It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carved head photographed by Mars rover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Funny how it resembles the Aliens on "Mars Attacks".

Funny or awesome. I knew those Topps trading cards were real and that movie was a documentary.

edit on 6-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Tardacus
here`s one taken from a slightly different angle, I`m sure there are more but I don`t have the desire to search all those pictures. (the rock in question is in the upper left)
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Excellent.

Zoomed in at 400%…

It's definitely NOT a carved face. Just a rock.

And now it's clear how the JPEG compression artifacts of the other angle were enhanced to create the appearance of teeth.

I understood what you were talking about before regarding the artifacts and I let it rest however, if everyone is going to side with you based on the (newer and almost identical) photo you have just uploaded then it was a closed book from the start. That's basically the same photo, it still looks incredibly wierd and if anything has caught my attention even more. It does, it looks the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How come this was moved to "Hoaxes" ??

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Because what the mods says, goes. Speechless.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I firmly belief that there are artifacts spread out on the surface of Mars because of a global destructive force in its past but... I am not sure about this one.

The thing that bothers me the most is the one eye... Unless it represents a marsian one eyed god we (stil) do not know anything about.

Great find tho..

link   
a reply to: Downturn

I would say because the thread was about Jim Stones version of the picture and Skeptic did a pretty good job of proving that version is a hoax. Especially in regards to the teeth.

Don't feel bad. These mars rock picture threads all get sent to the hoax bin eventually.

edit on 6-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Am I wrong here or was that way too soon to be switched over? why not give it time to be discussed fully and give more people a chance to see it and comment on it, moving it so soon was a little heavy handed was it not??

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

But then we started to discuss the original picture itself right from NASA..............

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
You have a choice to read it or not, why attack the OP?

You're right. This is just more nonsense that I don't really need to respond to.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: ArMaP
C'mon Armap. I'm not saying this is anything but a rock with interesting features, but just because something can be explained away, doesn't mean the explanation is correct.

Even less when the explanation needs things that are not even proven as real, like someone that could have moved a "carved head" to Mars or that could make a "carved head" on Mars.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Downturn

Why prelong the lie?.
Not the ops fault this jim fella who doctored the image.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I would say because the thread was about Jim Stones version of the picture and Skeptic did a pretty good job of proving that version is a hoax. Especially in regards to the teeth.

Don't feel bad. These mars rock picture threads all get sent to the hoax bin eventually.

How did he do a good job? By uploading a different version of the original, which looked no different?
Am I missing something?

Basically the thread lasted 5 minutes until a mod decided it was a hoax and binned it. A geniune photo was being discussed it was hardely a photoshop of darth vader standing on Mars.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
Of course the rock on Mars is special, it's on Mars. A planet that may have harboured life in the distant past, basically.

I meant not special among Martian rocks, special enough for people to talk about this one and ignore all the other thousands that appear on the photos.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well if the head was surrounded by a thousand other similiar heads I would tend to agree with you, but when that one rock is surrounded by sand, stones and go kart tracks then maybe it is special?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You can still discuss it...
Just been moved because the photo has been doctored and hence is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Maybe we were on to something and my first thread has been officially covered up before more pople could discuss it and find out about it. Maybe I should be proud I found something so interesting that it had to be banned on a conspiracy theory forum.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

OK, so do you suggest the OP start a new thread, discussing only the original? Or will it just get closed down in spite? I'm going with the latter.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I likned the original NASA photo, so why are you ignoring that?

link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

How did he do a good job? By uploading a different version of the original, which looked no different?
Am I missing something?

Basically the thread lasted 5 minutes until a mod decided it was a hoax and binned it. A geniune photo was being discussed it was hardely a photoshop of darth vader standing on Mars.

The first picture not touched up still left the impression that there may be teeth. The second picture showed that there was definitely not teeth. Anywho I was not trying to defend the hoaxing of the thread. Just trying to share why I thought it might have been hoaxed. That its nothing against the poster but against Jim Stones version of the picture.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Downturn

Maybe we were on to something and my first thread has been officially covered up before more pople could discuss it and find out about it. Maybe I should be proud I found something so interesting that it had to be banned on a conspiracy theory forum.

such a gem that it can only be discussed in secret haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join