It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Attempt at Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm a very curious guy, so I thought I'd give astral projection a try. Here's how it all went down...

I found a website with clear instructions on how to perform astral projection. (Please note that I am not affiliated with this website in any way, whatsoever. I found it through Google and wanted to 'cite my source' so to speak.)

www.astralvoyage.com...

The instructions say to lie down in a comfortable position and not to move. I let my arms and legs get really heavy, forcing myself not to move anything. This was about 5 PM in the evening on a Saturday. I was sleepy, which the website says can be a problem (since you might fall asleep rather than project your astral body). Nevertheless, I went for it.

My arms and legs did, indeed, begin to feel heavy and I closed my eyes while trying to stay alert and conscious (i.e. not fall asleep!). I began to hypnotize myself a little bit (this was not on the website but I have a degree in Psychology and believe strongly in the power of the mind). I simply told myself that I was paralyzed, that I could not move. Then, I tried to move and reinforced the idea that I could not to my own consciousness. I wish I could explain it better but it all came rather naturally because I have a little bit of experience with hypnosis already.

Then, I fell asleep.

*facepalm*

But wait, it isn't over yet because something really cool happened when I woke up!

The website talks about a vibration that you feel throughout your body just prior to astral projection. When you feel this vibration, you are supposed to 'open your eyes' (not physically but your astral eyes) and hop out of your body. The website says that you need to remain calm or else you'll wreck this vibrational state altogether. So, don't get too excited when you feel the vibration.

So, I woke up and felt this vibration but I hadn't opened my physical eyes yet. This, all by itself was quite odd. I can't remember very often waking up without opening my eyes right away. I'm not saying it has never happened but it is probably very rare. So, it was a cool experience. I woke up but my eyes were still shut and my body was 'paralyzed' (not in a spooky way, it felt relaxing).

Now, I want to hang for a moment on this 'vibration.' Man, I was skeptical. I didn't really think it would happen but it felt unlike anything I have ever experienced before. It was like a thousand bolts of pleasant energy were quickly racing through my body and yet my body was completely calm and more relaxed than ever. I'm trying my best here but the sensation was nearly indescribable. All I can say is that it felt very good.

Now, here's where I think I wrecked it. I got excited. (I mean, wouldn't you?) I was like, "Dude, I am sooo about to astral project on my first try! What is up?!" I was so excited that I forgot to try and open my astral eyes. Instead, I became conscious of my physical eyes and consciously chose to keep them closed. (In hindsight, I think this kind of took me out of whatever trance or meditative state I was in). Still, I did try and hop out of my body.

Again, what I experienced seemed to agree with the information found on that website I posted. The website says that the head is most "sticky." That is to say, the astral head does not like to leave the physical head. I definitely felt this. For just a moment I thought I moved my astral leg out of my physical leg. The only way I can describe it was that my brain was saying that my leg was moving while also saying that my leg was not moving. I know, it doesn't make sense. Again, words can't really describe the experience.

I tried to get my (astral) legs totally free and move my (astral) arms but I slowly felt myself sliding back into 'normal' consciousness and the vibrations began to dissipate. Then I felt totally awake. It was an awesome experience and I'm sure that few people have ever achieved astral projection on their first try, so I know that I shouldn't be bummed out. This kind of stuff just takes practice.

The whole experience has really made me a believer though. I still don't know what astral projection is (maybe just an awesome mind-trip) but I know it feels really good and I definitely want to try it again.

Now I'd like to hear some of your stories, or advice you may have for me. Have you ever tried to astral project? Those of you that have succeeded, where did you go and what did you do? What sort of beings did you encounter (if any)?

Thanks for your time and allowing me to share. Mods, I am hoping this is in the correct forum but if not, please feel free to move it.

