going in every direction.

Then of course....the pertinent question then becomes...(c'mon folks...you know it's comin'..)..WHO THREW the marble in the 1st place!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You have trouble believing anything from scientific sources? Are you one of those idiots who will take everything they're told on blind faith but then argue against anything that's been proven with science?

In ancient times, when mankind didn't know how anything worked, they explained everything by saying "oh, that was God that did that".

Now, we have science to show us how stuff works, but BILLIONS of people still think God was responsible for everything.

Even the POPE this week said that "to think God did everything was ridiculous" and endorsed the Big Bang.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I can only suggest imagining a glass marble thrown hard at a wall exploding into a millions pieces going in every direction.

Then of course....the pertinent question then becomes...(c'mon folks...you know it's comin'..)..WHO THREW the marble in the 1st place!

I'd say that it is more akin to throwing a rock into a pond and watching the ripples flow out. Except they are going in all directions instead of just 2-dimensionally.

As for your question, no idea and no evidence to say either way.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Is it possible the Marble wasn't thrown, but rather propelled by natural forces we have yet to uncover and understand? Most of the known universe is dark matter, and most of the energy in the universe is dark energy. We have at best only cracked the door to our understanding of the universe. The trickles of light flowing in from that cracked door can give us clue to what may lie inside the room, but until the door is finally opened, nobody can know for sure.

That's the beauty of science. We don't ask "Is there an intelligence that threw this marble?" We ask "How did the marble come to be, and what processes lead it to crash into the mass of stuff?" If the ultimate answer really is a higher intelligence, the science may eventually back up this claim.
edit on 6-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Formatting

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Youre asking if Im an idiot? Thats a great way to make your point bordering the ridiculous. I said nothing about most of what you said....just an observation told me many years ago by a Zen Buddist.

Too deep for you to grasp the concept I see. Well...I wont resort to your level of insults to make your point. Your'e doing quite well all on your own...

Best

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think his/her post was directed at the OP, rather than you. Still a rude post, but your chastisement may be misdirected.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That was not clear as I read it...but I see your point. Well taken. I was guilty this week with post removed for a manners violation...which is fine...but...perhaps then you can understand my surprsie at the attitude exhibited.

Personally...I try to call no one here any derogatory terms...we arent a place for that. There are others. Agreed?

Thanks for the reply! Best MS

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

But the thing you have to keep in mind is that Inflation (AKA The Big Bang) is still only a theory.

What do you mean by "is still only a theory"?
edit on 6-1-2015 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I got proof 2+2 = 4 ....just kidding ...they think if they put some fancy swiggles with
some numbers it counts as proof ...Here is your proof better than any numbers on a black board.
And God Said let there Be and Bang There was .......everything not just light .
After all an explosion is a release of energy and light .

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You have trouble believing anything from scientific sources? Are you one of those idiots who will take everything they're told on blind faith but then argue against anything that's been proven with science?

In ancient times, when mankind didn't know how anything worked, they explained everything by saying "oh, that was God that did that".

Now, we have science to show us how stuff works, but BILLIONS of people still think God was responsible for everything.

Even the POPE this week said that "to think God did everything was ridiculous" and endorsed the Big Bang.

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

The theory has already been covered, but I am curious. You have trouble believing in science and scientists, but are apparently capable of using a phone or computer to access the Internet? I'm guessing that -- for you -- accessing information on the Internet is a lot like contacting the spirits of the dead via medium, or with the help of Tarot cards? Do you pray when you start your car in the morning? Or operate an oven or radio? Do you believe there is a casual relationship between television and witchcraft? How do you feel about having your picture taken? Does it feel as if the photographer has stolen a piece of your soul?

I'm not trying to be rude. I am just wondering how you navigate the actual world, which is immersed the product of centuries of scientific theory, measurement, observation and analysis.

I've had more than a few posts removed for more than a few reasons; I pretend like it's a thing I have with the mods. Frankly, I think ATS should be more like GLP, I welcome the assailments. If ATS had a better function of seeing people's actual post history you would both know that I don't believe in anything & have an extremely difficult time living in normal society.

There are two realities, mine, & everyone else's.
web.photodex.com...

As for the Big Bang, I'm not buying it. Just another psyop to subconsciously promote promscuity.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

As for the Big Bang, I'm not buying it. Just another psyop to subconsciously promote promscuity.

I know I'm going to wish I hadn't peaked inside the box but... what exactly does a scientific explanation for the beginning of this version of our universe and it's physical laws have to do with promiscuity?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

It's an atheist liberal conspiracy to promote same and mixed sex orgies. Big... Bang. Need I say more? Read between the lines, duuuuude!
edit on 7-1-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join