It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Next Timothy McVeigh Among us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Its a lot harder to get explosives like Timothy McVeigh used.

So a bomb the size Timothy McVeigh used is not likely to be seen again.

But small bombs could still be made from common store bought items.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oklahoma was a government psyopts with a patsy. So will the government attempt another attack? Certainly yes they will.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was born without a middle name

so that rules me out.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

it is all about getting the same help from the gov. that he got.
It is no secret that every terrorist attack is guided by the gov.
edit on 7-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That is a very good question. I remember a number of years back (2006), there was a guy on the site Vampirefreaks.com that killed three people with the help of his VERY underage girlfriend (he was 23, she 12). It got massive media attention (its how I heard about it, and its stuck in my mind). Subsequently there have been several crimes by board members.

What I try to remember is that these people are not the majority of a site. SO ATS is a conspiracy site, and yeah you will get the disenfranchised anti government types, and from, that group you may get a nut who does more than post on line.

SO yes we probably have another "McVeigh" on the site. But we've had notorious people before too. The question is, what do you do about them if you spot them? It can be harder than you would think to get the authorities to take you seriously that they are a danger. I know this from having to try and deal with a group of unstable boys who I found on Vampire freaks (I got curious, joined, then found that there were three local late teen boys "preparing for the end times" .... and I don't mean passively).

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

McVeigh worked for the US government. He was basically another Lee Harvey Oswald. He was involved, but set up to be the patsy. Do the research.

So, if another McVeigh is among ATSers... he works for the government and is about to be used like a $5 prostitute.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Is it really only a matter of time before we turn on the news to here that the "terrorist" was believed to be a prominent poster on a conspiracy website called AboveTopSecret.com, who regularly posted anti-government statements?

I worry this may only be a matter of time.

That's already happened a couple of times, one or two were school shootings.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Not so much another Tim MacVeigh.....I look for Americas "burning man"...........That's the kickoff.....and when or where he will show up is still up for debate....but show up he will.....then the government will fall under a tsunami of the peoples making.....so be it....

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

edit on 8-1-2015 by ExPatRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
kinda makes you wonder what happened to some of the posters that have disappeared over the years...i realize i cannot mention names but one that used to mention red coats a lot comes to mind

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

What you mention is a good thing. Do you want to live in a society where someone can anonymously accuse you of a crime, and that is probable cause for the authorities to work their way into your life looking for things you're doing wrong?

Note that if people work in a group there are conspiracy laws that don't have the same burden of proof. But, the tradeoff we make for some semblance of privacy in our lives is that a lone wolf isn't guilty of anything and can't be charged with anything until they actually commit the crime.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I was just thinking about that poster the other day. I believe he got banned, considering he had a history of calling for violence against the police it wouldn't surprise me.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Yet like i said I am starting to see a worrying ideology developing on these boards, a ideology that could take this mistrust of government away form the messaging boards of ATS and on to the Streets of American in a bloody and public massacrer much in the same way as Timothy McVeigh. It makes me wonder, is the next Timothy McVeigh amoung as.

Are you trying to equate ATS members to terrorists?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Given that McVeigh was in all likelihood a government patsy and made to make the militia / anti-government movement look bad I would hope not.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I put ATS posters in two main categories:

1. Truth seekers
2. Disinfo. agents

Now, not all truth seekers are the same. Human beings often don't live in reality and create in their minds the truth(s) they need or can accept. Even in the face of the obvious they continue to fight against reality. For example, just look at the posts regarding Ukraine, Russia, and the USA - there are many people attempting to demonize Russia and avoid discussing the USA's culpability in the events. So, while many of us are truth seekers we don't always agree - reality be damned.

Disinfo. agents are obviously the same - they are here to stir the pot and push the agenda(s). And I'd expect the next Tim McVeigh (Lee Harvey Oswald) to be among the disinfo. agents and not among the "truth seekers." If you follow the path of Lee Harvey Oswald you will find how he was recruited and bred into a sort of disinfo. agent lifestyle - going to Russia, being/acting both Pro and Anti Cuba, etc.

I'd expect the next Tim McVeigh to show up here to stir the pot, say some outlandish stuff, and quite possibly send mixed messages - pro/anti Islam, pro/anti Russia. Shoot, he/she might even have two accounts to accomplish this.

Of course, I'm just guessing at this anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

i would think that is a fairly accurate guess

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think I understand what you’re saying, OtherSide.... The title of your thread has crossed my mind more than once. And the answer, IMO, is, “Quite possibly ’Yes’, but who knows?”. I agree, that’s a pretty lame answer, but it’s sincere.

I realize everyone has a right to their own opinion, and that even though we may disagree, our difference doesn’t diminish the merit of their argument. If someone can rationally and reasonably support their position, I’m generally all ears and may even be swayed to question my own position. At the same time, though, I’m not gullible and rarely confused by buzz words. This, believe it or not, has caused me to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous thugs with a heated agenda more than once. But, that’s OK. I can handle it. It may irritate me, but I can handle it. You have to expect it; there are certain members who live by the credo, “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, then blind them with BS”. To be honest, I have to admit that once or twice I’ve found myself in a thread where the posters were whipped into a kind of mindless, blood thirsty, cyber-lynch-mob mentality, and so I intentionally posted a radically opposing view just to see the reaction. WOW!! Talk about a righteous stoning! I barely crawled outta those threads!

It’s not so much the stuff I mentioned above that concerns me, though. Every now and then you run across an individual that exudes hatred. It’s like oozing out every pore in their body. You can spot it immediately. They seem to be teetering on the edge of a psychotic breakdown. Even if they don’t express a desire for violent confrontation explicitly, it’s still plain to see. I see it mostly in political forums. They’re the ones who seem to support everything that’s not in our country’s best interest. They have no interest in improving the system, but are obssessed with bringing it down. To Hell with the misery and agony it would cause the people, just “Burn Baby! Burn!!”. They love to preach about our Constitutional rights being infringed upon, but rarely know what they’re talking about. It’s simply a vehicle they use to justify their desire for revolution. I’m not getting into a political discussion here, but it seems Obama is a favorite target for the haters. No matter what happens in the world, “It’s Obama’s fault...”. It’s futile to try and have a reasonable discussion about a topic with a hater. They will accept nothing that isn’t inline with their position, and will use tactics of intimidation to discredit you. Regardless of how illogical or baseless their response is.

It’s unlikely there are many members (if any) who are on the verge of something like a Timothy McVeigh event. But like I said at the start, “who knows?” Whatever will be, will be. I’ve been a member for a long time, and to be honest I don’t know if it’s much different now than it was when I joined. It seems to be sometimes, but that may just be my imagination. Regardless, ATS is still my favorite forum, and it’s a great place for a variety of topics and viewpoints. It’s about the only one I visit much anymore.

Cheers!

PS: I kinda liked what MCmutant had to say. Makes sense to me...

<< 1   >>

join