Blessings,
Cody

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

Very cool story, glad you shared
I recently shared my first Astral Projection Since than I've had two more. The second was similar to the first one in except that I saw a bit of snow on my front lawn, and the next day it snowed. My third one was part of a Moon Experiment where I pretty much just bounced around the moon for a bit

I've had LOADS of lucid dreams and i'm almost at the point where I can become lucid on command now. Good luck on your journey, and while I "know" their is a difference in feelings between Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections, I still am not convinced it's "Real" When I say Real I mean, I want to know if I can go to my parents house and see what is on their kitchen counter in the REAL WORLD not in my lucid mind world. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

My tips would be keep trying, and experimenting, different techniques work for different people. All three of my Astral projections were different techniques, the last one being launched from a lucid dream, thanks again for sharing!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I've gotten out a few times. Havn't done it in a bit. You mentioned the head being a sticky astral part. Well when I started getting out more often it wasn't so sticky anymore. Hard to just go to sleep when you fall into paralysis, or if you are dreaming and awake (in your body and in your dream)..

Anyway. Those vibrations do feel good. I don't think they are in your body. Any thoughts about your body change your focus.. What your focus is is where you are.. So focus on a dream, you are in a dream. All the sudden realize you are dreaming and think about real things you usually wake up pretty quick..

So it's that same concept. you have to maintain conscious focus on astral, not physical. But it is sooo exciting. You can tell even before you get out that it's real. When you get out it's even more exciting. And then the first time you go through a window or a wall, and get outside, and see everything glowing in silvery glow.. OMG..

Life will never be the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just a quick question .
Did you astral project the facepalm ?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
I still am not convinced it's "Real" When I say Real I mean, I want to know if I can go to my parents house and see what is on their kitchen counter in the REAL WORLD not in my lucid mind world. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

In some of mine I seemed to be in a different place. It was mostly the same as this world, but I wasn't sure if the events matched "real life" so I couldn't confirm it.

Then I projected right into the real world. all the events matched up including a unique event of my dog being outside, and I found him, so when I came back to my body I went and found him right where I just left him. The thing about this is that he has Never been left outside at night before or after that..

As far as what is reality. MY main thing is that if you get deep enough into consciousness, the core of reality is started there, and so I sort of tend to think it's all layers of the mind including physical "reality." In other words it's all in your head, but your head is "bigger" than the universe..

Just my thoughts of course. There is a nice similarity between lucid dreaming and astral projection. Very similar states. I don't ever wake up from astral projecting. I just come back. When I lucid dream there is a pause upon getting back, where im still getting more conscious (into my body [waking up]) whereas astral my consciousness doesn't seem change.

I definitely need to explore more about it. These are only my interpretations. I havn't done a direct scientific test. Something like a card test. Pick a random card from a deck, tape it to a window facing out. Then go out my window turn aeound and look. Go back to body untape card and look again. Repeat. I've tried to do that, but I forgot and ended up flying around instead haha.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I definitely need to explore more about it. These are only my interpretations. I havn't done a direct scientific test. Something like a card test. Pick a random card from a deck, tape it to a window facing out. Then go out my window turn aeound and look. Go back to body untape card and look again. Repeat. I've tried to do that, but I forgot and ended up flying around instead haha.

lmao story of my life right there... I agree with you on the differences. I "feel" the difference between lucid dreaming and astral projecting as well, but would love concrete proof as you described.

Question about what you were saying about "Reality" are you surmising that ALL of reality is within our minds? That's what I kind of thought you were saying but I could be wrong, when we astral project and lucid dream we are in our minds alone, but when "awake" we are in everyone's minds simultaneously all making our own realities?

I just made my brain hurt...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Question about what you were saying about "Reality" are you surmising that ALL of reality is within our minds? That's what I kind of thought you were saying but I could be wrong, when we astral project and lucid dream we are in our minds alone, but when "awake" we are in everyone's minds simultaneously all making our own realities?

I just made my brain hurt...

So what I mean the deepest part of our minds is one mind. Not the you with a name. Not the you who knows you have a name, (silent observer guy), but deeper. I think information or consciousness is the base reality. Physical reality would be like the crust.

So while I do think we all constantly change reality in some fashion, the deepest part holds all the game code intact. I actually interpret the all seeing eye in a triangle to be a representation of this.

I'm along the lines of a Jungian (carl jung) with a collective unconscious, and while I don't know if he meant we are all connected at all times, or if it's just a database we have in common, that is only accessed individually, I think we are all connected at a base level.

