It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Next Timothy McVeigh Among us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Now I am going to be very careful how I put things on this thread, but this just the opinion and observations of one guy who is just peering over the wall and seeing what is happening to my American cousins over the pond form the outside. I really don't want anyone getting the wrong impression and although recently I have not been posting quite as much as I used to, I have been still reading the boards and I have to confess what i am reading does worry me at times.

I see lots of very understandable resentment of the American government and the abuses of law enforcement officers in the US being talked about on these boards, particularly in this forum. Yet I also see something more, something deeper, a developing ideology. I see lots of vague talk about how the time for the people to stand up to these perceived "Tyrants" is closing, I read lots of posts that sound like disguised threads against the establishment yet stop short of a call for violence against the government. Shockingly, at least to me, I do also see some, if a very few, posts that I believe can be interpreted as being direct calls to take up arms against the American government by some of the American people on this site.

Now I am not blind, this is a conspiracy website, by its very nature it is going to contain lots and lots of anti-goverment sentiments and almost every thread is also probably going to at the very least cast some suspicion upon government agencies. ATS is a conspiracy website by our very nature most if not all members here have less trust of the government than the folk who get their views of the world around them off FaceBook.

Yet like i said I am starting to see a worrying ideology developing on these boards, a ideology that could take this mistrust of government away form the messaging boards of ATS and on to the Streets of American in a bloody and public massacrer much in the same way as Timothy McVeigh.

It makes me wonder, is the next Timothy McVeigh amoung as.

Is it really only a matter of time before we turn on the news to here that the "terrorist" was believed to be a prominent poster on a conspiracy website called AboveTopSecret.com, who regularly posted anti-government statements?

I worry this may only be a matter of time.

I hope I am wrong.

edit on 6-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

S+F

Well from what I've been lead to understand, John Doe #2 is still on the loose.

Long story short, I don't think we've ever had a period in time where we didn't have McVeighs/Fawkes/Kazynkys or any other brand of psychos among us and you can bet your bottom dollar that as things get more and more desperate out there one of them is going to strike.

Some will have motives...

And others as Alfred Pennyworth would say it. "Just want to watch the world burn."

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The next big operation may be in the planning stages as I write this.

Somewhere in secure installations. In many dimly lit conference rooms, each with a small piece of the operation documented and layered in linguistic codes. Never explicit, never the whole thing in one place.

And somewhere within the planning matrix, the pawns are being groomed. Totally oblivious to the master plan.

How low could the bloated government of a dying empire stoop? Answer: Much much lower than a single man ever could.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well it's happened before. Was it James Holmes (Colorado shooter) who was once a member here? Someone help me remember.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
More than likely hes going to post in this thread.

(no im not talking about me)
edit on 1/6/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I think you are referring to the scum bag Jared Loughner. We do not talk about him on ATS and before I get the post ban over bringing him up I think it is important for you to know it wasn't the other d-bag.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Well it's happened before. Was it James Holmes (Colorado shooter) who was once a member here? Someone help me remember.
it was the guy who shot the lady that was i think in congress. However there have been several other accounts that would get the axe shortly after something bad happened.

For me one big one was a former user that got the axe when those 5 were traded for bergdahl. That users post matched what one would expect from someone with that line of thinking. They made some good points at times but had a streak of hatrid that would show thru.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If he was among you, you'd never know. For the most part, his kind of personality types are loners that prefer face to face contact.

No I think the next "terrorist" attack will be linked to some domestic group and then things will get nasty for a while.

Or I could be wrong and nothing happens and we all descend into poverty and chaos.
I'm haven't been wrong about these kinds of things before.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I think it is not healthy to worry about such. All we can do is see that we all adhere to the t&c for the most part and logically one could assume that there is a chanc you are right. The best defense is too spread positivity amoung threads.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sure he is in the US...though I doubt on ATS. They are usually reclusive types. Guys that can plan that kind of operation are not typically leaving a trail.

My guess would be the next big thing will be a very pointed attack on US soil aimed at armed forces of some sort. I think the killing of civilians is not on the agenda for militants groups in the US at this point...it has been done over and over with no real results except for crackdown on said groups.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I think you are referring to the scum bag Jared Loughner. We do not talk about him on ATS and before I get the post ban over bringing him up I think it is important for you to know it wasn't the other d-bag.

I don't want a post ban either. Do I need to delete my post? Did not know I could not say anything about him.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I thought ATS was about denying ignorance. Why can't people mention this guy? He was real, what he did happened. Banning talk about him won't make the facts go away.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think you will be ok. We just don't speak of these people here though, I just thought it was important for you to know that the person you were thinking about was most likely the murderer I named. ATS is a breeding ground of ideas and fringe thoughts and beliefs regarding the government, while possible a mcveigh type may come here to read I doubt they would be an active member and if so ideas spewed about intentions like Mcveighs would more then likely be looked upon badly.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

I thought ATS was about denying ignorance. Why can't people mention this guy? He was real, what he did happened. Banning talk about him won't make the facts go away.

There is no ban in discussing topics for the most part. I think they just do not want us to make threads and such discussing other members. So it is cool to talk about the person but not about members?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

If he was a member here, that is also one of the real facts about this very real guy. Nothing ATS can do to change that, and I don't see why people can't talk about it if the subject comes up in a discussion.

Sweeping facts under the carpet just because they are uncomfortable is to actively encourage ignorance. I'm certainly not a fan of that personally, and I would not have much respect for such a policy here on ATS either.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

We are talking about it now. There is i believe a standing rule that says i can not make threads and such about you or any other member. If you search for those threads you will find the his account was well adressed and after it became redundent conversation they adhered back to the rule even though during the hype it was allowed for a bit. Without having that rule enforced we would have personal attacks that could directly lead to a person being pushed over the edge by such. It keeps the group from devouring itself from the inside.
this is all just my opinion and i am not a mod
edit on 6-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

This is not about discussing or making personal attacks on random ATS members. The T&C here already have that issue covered anyway.

This is about a very spesific person who did something horrible. How could talking about Jared Loughner - AFTER the fact and AFTER what he did - push him over the edge? There can hardly be any more edges for him to jump off now. I stand by what I said, truth should never be surpressed or wiped under the carpet. It's not like ATS is a North-Korean forum, at least it wasn't the last time I looked.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

This is not about discussing or making personal attacks on random ATS members. The T&C here already have that issue covered anyway.

This is about a very spesific person who did something horrible. How could talking about Jared Loughner - AFTER the fact and AFTER what he did - push him over the edge? There can hardly be any more edges for him to jump off now. I stand by what I said, truth should never be surpressed or wiped under the carpet. It's not like ATS is a North-Korean forum, at least it wasn't the last time I looked.

I suspect it's discouraged if not banned simply to try and avoid government intervention on the US behalf.
If you think they'd hesitate for a moment to wipe this site off the face of the internet, think again.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That does not mean that I personally have to bow down to those who are trying to stifle free speech or make facts go away. And if ATS has not been shut down by now because someone here talked about Jared Loughner or mentioned his name, I very much doubt that it ever will be.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

This is a privite site and it is likely this thread would have named specific members if it was not against the t&c.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join