It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carved head photographed by Mars rover

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Isn't this the same picture from the zombies on mars thread . The original is a cool, interesting, picture. The Jim Stone one is enhanced. I do not think it is proof of anything either way. These rock pictures never are. We would need to physically examine the rocks to prove anything.

Still I hope we find proof of our galactic neighbors. Simply, so I can one day make xenophobic comments about elongated heads. Then justify said comments by proclaiming I can say such things because my best friends an alien.

edit on 6-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadys321

You are possibly correct, we know more and more about the shills and people hired by various government contractors with big budgets being sent out accross the net to provide disinfo or just disprove anything they see as harmful truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Ahh thank you for finding that, I figured someone would have posted it and tried discussing it before me.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think there are people using this forum that will not be happy until NASA upload the following photo with the caption 'DO NOT UPLOAD THIS PHOTO'

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Downturn
a reply to: Blue Shift

Completely misrepresenting me. You are the reason I didnt want to post on ATS, I simply provided a picture , said what I saw and asked what other people thought, then it become an attack on me. I sat on this picture and this story for 2 days looking, reading and researching before I brought it here. I was just looking for discussion on the topic at hand and if someone could de-bunk the photo or links etc etc.

Please don't let responders like that deter you from posting. There are a lot of us that appreciate OP's like yours, and realize you come here, and post, to seek the truth.

I read all replies to my threads, whether I like them or not. I have learned a lot from opposing views and even changed my stance on a couple things.
However, I am slowly learning that there are some I just scroll past. It is always the same, 'you might actually learn something', or 'that has already been debunked a thousand times how can you be so ignorant' or on and on.

Please don't stop posting, just grow a thicker skin. It is a requirement of ATS.
Thanks for the thread. S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Downturn
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Ahh thank you for finding that, I figured someone would have posted it and tried discussing it before me.

That thread was more about making jokes about zombies on mars. This thread is about seriously discussing the picture. So your good.

edit on 6-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I found this quote on another forum discussing this picture, I thought I would share it.

There are several possibilities to this..........
1. Its an extreme anomaly formed by the nature of the environment on the planet, if so there would be may other similar anomalies in abundance scattered about the planet. It is very odd seeing this, there would not be a close up taken by the observer's.
2. It was placed there in a very intricate ploy to discredit skeptic's of the history of our civilization and reinforce mainstream religion.
3. Jim is correct and the the remains of life on the planet were not completely concealed. Remember there was a time on our planet when the most advanced civilization in our history believed the planet was flat. There was a time in our history when people like Darwin were persecuted in public for there view of history. There was a time in history when there was pyramids all over the planet from cultures with no contact or communication all practicing the same advanced mathematics, astrology building techniques and worship systems. 1 of these sites has an underwater parking lot.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I do appreciate your post, thank you

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The picture is from SOL184 there were a lot of pictures taken on SOL 184 of that immediate area, if you have the patience and a good eye you can probably find other angles of that rock in the other pictures.

here`s one taken from a slightly different angle, I`m sure there are more but I don`t have the desire to search all those pictures. (the rock in question is in the upper left)

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here`s the link to the entire page of pictures from SOL 184
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Compared to the rover tracks (that can be seen in the picture) that rock is pretty darn small, I would guess about the size of your fist or maybe a bit larger.
It`s an interesting looking rock though.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadys321

Why would the site owner lie to disprove the pic.
I bet he would love it to be true and be discovered on ats.
He just doesn't jump on every rock saying "aliens" but uses his critical thinking.
Cool pic though

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Great find! multiple pictures and rover tracks give us a guestimate on the size of the rock in question.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

I have to say it-

Alien prehistoric presence confirmed?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
Maybe, but given the strange photos being sent back every day by the rover, so much so having created numerous very active threads on this forum such is the doubt in the objects, I find it absurd to blame everything we see on geographical factors.

How many geologists have you seen that think those are strange?

The fact that people that wouldn't look at a rock they find on the street post and talk about a photo of a rock taken on Mars doesn't meant that the rock on Mars is special (when compared with other Mars rocks), it's just a sign that the people that talk about it find it strange, based on their knowledge.

I have yet to see a photo from Mars that doesn't show something that can be explained by geological processes.

PS: I'm not a geologist, but I love geology and studied it a little in high-school.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
here`s one taken from a slightly different angle, I`m sure there are more but I don`t have the desire to search all those pictures. (the rock in question is in the upper left)

It's not really a different angle, they just rotate the camera mast to make panoramas, so there's no noticeable difference in perspective.

As that page has images for the right and left cameras we can make a 3D version of the image, but, as usual, the rock is too small to be clearly visible on the photo from the other camera, but I will try it anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Excellent.

Zoomed in at 400%…

It's definitely NOT a carved face. Just a rock.

And now it's clear how the JPEG compression artifacts of the other angle were enhanced to create the appearance of teeth.
edit on 6-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
C'mon Armap. I'm not saying this is anything but a rock with interesting features, but just because something can be explained away, doesn't mean the explanation is correct.

edit on 1/6/2015 by Klassified because: redaction - grammar

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Maybe, but given the strange photos being sent back every day by the rover, so much so having created numerous very active threads on this forum such is the doubt in the objects, I find it absurd to blame everything we see on geographical factors.

How many geologists have you seen that think those are strange?

I don't know mate, I don't know any geologists?

The fact that people that wouldn't look at a rock they find on the street post and talk about a photo of a rock taken on Mars doesn't meant that the rock on Mars is special

Of course the rock on Mars is special, it's on Mars. A planet that may have harboured life in the distant past, basically.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yup not a carved rock.
Excellent detective work and cheers for keeping our feet on the ground.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

it's just a sign that the people that talk about it find it strange, based on their knowledge.

Exactly, and I for one am glad when people WITH the knowledge share their expertise with us laymen.
I appreciate it even more when the knowledge is given without the demeaning rhetoric.
It tends to be received better and maybe even considered.

ETA: As was posted in another recent thread by Heffacide, typed conversations lose much in true intent. After reading my post I could see it being taken as a negative reply towards you ArMaP. I in no way meant your post was demeaning.

edit on 1 6 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 6 2015 by stosh64 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Funny how it resembles the Aliens on "Mars Attacks".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join