Physical reality being the crust, death is only moving "inward." So me and carl jung agree on that.. The after life is only one more part of "life"

edit on 6-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Could you see through your eyelids, as if your eyes weren't closed, as when the vibrations start, everything seems to turn into waves for me and I can see through eyelids and blankets at times.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What is quite interesting...is when you gain experience...(a lot over time)....you can choose where you want to go...and come back with information.

Whether its true info or not? Who knows....but Ive had some amazing ones in the 1990's.

Happy travels...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Congrats on your experience! For a first conscious one, you've done a nice job.

The important thing is: You need to find a technique that works for you - Once you find it, use it to your advantage. I still haven't found mine, but then again, I practice at night; figure the worst that will happen is that I fall asleep before I'm able to succeed.

Here's my story for the night. About a year ago, I found myself staying conscious through the vibrations; typical noises (rushing wind, a tingling, etc). Well, I made it out, and found myself floating in the room (I was pretty close to the physical, as I could see my body in bed). Since I don't get out fully conscious like I was, I decided to work on controlling my movements around the room.

Now, going from physical-based movement (IE: Using my leg to move forward) to mental-based movement was a challenge: I found that I was overshooting my goal several times. I did eventually get the hang of it, and what caused me to return to the physical was not the act of moving, but seeing my projection of my body. I put out my "arms", and it was one of the neatest sights ever: It looked like my arms and hands were composed of purple, dark blue, grey, and golden sparks or glitter, vaguely resembling what they look like. Got a bit too excited, and wound up back in the body. On the astral, you really don't have any form, but I guess by default you form yourself to look like the physical.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
NICE JOB! First try and it sounds like you are doing amazing. I had an amazing experience my first try to. That was ten years ago. I have over 350 OBE's and can almost induce them at will now.

Sounds like you definitely got the vibrations! For me when I get the vibrations I try to increase them to the point where it is very intense. At the same time I usually hear a high pitch noise in my head and increase that as well.

When the vibrations get real intense, rather than just trying to open your astral eyes, try to roll out of your body or pop our of your body fist. I say this because sometimes you will accidentally open your physical eyes. Sometimes its really weird opening your astral eyes, I will do it really slow so I'm sure i don't open my real eyes.

I've been sooooo many places and done soooo many things that it would take three books to write. Your only limited by your imagination.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The vibration state is the one where we either make or break quite easily. I messed it up a few times because its not that easy to control anxiety. I read somewhere that one should stay calm during the vibrations and allow it to cease completely then do the exit.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My main problem is the same as PsychoEmperor: I just don't have very much free time to experiment with astral projection. I have a job, a wife, a kid, etc. It is hard for me to find the time to just relax and be alone in the bed. Like some of you have said, I could experiment at night but my wife would also be in the bed and I might easily fall asleep.

I will have to experiment with different techniques to "get out" of my body. I have heard other people talk about "rolling out" and I'm not sure what that feels like, or what you imagine in order to do this. Is it like rolling out of bed and onto the floor? Kind of?

Also, on a semi-related note, I have nearly died twice in my life (heart failure both times at age 7) but I never had an OBE or even saw a bright light or anything. That was kind of disappointing. (I mean, if you're gonna flatline, you might as well get to have a cool experience right?!). Perhaps astral projection will give me the OBEs I never had as a kid!

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I find the best time to practice for me is early in the morning. I Usually wake up about 2 hours before i actually am going to get up. I'll go to the bathroom and get some water, just wake my mind up for a little.

Then I go back to bed and try. The reason this helps is because your mind is more in the awake state while your body is still very relaxed. It is a lot easier to get into the desired state of mind this way.

As for rolling out of your body. Yeah it pretty much feels just like rolling off your bed. Its all about having an easy method of moving away from your physical body. If your used to flying in dreams its easy to just fly out of your body but if your not you need something your consciousness is used to. Thats why rolling out works for a lot of people. Sometimes ill be stuck in paralysis trying to fly out or pop and i can't. If thats the case i force my astral body to roll out of my physical body.

top topics

join